Forums
Forums >>> >>>
An INTERESTING Contest
An INTERESTING Contest

Ysabel

Director, Operations

As you all should know, we have many events on Neverendless: in the Forums, Teamspeak, IRC and of course BattleMaster events! Now it is time for a NEW Event for Facebook!

This new event is called "INTERESTING!"

We will use a Random Word Combobulator to combobulate 3 INTERESTING words for you! With those three words we want you to write us an INTERESTING story. You must include all 3 words and your (very short) story can be no more than 150 words. To start you all off we have an example Combobulation for you!

1) Pineapple
2) Barren
3) Cookies

This is a hard bunch, but Subliminal has made a good effort!

One day I took my character on a long journey to see the wizard of Winterspring! The BARREN land on the way through Azshara was hard on the eyes and there was no food to be found! Suddenly I saw a Kobold holding a PINEAPPLE; I begged him for it but he just glared at me, so I offered him a candle. He began jumping up and down yelling, “YOU NO TAKE CANDLE!" I threw the candle at him, knocking the pineapple out of his hands; I caught it and ran from the crazy overgrown rat! I tried to eat the pineapple only to find out that it fake! I carried on my lonely trek. I finally arrived at the wizard’s castle to find it was made of COOKIES! “OMG” I yelled as I dived onto it…”NOM NOM NOM!"

THE END.

Please feel free to reply to this article with your practice COMBOBULATIONS using the above words! Competitions will start this Monday and each Monday following on Facebook! Just reply to the post on the Neverendless page with a comment including your story. You can win 20 [Neverendless Doubloon]s if your story is chosen as one of the best. Good luck and enjoy practicing!

You must also submit your INTERESTING stories to us using the "Event Submission" support ticket, so we know where to send rewards! The staff will judge the best 3 each week; prizes will be sent each Sunday!

Remember: 2 steps:

• Post your INTERESTING story on our Facebook page.
  • Submit your story with the character to be rewarded via "Event Submission" support ticket.

Thank you and enjoy!

<Hidden>

User

hollow_sk

User

Nice try to get "likes" :D

Paladie

User

<Hidden>

User

Hov pineapple barren cookie. I win. Give me my doubloons.

(Also that menu bar on the side is rather annoying.)

<Hidden>

User

<Hidden>

User

We Never Walk Alone!

<Hidden>

User

Pineapple Macadamia Nut Cookies

A recipe for pineapple cookies with brown sugar and chopped macadamia nuts for those of you who find yourself lost in the barren land of the Barrens and looking for something quick and easy to make before continuing through Horde Territory.

Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients:

1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour, stir before measuring
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
1 cup (8 ounce can) crushed pineapple, undrained

Preparation:
Cream shortening and sugars; beat in egg and vanilla. Sift together dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with pineapple. Fold in chopped macadamia nuts. Drop by teaspoonfuls 4 inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
Bake at 350° for 15 minutes, or until set and lightly browned.

<Hidden>

User

SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS LIVE IN PINEAPPLE IN DANGEROUS SEA. BEST FREND = (( PATRICK SEASTAR )) IT SEEMS LIKE PATRICK LIVE IN BARREN LAND WITH ROCK. BUT ACTUALLY ROCK = (( PATRICK HOME )) BAM ROCK GOES UP AND PATRICK SAY: HELLO FREND! SPONGEBOB GOES CRAZY: HE THROW HANDS IN AIR AND START RUNNING LIKE MADMAN. PATRICK JOINS HIM. THEN SUDDENLY THEY GET HUNGRY = (( COOKIE TIME )). THEY BAKE COOKIES AND EAT AND OFFER COOKIE TO SQUIDWARD TENTACLE. SQUIDWARD DONT LIKE COOKIE AND PUTS ON WEIRD NEGLECTING FACE. THEN ITS TIME FOR SPONGEBOB TO GO (( WORK )) AND MAKE HAMBURGERS LIKE ITS SERIOUS BIZNIZZ. WITH ALL COOKIE AND HAMBURGERS SPONGEBOB IS GETTING FAT LIKE DIONY. SO HE CALL PATRICK FOR (( HELP )) = PATRICK COME AND GOT IDEA TO SQUEEZE ALL STUFF OUT OF SPONGEBOB: OMG HE SQUEEZE IT ALL OUT: HAMBURGERS + COOKIE ALL OVER THE PLACE. TRUE DISASTER. THE END

<Hidden>

User

As I traveled through the barren and war torn continent of Kalimdor I kept my eyes open for the magnificent Kotori. I'd heard that if you could happen upon her by chance in the Gurubashi arena she may give you cookies! Boarding a ship in Ratchet, a dry dusty city on the edge of the barrens and sea, I set sail to find the fabled arena where this Battle Master was rumored to dwell.
Upon sighting land I set to gathering my gear as well as some much needed food and water. This would be a dangerous trip, and as all mages know, danger was overcome with mental prowess rather than physical might! Landing in the port of Booty Bay within the lush Stranglethron Valley i set forth to find this Kotori and acquire her legendary cookies. Almost immediately after leaving the bay i was beset by mages thinking that they could overcome me. To even the odds I used an expensive but worthwhile spell called Mirror Image to create 3 copies of me and fend these villains off whilst I beat them into the ground. With arcane blasts shaking the earth and stirring the air I spit forth fireball after fireball burning these scally wags to ashes. How DARE they bar MY way?!
with a flourish I cast one final spell using my arcane blast to finish the last opponent and tear him limb from limb even as my copies crumbled back into the earth. Tipping my helm in respect to the recently deceased, as it had been a worthy battle, I once again set forth. I would find these cookies if it was the last thing I did. I reached a cliff with a path winding to the side, ending at the base of the cliff FAR from where I desired to be. "What is it with these goblins and their aversion to stairs?" I grumbled, "everything has to be on ground level! Are they afraid that with such a small stature building UP would make them seem even smaller?"
Raising both hands I intoned the spell that would allow me to float gently downwards for a short period if time. Backing up and running forwards I leaped at just the last second and took in the view as I floated downwards. Trees towered high above the lush grass of the forest floor, vines dangling from their limbs; almost like art that only nature herself could create. With a small puff of dirt and a barely audible thud I touched down. "Well I best get moving, else something nasty is liable to come out of these shadows and reduce me to killing yet again."
Just as I began to think that I should possibly make camp for the night a large wall loomed out of the twilight world around me. "This must be the Arena!" i thought to myself, "let us see what we can find inside it's walls."
Creeping softly around it's world I chanted the spell that would grant me invisibility long enough to get inside the Arena without alerting anyone within that I was there.
I stepped onto the ledge of the inner-walls that provided a view of the arena area I saw a fire burning merrily and three forms towering above it.
"STEP FORTH PLAYER!!," the voice boomed, "WE KNOW YOU ARE HERE!" I timidly stepped out of the shadows that had failed to conceal me.
"I have come searching for the infamous Kotori!" I squeaked in fright.
The largest form stepped forwards even as it's booming voice filled the air, "I AM THE ONE YOU SEEK! WHAT A MIGHTY DEATH WISH YOU MUST HAVE TO COME SEEKING ME! I SHALL SQUASH YOU LIKE THE BUG YOU ARE." As Kotori stepped forward menacingly I started thinking quickly.
Yelling as loud as I could to be heard over the gigantic thuds of Kotori's feet I began to do something really stupid. "Kotori! Aren't you the infamous Battle Master I've heard of from all corners of Azeroth?!"
"I AM!"
"Is it also true that you host events in which you challenge players mettle against each other?"
"IT IS!"
"Then I challenge you to a round of Russian Roulette! If I should win you give me the cookies I've heard so much of!"
Thinking I could see a wheel turning in this giant's head, such intelligence I saw awakening there. "VERY WELL, BUT SHOULD I WIN I SHALL RENDER YOU A PINEAPPLE AND PLANT YOU IN STORMWIND FOR THE ALLIANCE TO KICK AS THEY WOULD A BALL!"
I gulped audibly before saying "You have a deal!"

<Hidden>

User

apparently some people didnt read the less then 150 words part

<Hidden>

User

There once was a man who lived in a pineapple. Spongebob? Nope. It's Sayaa! She was in love the cookies that only Kotori is eligible of making. They are so perfect in every way imaginable. Then there is Tinytoon, who is a vegetarian, but lives in a land so barren that nothing can live there. Poor Tinytoon... Someone should give him money. Or food. Both work.

hollow_sk

User

You need to be logged in to reply.