Forums
Forums >>> >>>
SMS gone, but not forgotten
SMS gone, but not forgotten

Blackswann

Owner/Founder

The experiment of using SMS is complete and the service will not be returning. Let me give you a few reasons: Phone companies will only allow a user to charge 25-40 dollars a month via SMS, according to the providers. That is fine with me but the issue is not me, it is the players. The first night we had the SMS payments turned on we had 5 people complete $1 US which passed under the limits of the SMS providers. Lets assume that these get paid and we eventually get the funds. The 167 $1 US transactions netted the server $17 US. If for some reason the bill is charged back or not paid, we would owe $1670 US to the SMS company. I could go on about it but I think you can see the issue.

Unfortunately, SMS will not be back. Lesson learned!

B

<Hidden>

User

LOL BLACKSWANN u can 5$ minimum open sms:) & not have problem :)

<Hidden>

User

just limit the payment option like 3 US dollar a week xD

<Hidden>

User

:O amg amg amg noes

<Hidden>

User

oh well. i guess that's it then. ehehehe.. won't stop me from playing :D

<Hidden>

User

Whatabout Daopay???
its different!!!

<Hidden>

User

LOL BLACKSWANN u can 5$ minimum open sms:) & not have problem :)

I totaly agree come one gms... give us the SMS again....

<Hidden>

User

Ye why not try the $5 minimum?
Just for 1 day please

Jem

User

I think the point you are all missing is that the fees that are charged or could be charged are so high that the amount of money that actually gets to the server would make it pointless.

The example that Blackswann told you of shows that NE gets just over 10 cents US per ONE dollar US given. So it will not matter if there is a limit or not, it does not make sense. Example: you give $5 we get $0.50 and then if you want your money back, we give back $5 and now we are -$4.50. That is not good for the server. Even if you do not charge back, should you get a $5 item for $0.50 put into NE's account?

Remember that the donations are needed to pay the bills and if we are either losing money on the donations or not receiving close to the same amount with one type of payment method as others then it does not make sense to use that method of payment.

Unfortunately this will effect some players but we have still introduced many other payment methods, so please check them out as there may be another that will work for you and will allow NE to get the donations it needs to keep providing you with the wonderful server you play on.

<Hidden>

User

I LOVE NE. At least i got 40chips form SMS while it lasted. whodafak actualy buys 1 chip. lol. idiots.

<Hidden>

User

I LOVE NE. At least i got 40chips form SMS while it lasted. whodafak actualy buys 1 chip. lol. idiots.

Maybe you didnt notice, but 1 chip was cheaper than buying 4 chips
lemme explain
1 chip was 0,60 euro
4 chips were 3,00 euro

if you bought 4 times 1 chip, you only had to pay 2,40 euro
So you could in fact buy 5 chips instead of 4, maybe thats why others bought 1 chip.......

<Hidden>

User

wow for real? mine wasnt like that. i dont use euro. i use another currency. and the minimum i could buy was 3 chips

<Hidden>

User

Get a credit card or a pre paid debit card and stop crying

<Hidden>

User

I paid via SMS never got my chips stolen that S = not cool for you

Dude we dont steal anything... The payment company may have done some crap...

B

ReconfigureSpize

User

there are people who donates lil by little to collect chips to donate ... now they wont be able to donate aswell ... you should have thought of a better strategy to put sms donations online ... like yeah still put 20 chips for month is cool ... at least some ppl can get 1 item a month ! put like 5 min , and 20 max a month that will be a cool option in NE ! think about it ... @B ... tc

Ra's al Ghul

User

Lol guys you dont get it. He can put 100 chips per month but he cant get 100$ for these 100 chips. Because SMS payment take some money for service and server doesnt get 1$ for 1 chip. And like that server losing money. If they find a way to get 1$ per 1 chip maybe they bring back SMS donations but then SMS service need charge more per SMS donation.

I hope you understand now.

jaeger123

User

lol I can only pay through sms >.> i'm willing to pay 10 dollars for 1 chip :3

jaeger123

User

Guys you can still donate if you go to:https://exchange.cherrycredits.com/.
First Create an account, next
look at the right of the screen and click on Top-Up CC.
Next scroll down to Premium SMS and select "Boku"
It may ask to confirm password so do so,
Agree with their Terms and Conditions
Select your country
Choose How many Cherry Points you wish to purchase
enter your pin
Select your moblie Service and cellphone number then continue
You'll get a text then reply it with the money
You should now have your CC points, next go to www.neverendless-wow.com (woo!) then select Donate
Scroll Down and Choose Cherry Credit's then select your amount then select donate
It will open a link to Cherry Credits then log in and it will ask for an amount then enter your pin then finished :D

<Hidden>

User

there sint any Cherry Credits on donation page , where do u live?

<Hidden>

User

jem there not have idiot cant 5 $ give but 0.50 cent come :) telephone company max 0.20 cent take ..........

jaeger123

User

Triplxranger there is dude, its underneath "Payment Walls" I live in the Philippines. I suppose you could use a Filipino proxy and try and find out o.o

<Hidden>

User

thats y ask Lightweave :P

<Hidden>

User

for Pinoys who aren't Globe Subsribers[/b]---

i use ePoints. why not MoLPoints??? it's cuz:

P1 = 1ePoint
^^^^
P2 = 1MoLPoint

when converting it to US$ to buy chips:
(for example you spent P100 worth of load)

P100 = 100ePoints = 2$ = 2Chips (minimum is 5chips now)
P100 = 50MoLPoints = 1.24$ = 1Chip

so there you go.. do the math ehehe.. no need to spend more.. i learned it the hard way.. (sayang load ko .. T_T)
anyway.. there's still hope.. woohoo!!! ^_^

Blackswann

Owner/Founder

we got 8 dollars out of the 40... Sorta a waste actually

<Hidden>

User

darn it! if you dont put it back up, you'd be missing a chunk of donations from me

<Hidden>

User

hmmm bout the denominations.. i have a problem where i only need 2 chips, but since the minimum is 5chips i decided to get 7chips instead.. but there is no option for this.. i understand bout the 5chip minimum purchase.. but can we get like other options where we can get 5chips then 6chips, 7chips and so on... and not direct to 10chips? just asking. ^_^

<Hidden>

User

Bobby what about DAOpay I thought that was different??

<Hidden>

User

personally i dont care if you jack up the prices to compensate. anyway nobody is forcing anyone to donate, though you can trust that i still would. as long as there is an easier option like via sms is available, count me in! just get it back up ^^

<Hidden>

User

and so i tried the expensive ePoints system just now. how long til u get the chips? it should be a fast transaction considering the expense

<Hidden>

User

and so i tried the expensive ePoints system just now. how long til u get the chips? it should be a fast transaction considering the expense

abot ra dayun bai asap

You need to be logged in to reply.