Forums
Forums >>> >>>
Talents, Professions, and Skills
Talents, Professions, and Skills

Daygone

User

hey comes my 2 cents...

again BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP

i was on a TBC server that everyday at a certains time the realm would go down for a backup.. and obviously the integrity of the backups... so whoever is incharge of that... lol l2do ur job.. u are more then welcome to contact me directly as i do this for a living... have a super day

PS. talent resets suck but gives ppl the oppurtunity to play with sepcs as most things are working on the server.. just a thought.. some silver lining..

There was a position opened mate. If u're complaining why didn't u apply to make sure they "do their job" ?

<Hidden>

User

I agree that for the most part, The NE staff does a decent job running a WoW server. I couldn't do it, and wouldn't want to. So I thank them for the parts they get right.

On the other hand, all of you saying we shouldn't complain when something really major goes horribly wrong because after all, we're getting it for free...need to stop trying to appear cool and consider other people's perspectives. If someone offered you a free house, and then your entire family were killed when it collapsed on them; that's really major gone horribly wrong. There's a reason to be upset. This is just a game, so it's not that big of a deal, right? But if someone offered you a free sandwich, and you spent the night going down on the toilet after eating it...you'd still be pretty bent out of shape.

I'm not bashing the staff, hopefully they learn from this screw up and don't make the same mistake twice. But for all those of you who keep telling everyone to quit crying and complaining. Please shut up. People who have lost stuff, regardless of how important it does or does not seem to YOU, have a reason to be upset. Let them be upset. It's no skin off your nose. Be sympathetic.

Merry Christmas
Happy Chanukah
Jolly Kwanzaa
whatever... I have to go get my sh*t back.

Daygone

User

I agree that for the most part, The NE staff does a decent job running a WoW server. I couldn't do it, and wouldn't want to. So I thank them for the parts they get right.

On the other hand, all of you saying we shouldn't complain when something really major goes horribly wrong because after all, we're getting it for free...need to stop trying to appear cool and consider other people's perspectives. If someone offered you a free house, and then your entire family were killed when it collapsed on them; that's really major gone horribly wrong. There's a reason to be upset. This is just a game, so it's not that big of a deal, right? But if someone offered you a free sandwich, and you spent the night going down on the toilet after eating it...you'd still be pretty bent out of shape.

I'm not bashing the staff, hopefully they learn from this screw up and don't make the same mistake twice. But for all those of you who keep telling everyone to quit crying and complaining. Please shut up. People who have lost stuff, regardless of how important it does or does not seem to YOU, have a reason to be upset. Let them be upset. It's no skin off your nose. Be sympathetic.

Merry Christmas
Happy Chanukah
Jolly Kwanzaa
whatever... I have to go get my sh*t back.

Ewe have a point but i think you're horribly off-topic. The things are similar in they way ewe said it when you're soooo far off it. Consider paying the monthly bills for a game which are so high up u can feed an entire chinese family before ewe go pointing fingers. Find a better server if you're so fed up with this one. You fail - you learn. Simple as that.

Ysabel

Director, Operations

I wouldn't want anyone to have the perception that we are "cool" about what happened, if what you mean is that we don't care. Blackswann and I, along with Developers and other staff spent hours overnight working to resolve the issue to the best of our ability, and the GameMasters and other staff are all working hard to give back the things that we can give back to you.

Please also remember that most of us do play here as well, and the staff are just as affected by these incidents as the players are. We truly DO know the impact it has.

Words can't perhaps accurately express how sincere I am when I say that we are of course very sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please take it on good faith that we DO indeed care, which is why we spend as much effort as needed fixing problems when they occur.

To those who say you have the right to complain and vent, that is of course correct, although we prefer and require that you stay respectful in your comments. I am here saying what I am saying to reassure you that there is no need for a state of panic.

<Hidden>

User

I didn't say I was fed up with anything. I like the server and think the staff do a good job with what they have to work with. I think you misunderstood my point all the way 'round. I'm not off-topic at all. I understand why those who are upset are upset. That's all I'm saying. What are YOU talking about?

MrBean

User

I wouldn't want anyone to have the perception that we are "cool" about what happened, if what you mean is that we don't care. Blackswann and I, along with Developers and other staff spent hours overnight working to resolve the issue to the best of our ability, and the GameMasters and other staff are all working hard to give back the things that we can give back to you.

Please also remember that most of us do play here as well, and the staff are just as affected by these incidents as the players are. We truly DO know the impact it has.

Words can't perhaps accurately express how sincere I am when I say that we are of course very sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please take it on good faith that we DO indeed care, which is why we spend as much effort as needed fixing problems when they occur.

To those who say you have the right to complain and vent, that is of course correct, although we prefer and require that you stay respectful in your comments. I am here saying what I am saying to reassure you that there is no need for a state of panic.

Well said.

<Hidden>

User

I agree completely. And I think most of those upset about the losses are handling it okay. This was not directed at the staff Ysabel, this was directed at those players who feel it necessary to call people cry babies, and throw insults like they too were not a bit put out by the incident.

I'm upset because it'll take me an entire day to sit around waiting on tickets, relevel weapon skills, and respec ten high level toons. I think that is not unreasonable. Am I crying about it? No. Am I in Trade chat having fits? No. Am I here bashing staff and the server? No. I understand that sh*t happens and am doing what needs to be done on my end to recover everything. I do not, however, feel that someone telling me to "quit crying you big baby, it's free" is justified.

If players are not upset by the inconvenience and loss, fine. Good for them. But they need to understand that some players lost stuff that is NOT recoverable and they have every right to be upset about it.

Understand?

goliath

User

I do not want to tell GM what to do, they do a great job for us to play for free and at a good level compared to other servers. and for that I thank them. but we must also understand that losing an object, perhaps it is a very rare that makes us sad enough. then reading your advice on how to re assign the talents I thought. would not be possible that even the gm check the gear on the armory? so if anyone has really lost something in the roll back. they are able to reallocate smoothly. and without the risk that someone will take the opportunity to obtain parts of gear for free. that's just my idea but I thought that was a long and I took the opportunity to expose it

<Hidden>

User

Graye, I got your point and understood what you were trying to say. Nevermind Zeffol he just wanna be that "cool guy who stands up for the server" :-/ .

<Hidden>

User

.....i guess the point here is, unexpected or not, people will get pissed off. no use mumbling about things. bottom line, staff should step it up a bit in helping recover lost things - after all the existence of this server depends on the morale of the community, and players should allow some understanding for the shortcomings of the staff. after all, most of us play here for free. lets just all get back to business and do what we can. shit happens, life goes on and azeroth waits for noone

<Hidden>

User

.....i guess the point here is, unexpected or not, people will get pissed off. no use mumbling about things. bottom line, staff should step it up a bit in helping recover lost things - after all the existence of this server depends on the morale of the community, and players should allow some understanding for the shortcomings of the staff. after all, most of us play here for free. lets just all get back to business and do what we can. shit happens, life goes on and azeroth waits for noone

Lol, well spoken. Now...are the training dummies working for anyone? Because they're not working for me. Is there a trick to it that I'm missing?

<Hidden>

User

Never mind. I relogged and miraculously...they started working. Gotta love it.

Peace.

<Hidden>

User

Lets get Deloquint Sehpiroth again :)

Borealis

User

Why is it everyone is always looking for a free handout when there are small errors such as this?
The staff makes this server free to all of us...that should be the only handout you need. You know good and well coming into a non-retail version of ANY game that there is bound to be some hiccups along the way. Deal with it, and stop complaining. I could see complaining being justified if you lost items you spent real cash on...but not because you got your talents reset lol.

<Hidden>

User

I'm using the google translator

I ise the day Monday, I tokem recustom and buy the recipes of all jewelry, and the restart erased the recipes help me not want to lose the $ 10 cost the tokem me, I demand an answer and return the tokem me. ...!!

<Hidden>

User

will you guys stop complaining... sheesh... i lost this i lost that ... i lost my pacifier boo hoo hoo.. the NE staff are working their assess off for you guys and still you complain.. give them time this is the season to be jolly .. stop complaining and start having fun all over again..

<Hidden>

User

hmmm not that happens, you can not do anything right? Donors have so many, why not get the best people?, capable leadership, adequate, efficient, effective and trained? does not interfere with the development of the game?. We only see that every time there are more donors, there are greater benefits for them and more advantages, but for people who do not donate is more difficult, ICC is no longer available if there is no achievement, the sands are empty, the events are won by the same people (including Donors) I think if there Donors should not be so different from end-game items. I'm on this server over 2 years on this server and each is more difficult Nose happens, I see Donors, Donors and Donors, which means you better not you think?, People online every time there is decreasing less people connected, I do not want to leave the server I have many friends besides that I think can be improved, people are looking for a stable server without many drawbacks, I hope not delete my comment and take it into account.

<Hidden>

User

and i lost my patiace is complaining all you can do

BoSNiaN

User

Thanks for the heads up guys. Took me only 5min or so to go back and do some stuff (but then again I am low level and didn't play much on the 20th :D).

I think 24 hour backups are plenty...I would suggest disclosing more technical info when someone goes wrong/corrupts as many of us have worked with EMU's/MySQL in the past :)

Anyway, server was as stable and lag free as it always has been, good work NE staff!

<Hidden>

User

I totally understand the loss of talents and everything but why did all the talents on the armory reset? Thats making a LOT of extra effort for us.

<Hidden>

User

Well,it's ok i lost my Mammoth but i am trying support ticket,Usually i can't get back the items....>.<

Simpe

User

I am glad that the talents were reseted, i could remake em to alot better :)For all those whos mad coz of it..Deal with it Shit happends

<Hidden>

User

BoSNiaN

User

I am glad that the talents were reseted, i could remake em to alot better :)For all those whos mad coz of it..Deal with it Shit happends

Exactly haha, the reset talents are actually a bonus...

<Hidden>

User

I'd like to personally thank Stinger and Zilocke for their hard work yesterday. I went through ten characters, one right after the other posting a ticket each to restore lost profession skills and got Zilocke 4 times and Stinger 6. They were friendly and helpful and patient despite the volume of tickets they must have been handling. You guys are epic, Merry Christmas at ya!

I also want to thank Ysabel for keeping us informed after the incident and for all the crap she's probably had to listen to in the past 48 hours.

Speaking of which...I went through this thread from comment one, to the last.

# of posts complaining about reset: 12
# of posts complaining about people complaining: 17
Doing the math yourself: Priceless

<Hidden>

User

I'd like to personally thank Stinger and Zilocke for their hard work yesterday. I went through ten characters, one right after the other posting a ticket each to restore lost profession skills and got Zilocke 4 times and Stinger 6. They were friendly and helpful and patient despite the volume of tickets they must have been handling. You guys are epic, Merry Christmas at ya!

I also want to thank Ysabel for keeping us informed after the incident and for all the crap she's probably had to listen to in the past 48 hours.

No problem we are here to help you and all other players whenever it is needed. Have a Merry Christmas.

<Hidden>

User

I am actually happy that the rogue t10 works now :D AMG!! about time

galaton

User

think´s happen on pserver nothing to do about it and yes the donors and the donors are taking over this server i remember when i start here for 3 years ago,when this server only have like 10-20 donors that was fun but know neverendless are being a server for the donors witt ther lv82 cata stats on ther gear :((( no chance for pll witt normal ingame gear to have fun in bg´s /arena it allways the same 15 donors and 5 normal ingame gear pll in evry bg not fun for the pll who want to play the real way to bad to see pll are leaving the server bez of to many donor´s/opgear maby if you guys from NE was thinking about that and do smt about it then im sure that alot of pll will come back but ok up to you guys from NE

<Hidden>

User

Funny enough most people left soon after the core upgrade. not really because of the donors. I see lots of people in game complaining about this new core and would seriously prefer going back to the older one.

Oh, and my previous statement about the rogue t10 working...yeeeeaaahh...its broken again. didnt expect that to last.

Longobard

User

You don't need to be so arrogant and acting like the king of the universe. The server could be good, but you are incompetents, deal with it.. I last logged in with my warr more than a half year ago, then logged in and there were the same bugs, nothing changed... Dc, lag, bunch of bugs, nothing changed, this was about 1-2 months ago. And I think, by now, a huge percent of the players are custom donors, which fking kill the gameplay... you really think that new players gonna stay on the server when they make a character and meet 9k gs fking custom donor ret palas and rogues who camp their asses until morning? The admins of this server suck very hard, I loved my chars here, but custom donors and talent bugs killed the game, and hundreds or thousands people escaped from here for the same reason... this server has been dieing for a year or more now and you actually shit on players.. Molten rules, no custom items, they deal with the bugs and server stability, if there is a bug and you report it they fix it within few days or weeks, you do nothing here... I logged in here now just to delete my account but I don't know how to do it, so I leave it... but really, if you just want money, go find a real job where you actually do something useful, coz you are not able to provide a stable server where people enjoy the gameplay, you are incompetents.... bye

Yet again staff is incompetent to do maintenance, thus making a rollback and forcing players to redo talents and spells all over again and give players only we are sorry for this. Please don't do maintenance if you don't know how to do it. Every maintenance you guys do something happens. It is beginning to be lame.

Thats my 2 sents
Regards Astralni

Maintenance periods like this are BECAUSE a problem happens, it doesn't cause the problem - something goes wrong so we take the server down to stop things from getting any worse while we try to deal with the problem.

Also - quit complaining about having to re-do your talents, it's not like you actually lost anything beyond the 2 minutes of your life it takes you to put them back in.

You need to be logged in to reply.