Forums
Forums >>> >>>
Vote Points Awarded! - April 7, 2011
Vote Points Awarded! - April 7, 2011

<Hidden>

User

:( i should have 30 vp but...i only got 18 vp now plz help !

<Hidden>

User

This new vote system is some kind of fail...I got 13 vps but I was suposted to get around 20... with this new system we can't get anythig expect some flashy mounts. Personaly, I spend points in gear but if I want relentless now I need to vote for about 2 weeks for 1 item -.-
Pls staff more vote points....

ThuG_Soulja

User

please fix the cooldown on second site

<Hidden>

User

A little thing on the second votesite. Realm is on 333a while we are on 335. I suggest a change so more people will join. Now it seems we are behind too much.

To the one asking about the little shield: yes, it are your achievmentpoints.

To Harnekkig: It might be so that the votepoints we get are low, but the prices are lower as well. On the former private server I was, there were also 3 votesite, but the prices of the items were the same as here before the change. So, my dear guildmember....this server is better with the votings.

Now, if you excuse me, I have to vote. Maan needs a new outfit ^^

Forglory

User

Silence Maan:P:P i want one piece in the week but now its 1 in 2 weeks, but ill have to vote full time and if this keeps going i am old when my chars are full geared XD

<Hidden>

User

Is it just me, or did the rankings on sites 1 and 3 drop? T_T

<Hidden>

User

I think that there are some problems here that need to be removed:
1. There are lots of disconnects. If you remove the them more players will come to play here.I personally get angry when I get disconnect.
2. The vote point system is fine and balanced.Overall the relentless gear is not that easy to get In-game so it's a fair price 32 points for them.I was wondering if we make some sort of an achievement for example get 1 position higher on a ranking site everyone who has voted this week gets bonus amount of points.Well at least that's what molten-wow does with their players.

<Hidden>

User

Agreed.
what i'm seeing now can be summarized in two words...

Lost Faith

NE used to be my favorite place, it was soo awesome. still kinda awesome, but there are some rather annoying problems here and there.
disconnects? yup. too frequent sometimes. remember that one day it happened 10 times within half an hour?
bugs galore. they fixed a lot already, but there's way too much to fix still. some of the bugs have been around years.
Arcane blast is as buggy now as when I first learned it :|
and now the voting system change? before, voting was pleasant. I'd click a link and be transported to the page where i'd enter the captcha. before, I didnt know that if you entered the captchas on the sites multiple times it didnt count, so did it on all of them. now, I have to do it twice...and what makes it worse is that I dont get points right away. no instant gratification...it sucks IMO. I have to wait to get even a single point, when what I need that point for is something pathetic like a robot pet.

All of this is so well known, you dont need me to repeat it.
So what it says...I've pretty much lost motivation to vote.
Rollbacks taking away massive effort spent, and screwing over loot from raids, and there being NO compensation.
An example...how many times have people been dc'd after the lich king fight, to find out that his corpse was gone?
Something like that is just depressing.

I honestly hope the new core they're building fixes all this stuff, as every DC and every bug practically screams at me "dont vote"

Forglory

User

agree voting sucks now!
like token of name change and so on are stil the same 10 v points.
i could take like 7 or 8 of them in a week! now i can just get one of them in one week that kinda sucks.
wel hope that is gonna be changed.

<Hidden>

User

Just wanna change name and token of name change is 10 points :O
Plz recalculate points for it >_>

<Hidden>

User

i was going to post but Deidrea said it all.

<Hidden>

User

thx neverendless for good server xD

Dimples

User

Please keep the comments on topic. This article is about the reward system; not about what you think of the server itself.

Thank you.

dimonishe202

User

Add good DPS daggers on this antirogue voteshop. Item level about 258 i think...

<Hidden>

User

Here is my basic analysis:

Strong points:
-increasing rank in the websites by encouraging people to vote more often for more vote points
-more people joining the server as a result of the point above^
-more money and support for the server as a result of the point above^
-The new vote shop layout has a much nicer look, is easier to use and has links to the armory.

Weak points:
-no instant gratification (instant gratification is a VERY powerful psychological tool and boosts my moral by 15... /awesome to those who get that reference)
-removing instant gratification that used to be present in the old system (-15 to my morale) (And no, this second point is not a repeat of the above one.)
-receiving less points than the number of times voted (I understand, but it feels like getting jipped honestly... like when you buy something you wanted, and only half of it is there when you open it.)
-Unhappy people complain to each other and spread the QQ mood. I have overheard much of this talk since the new system was implemented.
-Less people vote to their potential because of weak points mentioned above, thus not letting the potential of the strong points to be reached

Here is an idea: What if we get 1 vp each time we vote, but added a weekly vote point bonus that is scaled to our voting performance and/or rank on the websites. Then re-adjust the vote shop based on that. This would be like a nice combination of the old system and the new, and it would be much more motivating. The goal of the new system would be easier to reach because people would be going for a bigger bonus... And more people would be voting because they also have a huge psychological motivator (instant gratification) behind it... and who doesn't love bonuses (yet another psychological motivator)? If the vote shop was re-scaled to allow for this kind of system, I think it would be a win-win for everyone. Not everyone will agree with everything, but that is just my 2 cents.

<Hidden>

User

ok they deleted Deidrea's post. yay for freedom of speech! reward system would be good if you gave vote points daily. Great to see RALANTLAS IN VATE SHAP at last, i think its good news for people who only play a few hours per week finding it hard to get geared.

<Hidden>

User

Nice explanation and idea Hazlok. I will "vote" for this! ;)

ReconfigureSpize

User

Hazlock ! lawl ! and you tell this in guild :D proud of ya :)))

daryl1gtr

User

i would just like to say i understand the change because neverendless is always on the bottom, but i do appreciate the change in vote points needed for items

<Hidden>

User

hazlocs idea sounds great.
instant gratification is ALWAYS a motivator for me. otherwise, I wouldnt vote either.
I like being having some available instantly, as some things I need are simple and I want them NAO.
but the whole "make them wait" has a bit of a boost to it. some merge between the 2 ideas would indeed work

StormPunct

User

I hope they will put again in VS the death's verdict trinket

<Hidden>

User

in my post i wrote it wrong,
my sleep deprived wrong substituted vote in for donate in the second line
it should read thus:
instant gratification is ALWAYS a motivator for me. otherwise, I would'nt DONATE either.

;p

<Hidden>

User

Is it that difficult to track who puts both capchas!.. a simple webservice implementation or even RPC should be enough!..[assuming that NE can tie up with the ranking sites]..
that way we can easily track who votes correctly and who doesn't..

Development Team Leader

User

@Wayn: yes it is, since all but one of the sites refuse to provide these services.

ubistveno

User

damn :/
i had aproxx 130 vp befour the site changed :((

<Hidden>

User

"Bonus Points
For the Grand Opening, we will be awarding double bonus points for the entire month of April! These bonus points will be dependent on our Rank on each vote site, so be sure to vote regularly!" FROM http://forum.neverendless-wow.com/showthread.php?t=114982

really? where?

<Hidden>

User

HOW MUST I GET VOTE ?????

<Hidden>

User

plz add stamina staff or mace to vote shop t-t

<Hidden>

User

i do not mind the new voting system now that i understand what is what, plus i like the idea of ranking. it makes you want to vote more due the fact, higher ranking more votes.. keep it up staff i like this!!!!!

<Hidden>

User

@stewart thanks for the reply and thats kinda bad for us ...but for that one site cant we have that system in place..that we we can monitor who does it on a regular basis and who doesn't; i mean behavior pattern of a player.

he can be penalized heavily so that others doesnt end up loosing their correctly done voting later..
just trying to improve the system..

You need to be logged in to reply.