Forums
Forums >>> >>>
Recent Bans for Donor Fraud
Recent Bans for Donor Fraud

Blackswann

Owner/Founder

Recently we have seen a huge issue with donations and bans for fraudulent donations. This is due to a player whose RL name is Oscar Fonseca Salicetti of Costa Rica . Oscar apparently donates for players who give him cash or send him money. Then he logs into your account and donates and you get your item.

Sounds great right? Well what Oscar doesn’t tell you is that the credit card he uses is either his parents or his and he charges back the donation.

When we get a chargeback we instantly ban the account the donation was made on. So here we have the problem: Oscar has your money, you are banned for life. No ban appeal will be approved because the actions associated to the account are yours as the account owner.

So what can you do in this case? Well you could find Oscar and get your money back. You could also pay the cost of the donation plus the service fee NE is charged for the chargeback. That may not be very tasteful but these are the only two options. No crying or QQing in pms is going to help. The real bottom line here is that you the account owner and only the account owner is 100% responsible for the actions of that account.

Quick update... Oscar decided to join our facebook group and send me a private message today. He had some nasty things to say and called me a liar. Then a buddy of his (allegedly) posted in the group that his good friend Oscar would never do such a thing. That an EVIL Bank had done it because his family sued the bank. Now Oscar, called me a liar and his buddy says it is a bank error... Hmmm... I decided to go get a list of all accounts and ips Oscar had ever used. I found 4 accounts that for some reason didnt get charged back. Made me think that these were probably his own accounts since they played as recently as today. So I decided to ban them all as well.

<Hidden>

User

Nice Job NE!
Ban hacker!!

<Hidden>

User

Really nice job that your doing guys!!

THEY DESERVE TO BE PUNISHED!!!!!

<Hidden>

User

i agree with you evilfart

<Hidden>

User

This is just more proof that any and all account and character trading, sharing or exchange needs to be made a bannable offense. Will it stop it all together, ofcourse not, but any time someone makes a PM claiming they got scammed they should earn themselves an IP ban for it.

I've been playing WoW, both retail and NE, for over half a decade. I've never once had my account compromised because I don't share or trade accounts and I keep my computer free of malicious programs. Anyone who ever tries to claim that they got "hacked" or "scammed" is just dumb and deserves to never play again.

Blackswann

Owner/Founder

This is just more proof that any and all account and character trading, sharing or exchange needs to be made a bannable offense. Will it stop it all together, ofcourse not, but any time someone makes a PM claiming they got scammed they should earn themselves an IP ban for it.

I've been playing WoW, both retail and NE, for over half a decade. I've never once had my account compromised because I don't share or trade accounts and I keep my computer free of malicious programs. Anyone who ever tries to claim that they got "hacked" or "scammed" is just dumb and deserves to never play again.

We offer an authenticator just as blizz does as well... I just will never understand why people wont secure the account if they want to keep it safe.
B

Jeanuel

User

People are just retarded (sorry for the choice of words) but sometimes u just read what people complain or say they got hacked and u ask them have u done anything with your account recently? and they are liek yea my friend asked for it so he can play and then magically the friends brother delete everything and alll of the sudden its "hacked".....everytime i see thos pm on the global messge about trading my account they should be banned

Bode

User

I gotta agree with Jeanuel, it's your account if you decide to go on giving your password to a friend or to a user you do it at your OWN risk.

tebag101

User

Thank you for punishing them hackers... :)

<Hidden>

User

Wow sounds like those ban should throttle his behind.

<Hidden>

User

Lol...all the people who fall for the scams...fail hard.

I get people asking me "can I use your account" bla bla bla. answer? No.
repeats -> ignore list. usually they're not so stupid as to try twice.
my ignore list is reserved for this, and for beggars, for exactly this reason...

Its one thing if its someone close that you know in RL, guys, but if its a complete stranger NEVER trust them.
I cannot stress this enough!
I bought my brother his custom axes as a gift, so that's me, but this kind of stuff...makes me shudder.

And again, let it be made clear:
It is YOUR account, YOUR responsibility. YES you CAN and WILL get worse bans for avoiding any resulting bans from this.
Why? Because it is YOUR account and responsibility, and ONLY YOURS.
Yeah, it hurts, but it is your full responsibility to deal with here...best way not to get in trouble is not to make the mistake of trusting them.
[/i]
Play safe, Neverendless, and have some good fun.
-Kherae

<Hidden>

User

My question is to how this guy markets himself... I mean he donates for players and they send him money?

<Hidden>

User

How do we get this authenticator?

Proletar13

User

Blablabla people are too poor to do their own donations blablabla.Some people must be anctious to start stacking shield block value,or spell power as ret,or arp as rogue.They just wanna 1 shot people,that's all.Then they decide to make somebody donate for them..after which they get their items and the paying person gets his own rewards.And ofcourse it gets too much if you donate for 5 people and somebody's just gonna have to pay for basicly lying to the server.70% of donors are like this,only a few fds and normal donors actually payed for their own gear.

<Hidden>

User

I feel for those people who lost their accounts some people just don't have the means to donate and have the cash and want so badly to play in the game with custom gear like all of us do and go trust these scammers as their only resort.

<Hidden>

User

robbi, you're thinking wrong...lol. they ARE paying, but through an untrusted and insecure third party, as they dont have the means to do so themselves. must be they mail it to him I would think
and yeah, I can understand why myself: there are age restrictions on making bank accounts and getting credit cards. 18 years old and you are good, under that...you need a parent around.

as for that 70%, your numbers are wrong there. a majority of donors payed for their own gear, as hard as it may be for you to believe. problem is you dont have actual statistics to work from.
I'm one of the ones who payed 240 dollars for my gear, and now that my gear is adjusted for pvp...I'm enjoying it wholly. i'm an arcane mage and proud of it >:D EAT MY MISSILES!

<Hidden>

User

We offer an authenticator just as blizz does as well... I just will never understand why people wont secure the account if they want to keep it safe.
B

There's that too, I have one for retail but not for here since I have an iPhone and not a Droid. But by doing everything else to protect my computer and account I've never had any issues. I think it's good to point out and name hackers and scammers, it lets people know that something is being done.

In other games, like TF2 and other Valve titles, when someone get's kicked/banned it's announced in chat. If there is some way that can be done here, even if it's just a manually announcement by the IS or Admin, it would be awesome. I see people complain in game all the time that the server does nothing to stop hackers because they don't get to see how many people are getting banned each day.

Monkey Boy

User

I'm an idiot. I didn't know 'chargeback' meant 'refund'. Fail. I'm guessing people are sending him money because they don't have credit cards? Crazy world we live in.

Blackswann

Owner/Founder

<Hidden>

User

i mean i understand and all.. but u gotta think of atleast 2 things.. keep in mind I AM NOT DEFENDING WHAT THIS GUY DID... BUT if you dont have a credit card... and ur gettin ganked by ( NOT DONOR BASHING) donors who kill u on a dailey.. u get mad and have 1 of 2 options.. quit the server.. or donate by any means... donations should be for the people who love the server not people who want gear. ( My opinion) ALSO its sorta understandable for the people that paid that guy... its dumb i would have never done it.. but its understandable.... thats all... dont call them retards like that other guy did.. there just new to the being hacked thing.... we all been there if u havent its gonna happen...just see

<Hidden>

User

wow some people are creative when it comes to abusing the system and frauding i thank u for sahring this but i do recommand u dont give vivid details so other people dont attempt similar actions.

Jem

User

For more information about the Authenticator please read the Authenticator FAQs Article or you can go directly to the Neverendless Authenticator page where we have links to other versions then the droid phone.

doktorawesome

User

unfortunately some people live in countries where they are unable, perhaps due to law, to donate for themselves. Too bad this chump is taking advantage of these poor folk. May the curse of 1000 maggots fall in the mouth of this scoundrel.

<Hidden>

User

<Hidden>

User

This is not right! How the hell does he take money then donate? why doesnt the person directly donate?? (Sorry for my language) :)
Neverendless-WoW Rocks :D

marth51091

User

oh my this is crazy. I dont quiet understand it but it sounds crazy and Blackswann isnt to happy lol

<Hidden>

User

Think of this objectively, would you give some random stranger you met on the internet your money? Seriously think about that for a second, giving your money to someone you do not know with the promise that they will do something for you. On what planet is that EVER a good idea? (trick question, it's not)

It's no different then paying the fees to collect your inheritance from the Nigerian price that randomly sends you e-mails claiming you have millions of dollars coming to you. Or the guy in Russia who asks you to cash his $50,000 check for him because he does not have a US bank account, all you have to do is send him your account info and he'll give you part of them money.

If anyone falls for something like that they deserve everything that happens to them, including any bans. No amount of security or authenticators can protect people from themselves. Someone who chooses to give they account info to anyone else for any reason has no one to blame but themselves.

<Hidden>

User

Never ! NEVER! try to trade or buy an acc 90 % are scams -.-''

Lozaiah

User

I used to work for a Bank, in the Credit Card department as well. And one thing I learned is that "playing" with Credit Cards isn't like playing with fire.. it's a Wildfire!

I'm not gonna call people names, because it's understandable what they did and why. Just don't complain, you got into this mess by allowing yourself to get swindled. That goes for account trading, sharing, and all that other stuff.

In fact, even playing on someone else's computer, especially on cybercafe/net shops is a massive risk. You have no idea what's on that computer that could turn the tables on you.

Anyway, if you don't have a Credit Card then you can go for a Debit Card. In fact, I have a Visa Electron card myself. It isn't a Credit Card, but performs exactly like one. I'm sure there are banks in your area that have pretty good offers on Debit Cards and such.

Finally.. Excellent Job NE! You guys are the only server I know that cares enough to do this sort of things for our own protection! ^^ Keep it up!

churanseth

User

My god...............NE u rock these guyz need to be punished............Anyways keep it up...............

You need to be logged in to reply.