Forums
Forums >>> >>>
Where things are hiding...
Where things are hiding...

Development Team Leader

User

Since some of you are still a little confused as to where some things have moved to on the site recently, and since I did a little rearranging this morning, I thought i'd just recap the recent changes to the Vote Shop / Donation Rewards.

Normal Items - Normal items haven't moved, they're still in the Vote Shop and Donation Rewards sections of the site.

Custom Item Tokens - Custom Item Tokens haven't moved in the last year, and are available in the Custom Items section of the Donations part of the site.

'Action' Tokens - 'Action' Tokens (tokens which perform or enable some action that doesn't result in an item, e.g. the Level tokens, Profession Tokens, Gold, Title Tokens, Exalted reputation tokens etc) have been replaced with 'Services'. Services are like the tokens, but without the actual token, you select the character you want and a Name Change or Level Increase is instantly and directly applied to the character. Services available for vote points have now been given their own separate page from the Donation services, available here and here respectively. Services were introduced for several reasons, including saving you from having to deal with an intermediate item in order to use them (i.e. the step of receiving and using the token was removed), saving you from having to wait for a Game Master to deal with your token (where neccesary) and saving a Game Master's time since they don't have to deal with the tokens either. So remember - if you're looking for a Name Change, a Title, a Level token and so on - they're in the services sections.

Gear Tokens - Item packs are the new equivalent of the old 'Token of Season 7 Item' or 'token of End game gear'. As with the services, the aim was to save time for both you and Game Masters by simply automating the existing process, as well as showing you the full range of items you can choose from for each token. If you're looking for a set of items, they're now located in the Item Packs section of the site. The Item Packs list has recently had categorization added, as well as a class filter, so if you're just looking for Druid PvP Gear you should be able to find it easily. (The categorization and class filters are new, and have not been properly configured yet for every single pack, so please bear with us until we get all of the packs updated). Additionally, items on the armory will indicate if they're in one or more item packs, and provide a link to see which packs they're in.

Additionally we've cleaned up some issues such as the Arthas Inscription Recipes service requiring you to have vote points in order to purchase it while the price was displayed as 10 Donation Chips. We've also removed the empty categories from the Services / Rewards pages, and provided links to jump to specific sections at the top.

The easy way to remember where to find something is:

• Do i want an item, or do i want to effect some change in my character?
    • Change - I'm looking for a service
    • Item: Do I want a collection of items, or just one item?
      • Collection: Look in the item pack section to see if it's available.
      • Single Item: Check if it's in the donation/vote shop, if it isn't then it might be in a single-item pack, the Armory will provide appropriate links either way.

<Hidden>

User

Good job, nice and tidy and easy to find stuff!

angerfear

User

good add-on, but you can consider a "To Top" button if you want..

<Hidden>

User

<Hidden>

User

why don't you make the [Full End-game Gear] automatic as the class specific ones? I mean that it will be easier and faster to use and people would get their gear without wasting GM's time...

Ysabel

Director, Operations

Full End-Game Gear is coming as an Item Pack for Arthas in the near future. It just takes time to make all these updates. ;) Thanks for your patience!

Also you will find (as Development Team said) that we are separating the Item Packs by Season/Tier/End-Game as well as allowing you to filter by class. This has now been implemented, while tweaks may be necessary. Have fun checking out the new features!

<Hidden>

User

<Hidden>

User

thanks ysabel and stewart and the rest of the NE team! keep up the good work guys!

You need to be logged in to reply.