Forums
Forums >>> >>>
The War Is Over
The War Is Over

Development Team Leader

User

Wintergrasp is at peace today for the first time in over 2 weeks as the wounded are tended and the dead are buried. The war is over.

Both sides fought valiantly night and day to defend their faction's right to the [Unobtanium Ore], and it is the Alliance who have come out victorious... this time. Of the 120 battles fought, 96 were won by the Alliance and 24 by the Horde. Despite their spirit and determination, the Horde could not overcome the Alliance's numbers and strength.

For their efforts, 100 Horde have been sent a reward of 50 [Neverendless Doubloon]s. 193 Alliance will find in their mail 75 [Neverendless Doubloon]s. The most dedicated 10% also received an additional 175 [Neverendless Doubloon], and this reward went to 19 of our Allies.

What will you do, Alliance, with your spoils?

As Horde spies watch greedily from the shadows, the Alliance have begun to build...

The war is over. But in Azeroth, peace is short-lived and tension is a constant. Will swords stay long in their sheaths? The answer remains unknown.

<Hidden>

User

FOR THE ALLIANCE!!!

<Hidden>

User

well how conviniently writen "The top 10% of players on the winning team will receive an additional 175x [Neverendless Doubloon], for a total of 250."
that can be understand on 2 ways:
-10% of all population
-10% of 12% of all population
so yea gz for this misleading words
so expect lots of angry ppl
from nowhere is not exactly clear what it means so plz next time be more exact
anyway it was nice event mybe not when was ally overnummbered, but anyway keep good working forward

<Hidden>

User

At the end of the War, players on the winning team who participated in at least 12% of all battles will receive 75x [Neverendless Doubloon], players on the losing team will receive 50x [Neverendless Doubloon].
The top 10% of players on the winning team will receive an additional 175x [Neverendless Doubloon], for a total of 250.
A battle will only count towards the faction total if there are at least 5 players on each side.

what I wanna point out is that "top 10% of players on the winning team" part.
winning team is 1394 players, 10% of that is not 19. seriously, not funny people...

<Hidden>

User

For the Horde! For Ogrimmar!!

"193 Alliance will find in their mail 75 [Neverendless Doubloon]s"
This means that the cut off for Doubloon was 10 victory. There is 195 players with at least 10 victories. So two people (most likely Zeoz and Zanprist) didn't receive any rewards while having the same number of victories as others that did. I'm sure it is the same case for the Horde side too.

That should really be addressed.

Pussicat

User

At the end of the War, players on the winning team who participated in at least 12% of all battles will receive 75x [Neverendless Doubloon], players on the losing team will receive 50x [Neverendless Doubloon].
The top 10% of players on the winning team will receive an additional 175x [Neverendless Doubloon], for a total of 250.
A battle will only count towards the faction total if there are at least 5 players on each side.

what I wanna point out is that "top 10% of players on the winning team" part.
winning team is 1394 players, 10% of that is not 19. seriously, not funny people...

well how conviniently writen "The top 10% of players on the winning team will receive an additional 175x [Neverendless Doubloon], for a total of 250."
that can be understand on 2 ways:
-10% of all population
-10% of 12% of all population
so yea gz for this misleading words
so expect lots of angry ppl

^what they said

<Hidden>

User

Seriously, I would of focused on one character to maintain my top 20 instead of falling down and maintaining a top 140.

<Hidden>

User

Arg thanks for the misleading words! I came 20th on the alliance and didnt bother playing the last games today cause I read the top 10% get extra doubloons, which is over 100 players!!

<Hidden>

User

It's obvious that 140 ppl should have gotten those 175 extra Doubloons

<Hidden>

User

this is not fare ne you sade the top 10% of the players not battles >.<

<Hidden>

User

and i quote: The War has Begun!

[The top 10% of players on the winning team will receive an additional 175x [Neverendless Doubloon], for a total of 250.

May the best team win!

Creatine

User

/Agree with Alkestis.

<Hidden>

User

you see 10% of the players not battles >.<

<Hidden>

User

yaaa go irenfist you show them that's not fare :)

<Hidden>

User

13 comments.... not a single horde.... HA HA HA HA!! YEAH! u better stay quiet!

<Hidden>

User

valkyr

User

I am gonna destroy all of you...

<Hidden>

User

o_O you wish moo moo hehe

<Hidden>

User

Wow this is effin weak. I played in 15 matches and got a pair of rare boots? Seriously? Show me 15 events where our team wins and we get no reward, What a waste of time this was.

<Hidden>

User

An utter waste of time and effort. And a huge disappointment. This is not what was expected out of NE. I have nothing else to say. We supported an event with a full heart and now we get rewarded in the most disappointing way. >.<

Ysabel

Director, Operations

Calm down, everyone. First of all the item that was sent was due to a simple error in item ID--in other words, a missing number. This will be fixed soon and [Neverendless Doubloon]s will be sent to those who should receive them.

I am sorry for any confusion, but the 10% was taken from those who met the participation requirements. How can you take 10% from a number where the majority of that number didn't qualify as participating enough for the event? If we considered the top 10% of Alliance who played even one battle, then almost ALL of the Alliance who got participation rewards at all would ALSO get the "top 10%" reward. With all due respect to those who participated, that doesn't make sense.

<Hidden>

User

Ysa, this is showing to be a reminder that everything posted in an official note needs to be checked over from every angle possible, or people go crazy about it :D

if it is vague, you cannot tell what it means, and that leads to confusion.
10% of the winning faction means just that. 10% of the faction that played and won. so it left a wide window for the monkeys to throw things through .-.

next time, perhaps word it as such:

The top 10% of players on the winning team who meet the participation requirements will receive an additional 175x [Neverendless Doubloon], for a total of 250.

<Hidden>

User

U mean to say just 190 of them met the requirements? And the 10% was from them? That's not what was stated in the article. It only said the "the top 10% on the winning team" if I'm right. That was clearly misleading. I'm sure some of them would have found it mighty useful if it had been clearly stated.

Ysabel

Director, Operations

@ Kherae: Thank you for the suggestion, I'm sure we'll try to be more clear next time, however I maintain that any other calculation doesn't make any sense. xP

@ Dragonair: How is someone who didn't meet participation requirements to be considered a "member of the winning team"? Don't forget, everyone, YOU were in charge of your participation. ;)

With this I am closing the article to comments. There is no point in arguing the rewards further. My apologies to those who felt it unclear, but the decision stands.

<Hidden>

User

Yes. I agree with kherae totally on this.

Development Team Leader

User

I'd just like to add something here.

Yes, there was some ambiguity in the specification for the rewards, we try to avoid it, but sometimes it slips by.
We looked at what we'd written and saw it as what we'd intended to say, not considering that it could be construed differently.
You all looked at what we'd written and saw it as the way for you to get the most stuff for the least work.

As I said, we try to avoid any ambiguity, but since we didn't quite manage it this time I apologise.

That said, we planned the rewards so that they are fair, as Ysabel said there's little point in having one reward for the top 12% if most of those are going to end up being given the top 10% reward (if the top 10% were to apply to everyone, not just those who met the minimum reward requirements).
The correct rewards have now been sent out (apologies for that, it was merely a typo, and you can keep the boots :P) in accordance with the fair and balanced reward scheme described in the article. Enjoy.

You need to be logged in to reply.