Forums
Forums >>> >>>
New Authenticator Options
New Authenticator Options

Development Team Leader

User

So for a long time we've only supported Android and J2ME authenticator apps, mainly because we've been struggling to find someone to make the apps for iOS and so on for us.

I've recently added support for the Google Authenticator app to both the site and game. What this mean's is that you can use Google's authenticator app on any of your Neverendless accounts, from your iPhone, iPad, iToilet, or Windows Phone. You can also use it on android, in case you're already using it for your google or dropbox account and want to keep everyhting in one app.

The Google authenticator involves a different set-up mechanism, the authenticator page will give you a QR code to scan on the phone (where supported) or failing that it provides a code for you to type in manually, once that's done just punch in one of the 6 digit codes it generates and you're all set up.

So what are you waiting for? Go get started, see the Authenticator page of the account management section of the site for more information.

Google Authenticator
602x922px 152KiB

For those of you not familiar with authenticators, they are special apps or keyring devices (we don't provide or support keyring devices) that generate a different 6-8 digit number every 30 seconds. With an authenticator attached to your account you will be asked for one of these codes every time you log in either on the website or the actual game. Since nobody else can know the codes generated by the authenticator, they can't steal your account even if they get hold of both the username and password. Even getting hold of previous authenticator codes won't help them log in or predict the future codes, so your account stays in your hands.

We recommend that if you can, use an authenticator on your account(s) - they're a very minor inconvenience but have an enormous security benefit.

The Neverendless authenticators will remain available, and will remain attached to your account if you are using one already, so don't panic :-)

<Hidden>

User

Meteorax

User

Thanks Development Team! :)

Materian

User

Wow, Development Team...you never cease to amaze me

<Hidden>

User

Steward you are a awesome man. Seriously ur awesome!

Kranith

User

Is it only me or "old" Ne autenticator got some problems with the release of the new one? Can't log into my druid account Q_Q

Development Team Leader

User

Is it only me or "old" Ne autenticator got some problems with the release of the new one? Can't log into my druid account Q_Q

It's just you.

Kranith

User

Lol like always ....
Btw no problem i fixed it, was a Sync problem coming from server moving prolly :)

You need to be logged in to reply.