Forums
Forums >>> >>>
Vote Points
Vote Points

Development Team Leader

User

Since Crescendo is away this weekend, I'll be posting this even though it's usually his job to talk to you about voting. Please read the entire thing, instead of just looking for the part you care about right this second then proceeding to complain in the comments or elsewhere. This FAQ has also been postd to the knowledge base for future reference.

A lot of people still don't apparently understand how the vote point calculations work, or why you might be getting more or less points each week. In this post, I hope to address some of the common questions and complaints, instruct you all on how to vote properly, and ultimately help you to get more vote points

Why was the vote system changed?

• First off, in the old vote system there was no 'connection' between the players getting their rewards, and the server gettin it's votes. Once you clicked on the vote button, they had no incentive to continue on and actually vote, nor did they have any incentive to encourage other people to vote with them (properly or improperly).
  • Second, in the old vote system it was possible for players to create botting software that would vote automatically, claiming points with no hope of actually voting for the server. This was the reason the second CAPTCHA was added to the voting process in the new system.

The new vote system fixes both of these problems, your rewards are now directly connected to the server's votes - in order for you to be happy by get lots of vote points, you need to make the server happy by getting lots of votes. The additional CAPTCHA ensures that it's a human being trying to vote, who is actually capable of filling out the second CAPTCHA on the vote site.

How are the vote points calculated in the new vote system?

Every week you all vote for the server, these votes get recorded and are displayed on the counters on the vote page, under each vote site. At the end of every week on the 7th, 14th, etc. the current number of votes and the server's rank are pulled from each of the vote sites, run through a forumla designed by Crescendo to calculate a number of points to award for each site, then finally you get awarded points based on the calculated number of points along with the number of times you personally voted relative to the number of times it was possible to vote in the award period.

(Simply, each site gets handled seperately, and we take the rank/votes, use it to calculate the maximum number of points to award for that site this week to someone who voted the 'perfect' number of times, and give all of you a fraction of that maximum number based on how many times you voted for that site.)

Why are you getting less points now, than in the old vote system?

The 'value' of 1 vote point has changed, each vote point is now much more valuable than it used to be. 1 Vote doesn't equate to 1 vote point, and as a result, items are much much cheaper in the new vote shop.

32 Vote points used to buy you a Green item, maybe a low-end blue, now it buys you Relendless Gladiator's Gear and other top-end epics. In other words, you can do more with less points now.
This is also part of the reason that the points were reset at the beginning of April - people who had saved up say 200 vote points would be able to buy most of the Relentless Gear in the shop.

So how can you get more vote points?

Vote more. Get your friends to vote, or vote more. Help other people understand WHY they need to vote, and vote properly, and HOW to vote properly. It's in YOUR best interest to make sure that the server is getting as many votes as possible so that you can get as many points as possible.

Why does it take longer to fill out the CAPTCHAs now than before?

It doesn't. We used to have 6 sites, 1 CAPTCHA each = 6 CAPTCHAs. We now have 3 sites, 2 CAPTCHAs each = 6 CAPTCHAs. It should take the same time to vote properly for all the vote sites.

How do you vote properly?

Step 1. Go to https://www.neverendless-wow.com/vote/
Step 2. Click on one of the vote sites which is not 'On Cooldown'. If all vote sites are on cooldown, you're done for now, come back when one of the cooldowns expires.
Step 3. Fill out the CAPTCHA here on the Neverendless Website, ensure it is correct.
Step 4. Fill out the CAPTCHA on the vote site, ensure it is correct.
Step 5. Go to Step 2.

I hope this post has been helpful and informative, please keep this in mind when you see somebody complaining about not getting enough vote points, and help educate the rest of the players.

<Hidden>

User

yea but still it lacks of instant compensation which is important for keeping people voting... and still u get so few vote points... lets say with old system u get 1 epic per week, now u get 1 epic each 2-3 weeks.... still watching those flaws

Development Team Leader

User

@Zengar: Under the old vote system, a PERFECT week's voting gave under 80 points. Sounds to me like it would've taken at least 2 weeks to get a 100 point epic.

<Hidden>

User

lack of instant compensation and pathetically low vote points number after voting properly 2 times every day are the worst flaws of this system and most people dont want to bother voting cause it takes ages to get gear now. I know new system dosent work like this now but to compare Its like 1 vote point per 3-4 votes with all its randomness

But what caught my attention is fact that i saw a problem with
Xtreme Top 100 and Game Sites 200 second captcha:

no matter what i type in the captcha bar, it still acts like it aproves my vote
i can just type down a single leter and still works

and i tested it
recieved same approximate amount of vote points both with typing capthca correctly and typing only single letter into captcha

grimlockthegreat

User

Ageed.

Last epic I got was 2 week ago... I vote as often as I can (normally 7 times per server)... but I'm note even getting 21 points (sumo f these).

So neverendless, I DO understan your system and your reasons. BUT I can''t make other people vote, I can't vote more oftern, and I just hate it when I'm left with 30-31 points and I have to wait for awhole week to get ani item that's only a vote away!

Please think on some system that may discount 1-3 votes from the next period so that we can get our items faster.

Also, instead of making this linear through the server... I believe individual voting should be rewarded aswell. After all... we are being constant and punish/rewarded according to everyone else... do you guys think this is fair/motivating?

cecco86

User

of course I understood your reason, but how can we make other people vote? if others doesn't want to vote we cant do anything

marcosumayaotoo

User

I understand the necessity for the new vote system, and I do understand (partially) how it works, but it does not work on the players' psychology.

This is how it works in an ideal world:
1. Some people vote every day, some don't.
2. We get our vote points, but realize we can earn even more if our ranking goes up.
3. Because of this, we go online and tell people to vote.
4. They listen, they vote, and our ranking goes up.
5. Everyone profits.

This is how it works in the real world:
1. Some people vote every day, some don't.
2. We get our vote points, but realize we can earn even more if our ranking goes up.
3. Because of this, we go online and tell people to vote.
4. Those who don't feel like voting still won't, because they either don't care about the server or care about vote shop items.
5. As a result, our ranking isn't as high as it's supposed to be, reducing the number of vote points earned per person.
6. Those who vote regularly are essentially "punished" with less vote points for their efforts because others don't vote.
7. Regular voters become discouraged and vote less regularly, making it even harder to earn points.

Simply put, the system hinges on the idea that the community will act as one, when in fact there will always be a significant portion of individuals who just aren't involved, and never will be. Maybe making Crescendo's algorithm a little more forgiving, or increasing incentives for regular voters will help?

sweetest360ever

User

@ Development Team.....epics started out at 60 vp in old shop and even if under 80 for old week thats still just over a week with getting your VP every day....

glox19

User

I still don't understand it why can't it just be one vote = one point and you can spend them instantly no other server needs some weird calculation metods and who likes to wait a week for those points. This week I rly was supprised when i got 11 points for 19 wotes rly demoralizing.

<Hidden>

User

Thanks Development Team but still does not explain why one of my a/c's got 18 vp's for 30 votes last week and my other a/c got 13 vp's for the same 30 votes...still think the allocation system needs to be tweeked.

Fyi, my first vote of the week hasnt registered on Arena Top 100 on both a/c's but the timer has still kicked in on both a/c's....not seen this before.

This week was a good one for me as I was able to vote twice a day each day, but my work schedule means that this is not always going to be possible.

I know from what has been said in the past, that a lot of thought has gone into this new system and how it can best benefit the community. This is very much appreciated, but it doesn't matter how many times I encourage others to vote, if people dont want to, then they won't vote and constant in-game nagging/reminders can easily have the opposite to the required effect (I think the normal GM/System messages are sufficient).

IF this issue is ever re-visited, then my vote would still go to a system that is directly related to the number of votes made on an individual account. Then if I can't vote for whatever reason, then I know it is down to me and my motivation is not dependant on others.

Thanks & keep up the good work....looking forward to a tweek or two :)

<Hidden>

User

it is like i have voted even on the night at sleeping time(before sleep) and i still got too less VP this time than the last week .
and how u guys know that our friends are the 1 , voting?and how will it give us more points?

and i have done as the steps written above all the time ....

<Hidden>

User

I did follow all the rules and wys to vote.i voted mre then 28 votes to gether and i was only reworded 13 vote points.i gave my support so i exspect that i get my points.

miky2008

User

I agree with all of these guys. Vote points not being awarded right away is a real pain in the rear end. It took me roughly 3 weeks to get a piece of relentless glad. Also, the whole counting amount of points by checking the ranking of this server on sites isn't the best idea. The people who don't vote properly are ruining it for the rest of the people, not cool. Hopefully you guys will refine this system and keep most people happy.

<Hidden>

User

I still dont really get it why we all got less vote points?i hope u guys understand how demotivating factor this could be.

<Hidden>

User

Why even after all the explaining I still feel discouraged and dissapointed?

<Hidden>

User

If you don't understand why we're getting less votepoints, then you need to get your eyes checked, or go back up and READ the post.

<Hidden>

User

My bad i dint read the value of 1vp isnt equal to 1 point like it use to be...humm.sad.

<Hidden>

User

I agree 100% with Davidwatts above!!

....ok, it's my alt account :)

Hellfrozen

User

I think this would be interesting: When we vote,give the vp's immediately,and if we don't fill out both of the captcha's,then don't give us those points,simple...

Bode

User

I think it's just like zengar said, 2-3 weeks for 1 epic (around 32vp?) which means im going to take all the summer just to get the celestial mount lol.

grimlockthegreat

User

How about we are given 1/2 a point per vote instantly? That way we know that we are getting right away at least that nasty point that'll enable us to get from 31 to 32 to get the epic items!!!

Then, if you want do that thingie were you award us extra points according to the community voting.

The best thing about this is:

-You don't have to adjust prices.
-People get votes right away,
-You are still rewarding the community.

Best of all... YOU DON'T DISSAPOINT PEOPLE WHO MAKE AN EFFORT TO VOTE TWICE A DAY TO FIND OUT NO SH*** IS GIVEN TO THEM!

Please all of those who like my idea support it :D That way they'll have to listen :P

<Hidden>

User

I understand that they are trying to make the vote system flawless and perfect for everyone. But, what I don't agree with is the amount of VP's the people who actually vote twice a day over 30 votes a week gets 7 VPs for all their hard work and actually voting. I agree with most of the posts above that some other better system should be made, like Hellfrozen said, get VPs immediately and if they don't fill in both the Captcha's ... Then no VPs as easy as that.

Pussicat

User

Am I the only one who feels like the change really isn't a big deal? I'm not getting my rewards any slower or faster than I used to....

No matter what the system is, it will always work the same in my opinion. If you want to vote, you vote. If you don't, you don't.

<Hidden>

User

Why no 1 told that we will not get all votepoint ? And why dont i gived all votes that week then give us half that week. Probabbly becouse no 1 will vote anymore. Before when we have vote for 6 sites was 100000 times better than that "Vote Shop Changes" ? And no 1 give answer to the player. In that server to get respect u should be donor..

<Hidden>

User

@Pussicat

New system: instant vote points and knowing how many vps you already have and how many vps you need to buy something , constant amount of vote points without waiting 1 week and without forcing other players to vote so you can get more vps

New system : random amount of vote points dependable on server's rating and how others vote , lack of instant vote points which causes situations like "you are 1vp away from your desired item and u have to wait whole week to buy it"

does that look same to you? If so you need to buy glasses

<Hidden>

User

oops sorry i made a typo .. first line sopose to be "Old System" :D not "New System" my bad

<Hidden>

User

@Nerion the best way to get more players is by achieving an high place in the private server top 100 lists, but for that you need votes. It's kinda a vicious circle. I think we need a major change, pretty soon.

<Hidden>

User

i agree with grimlockthar:D

<Hidden>

User

like the idea u said Grimlockthar .

and i agree with Hellfrozen too ....

<Hidden>

User

I have no words, I wrote so 'cause I really care about th server, I call it "home" in WoW terms since over 2 years, I've donated and instead of just leavin I've tried to give my opinion, to give some ideas, and what? I got deleted...

You need to be logged in to reply.