Forums
Forums >>> >>>
Get out of jail free!
Get out of jail free!

Blackswann

Owner/Founder

We have not done an account pruning in a very long time. We have decided to do something a bit different. Neverendless-WoW will be offering a get out of jail free chance for all players that have been banned and still have accounts. We will not be unbanning those who were ban for donation issues. As of July 1st 2013 in celebration of our 5th year anniversary this program will begin. Every person that has a character to be unbanned will have to submit a Appeal ticket regardless of how recently you have submitted or were banned. It may take a day or two to review the appeals and then you will be free to play.

EDIT: Please see a clarification on Page 3 of this article's comments. Article now closed for further comment.

Blackswann

Owner/Founder

BTW I am first! Always wanted to do that...

Profesar

User

<Hidden>

User

I think a ban is a ban...!!
Depending on the seriousness of the breach of rules that caused the ban should determine the length of that ban and it should stick!!

If the offence warranted a ban for a length of time then they should serve that time.
If people got a lifetime ban because what they did merited a lifetime ban then it should be a lifetime ban and no "get out of jail free card" should be given.

Anyone who has been banned has the right to appeal and we need to believe that the process in place is a process that works.
If they are innocent then they will be found innocent by due process!!.
If they are guilty then they should hold their hands up and accept the punishment and the server should uphold that punishment to protect the real people who play honestly everyday and do not breach the rules and regulations!!

DONT DO THE CRIME IF YOU CANT DO THE TIME!!!

I believe there will be a minority of people who have had bans and left for another server that will come back to our server just to disrupt it with no real intention but to cause disharmony and mischief!!

Rather than offer them a get out of free option i would change the punishments of some of the breaches in rules and give them the opportunity to appeal!!
For example and only an example
A breach of rules that may have been a lifetime ban a year ago may be changed to a six month ban... the person who has the toon and still has that account has the right to appeal due to the change of rules!!

Those that punishments still warrant a lifetime ban should remain a lifetime ban and those serving a ban for a length of time should serve their time!!

<Hidden>

User

Aint nobody got time fo dat shadowfear...None gonna read that why so much letters ?

<Hidden>

User

BTW I am first! Always wanted to do that...

OMFG ALWAYS NEWB SAYS HE IS FIRST!

IM 9TH

<Hidden>

User

Lol wanted to do that too Bobbeh! Haha!

Jem

User

Just reminding everyone that in order to come back appeals must be done and not all will get their bans lifted - anyone with donation fraud or severe repeat offenders will not be unbanned. Also anyone unbanned will be subject, like anyone else, to the rules so if they break them they will be banned again. And if they were unbanned under this policy they are subject to have the ban time of the offense increased up to a being permanently banned again.

This is a second chance for people and we are hoping that the people that were banned have learned something in their time off and will return to Neverendless and not break the rules again.

Jem

User

I guess you missed the fact that not all people that are banned will be unbanned and those that do will be required to follow the rules like anyone else and if they get re-banned that it could become a perma-ban again.

So yes the people you talk of may come back but if they act up they will be gone again so it shouldn't be a big deal.

<Hidden>

User

QFT:

I think a ban is a ban...!!
Depending on the seriousness of the breach of rules that caused the ban should determine the length of that ban and it should stick!!

If the offence warranted a ban for a length of time then they should serve that time.
If people got a lifetime ban because what they did merited a lifetime ban then it should be a lifetime ban and no "get out of jail free card" should be given.

Anyone who has been banned has the right to appeal and we need to believe that the process in place is a process that works.
If they are innocent then they will be found innocent by due process!!.
If they are guilty then they should hold their hands up and accept the punishment and the server should uphold that punishment to protect the real people who play honestly everyday and do not breach the rules and regulations!!

DONT DO THE CRIME IF YOU CANT DO THE TIME!!!

I believe there will be a minority of people who have had bans and left for another server that will come back to our server just to disrupt it with no real intention but to cause disharmony and mischief!!

Rather than offer them a get out of free option i would change the punishments of some of the breaches in rules and give them the opportunity to appeal!!
For example and only an example
A breach of rules that may have been a lifetime ban a year ago may be changed to a six month ban... the person who has the toon and still has that account has the right to appeal due to the change of rules!!

Those that punishments still warrant a lifetime ban should remain a lifetime ban and those serving a ban for a length of time should serve their time!!

We play at the pleasure of the NE Staff. It is a privilege, not a right. I humbly opine that NE and its community are better off without the players who were permanently banned.

Most of these players who were, received second and third chances already. They were originally muted, given a a single day ban, then had it extended 7 days, before ultimately becoming permanent. The players spoken of during Ysabel's post on harassment come to mind. Considering their actions lead to a post on the NE Homepage, I would hope former members banned under those circumstances will remain permanently banned.

Giving players such as these another chance, won't change anything. They will return to their old ways, because they'll see that the permanent ban means nothing. It's just a roadblock. I personally have seen the lengths people will go to cause mischief. Ultimately it becomes a matter of filing tickets, and wasting staff resources to resolve a formally ended one. Perhaps some bans, such as those issued for criticizing broken quests, server population, donors, etc. are worth reviewing. Others however should not be given a 3rd or 4th chance to return to previous ways.

Only NE Staff know the criteria for reconsideration. It's in their sole discretion as to decide who may or may not return. The community as a whole will never know. I just can't see how this helps the server, or the players who live by the rules.

I hope NE will take into consideration that this isn't a "second chance". Perhaps revisit this decision internally and set a strict standard for readmission. I can only offer my humble opinion. It is a privilege to play here for all of us. One I personally remain grateful for. I understand that none of us have to "like this", as it's not my right to debate it.Some bans may not even be overturned as Jem stated. All I can say that myself, and many in my guild feel uneasy about this.

<Hidden>

User

Well said Arnold.....eh Ahnuld i meant

<Hidden>

User

Ah its very great......one monthe back i lose all and now they do this ...

Dont you wish you still had your fd lock eh ? lmao ,oh well .....be smarter next time and keep your toons

<Hidden>

User

Not that my opinion matters, but this is a good test to see how Ne will react to so many old players coming back at once. The concentration of ex hackers, stats abusers and gcd hackers will really show how well Ne can take care of them if and when, they continue to break the rules.

Good luck NE I'll happily pawn any one.

~Tacos

<Hidden>

User

I am not going against this get out of jail free pass nor am i for it. But Shadowfear has a valid point and when allowing banned players back into the server please keep this in mind Neverendless:

jaztwo

User

Those who's interest in the server was taking advantage over the rest by using hacks and stuffs won't come back because either or the hack they used doesn't work anymore or just went to another server to keep hacking. Also is already said that not everyone will get unbanned but well i don't know if people doesn't read or just don't get the point of this.

<Hidden>

User

I know a couple of people who were banned and are looking forward to coming back to NE. They have both said they will not be making the same mistakes they did before so i am for this. Everyone deserves a second chance.

Archmaiden

User

Holy Great! My eyes is a big and i cry (for the players who thing is not fair stop it everyone can have 1 big chance like this on 5th year of Neverendless) i know where minimum 5 active players who will back and will forget for the bug abuser like before !

<Hidden>

User

I know a couple of people who were banned and are looking forward to coming back to NE. They have both said they will not be making the same mistakes they did before so i am for this. Everyone deserves a second chance.

I agree with him. What if they never got a second chance and just got perma-banned right off? If one is to get unbanned, than everybody should. It would really bring the server back to life where the numbers have been dwindling lately. Thank you for the opportunity, Bobby. I am sure everyone appreciates it.

<Hidden>

User

Ah its very great......one monthe back i lose all and now they do this ...

Dont you wish you still had your fd lock eh ? lmao ,oh well .....be smarter next time and keep your toons

Lul.....i dont have fd lock and i have only one rogue so ....i say it about my rogue.....

<Hidden>

User

Kranith I don't know what the hell are you talking about. People already have second, and third, and fourth chances, they just keep being banned perma and then unbanned just because, the thing is it wasn't announced. Now it's the same, they just announce they're gonna do it.

<Hidden>

User

Enought! Just take the trust on NE when many hackers or abusers have chance to get back , many of them will forget for this thing like me,and will play and help on NE! NE can scam the abusers and hackers and they will get ban again nothing lose here.... only few players whit old pain that is great chance for them i belive that is fair.

<Hidden>

User

Why you all so negative? If they break rules again they get banned again forever one million years dungeon no trial!

simple as that :)

<Hidden>

User

I guess you missed the fact that not all people that are banned will be unbanned and those that do will be required to follow the rules like anyone else and if they get re-banned that it could become a perma-ban again.

So yes the people you talk of may come back but if they act up they will be gone again so it shouldn't be a big deal.

Jem, this does not matter. Bobby said in global a few days ago that EVERYBODY will get unbanned, save for the people that were banned over donation policies.

rudmor

User

<--------------- FAT OP OGRE!

<Hidden>

User

LEOPARD DOES NOT CHANGE HIS SPOTS !!

Thats like an amnesty day for high security prisoners ,but but but but they promised they will not rape murder and steal lol....hey we should give them a second chance ,everyone deserves a second chance even them lmao.

Horse**** !

These abusers will never ever ever learn and its a terrible mistake that NE will pay for in the future.

<Hidden>

User

PS.

Smous smells !!!!

Ysabel

Director, Operations

To clarify: we invite all banned players to submit new appeals for consideration as of July 1, regardless of previous appeal dates, ban length, or play status.

Every appeal will be fairly reviewed taking into consideration the history of the account, whether we feel the player shows concern for returning while respecting the server's rules, and the severity of the offense(s) committed that led to the infractions placed on the account.

Every unbanned player must accept that he or she is henceforth under what Neverendless Management considers to be a period of "probation" during which any further offense against our rules, no matter how minor or slight can result in an immediate reinstatement of a permanent ban.

We do not wish our Community to fear that players who will disrupt the in-game atmosphere will be allowed to persist. We will offer this chance for appeal, but we will not allow the Community to be negatively affected by anyone's return.

That being said, in regards to many of the removed comments on this article, anyone suspected of violating the rules purely because he/she feels he/she will have the opportunity to be unbanned on mercy will serve the full duration of any ban implemented in response to his/her actions.

Thank you for your understanding, Neverendless. This article is now closed for further comment.

FrankJScott

Banned

Please try Google before asking about Top Product Site e84361b

FrankJScott

Banned

FrankJScott

Banned

Please try Google before asking about Updated Product Tips 162f6ee

You need to be logged in to reply.