Forums
Forums >>> >>>
Character Purge On Hold
Character Purge On Hold

Ysabel

Director, Operations

You can all breathe easy for the moment: we have decided to hold off on the character purge for the time being. We have decided to proceed with the moving of the server without purging first.

At the current time there is no new date for a purge, so keep your eyes open for future announcements on this topic. Updates will be provided at a future date.

Thank you!

darkgar

User

Oh, thank you for keeping me informed :)

<Hidden>

User

What do you mean with purge?? will you erase all the characters??

<Hidden>

User

On behalf of those inactive NE wow friends , we are thanking u a lot.

We have such a vacation time or somewhere in middle year where lot of NE players active like during a big event , this is the best time to get delete the rest inactive characters not played during 2010 and prior to 2010. And same thing followed in 2013 -delete those characters not played prior to 2011

Just a advice make a maintenance for purging the old database once in a every year for last years not at the beginning of the year but at a middle or the year . So keeping the DB clean and fresh thus way improves a lot.

<Hidden>

User

what do you mean [Character Purge On Hold].....???

Ceruibast

User

For the people who don't get what NE means by 'character purge':

The mods pretty much planned on removing inactive players' characters from the server. I don't know what this means for donors who have gone inactive since they would clearly be losing out, but the fact it's been put on hold really helps those players who aren't around right now.

Also, agreeing with Shree that it's better to purge after a large server event or something similar, since then we know who really is inactive.

Augh

User

@pre-posters: NE planned on deleting any ingame-character (not account) who has not been logged into game between january 1st 2012 and march 28th 2012.
even donors would have been affected - but: the accounts would´ve been stayed so it would had been possible to regain the "lost" custom items due the donor log and a ticket.

however, i think keeping this step on hold is a good move and giving the staff more time to announce this move more... "proper". it´d be a shame for this great server if such a (maybe) hasted move would decrease the community.
thx staff <3

<Hidden>

User

what did you mean with "Character Purge On Hold"???!

<Hidden>

User

Just delete all characters from accounts

to make the new server light

<Hidden>

User

It means they will be delete every character and we will have to start from scratch.

<Hidden>

User

interesting, thanks mm plis dont release me i cant play today.
but i play all day thanks

<Hidden>

User

i think u can purge ppl that dont play douring 2 or 3 years ago, but there are ppl that cant play for weeks or months, so be careful deletin chars half actives :/

<Hidden>

User

Do we have to log into the in game server or will signing in on the website be sufficient enough?

Jem

User

@ Centimeter - currently the purge is on hold but when it does happen you will need to log into the game AND log each character into game.

You need to be logged in to reply.