Forums
Forums >>> >>>
Connection Guide Update
Connection Guide Update

Development Team Leader

User

We've updated the Server Connection Guide with a BitTorrent download for windows users, more detailed instructions for manual patching, and more pretty pictures.

I'd like to ask for help from players on three counts:

First - I've added a link to the top of every Knowledge Base article where you can report a problem with the article or suggest an improvement to it. It would be useful if some people could follow the guide through and make sure that everything works as it's supposed to. If you see any mistakes in the guide, if something doesn't work, or if you think something could be made better - send us your comments. (This goes for every article but lets start with the connection guide).

Second - we could do with some help seeding the torrent we're using, so if you're a heavy bit-torrent user please grab a copy of it and help out with it.

Lastly - if there's anything you think we could be doing to make it easier for new players to come to Neverendless and start playing - let us know, send in a Feedback Support Ticket. Some of you may have noticed the shiny new 'Welcome to the Server' email that gets sent on registration, and the slightly longer name on the connection guide link on the homepage, but it seems people still struggle to find the guide for some reason. The number of people that manage to somehow stumble into IRC and ask how they can download the game or where the realmlist is crazy, despite the connection guide actually being on the IRC page of the site in big red letters just for them. Then of course there's the people who don't understand the concept of verifying their email address, despite the big account warnings box up at the top telling them they can't play until they do, the message on the registration page, in the 'thanks for registering, here's the email confirmation code you need' email, in the connection guide, and with a link on the login page entitled "What does 'access to your account has been disabled' mean?", and still somehow get into IRC or a support ticket to ask why they can't log in.

Thanks everybody, and Happy Easter.

<Hidden>

User

Hmmm my version 3.3.5 (12340) :D

<Hidden>

User

hmm maby offer them a pvp set like deadly set with a weapon or something atleast its a start on the pvp path

<Hidden>

User

yeah i agree with Angelheart on this one.would be nice for all the pvp lovers to get like some basic pvp gear to get them started :)

Meteorax

User

Pretty Cool, this Improved Connection Guide :p

zigvab25

User

If I may suggest for the connection guide, instead of plonking the link right inside the top left div, give it its own div tag and make it flashy. Give it a cool font and maybe a roll-over effect in the CSS.

zigvab25

User

What I was trying to say was put the connection guide under the server status instead of mixing it in WITH the server status and by doing that you give it it's own section and new users can easily find it. Then you can make it all flashy and pretty just like Neverendless.

<Hidden>

User

I think pretty woman up there has a good idea, maybe by putting it in its own flashy little section instead of under the server status, newer visitors might spot it with greater ease. Also, maybe make it the very first article in the knowledge base, as opposed to one of the last ones, and perhaps a darker/lighter font to REALLY make it pop. Lastly, with regards to the free entry level pvp gear, IT IS MY OPINION<--- that giving people free gear is counter productive, if we give them furious and they meet someone in wrath or customs, they will inevitably qq or rage quit, i think a better idea would be if new accounts got like 3x VP rates for the first two months.... we give them a cheap and fast option for gear for joining, and we get our votes up at the same time. (no excuse for us being 18th on top 100, we're top 5 on a bad day, and Stewie deserves our votes)

I have other ideas to help with new community members, but ill follow the instructions this time and make a ticket instead :P

<Hidden>

User

*edit*

Most of NE's staff deserves your votes, I singled out Development Team here cuz hes the man and he deserves it threefold. and i just noticed i wrote stewie, i guess subconsciously i see you as an evil mastermind...

sowwy :/

and now im off topic..

Development Team Leader

User

*edit*

Most of NE's staff deserves your votes, I singled out Development Team here cuz hes the man and he deserves it threefold. and i just noticed i wrote stewie, i guess subconsciously i see you as an evil mastermind...

sowwy :/

and now im off topic..

You people DO know there's an edit button under your avatar on the post, right?

<Hidden>

User

I think a sexy new web design would be awesome!
We need something that's on epic proportions so that when people click on www.neverendless-wow.com they get blown away by the webdesign and think: "I'm playing here."

<Hidden>

User

I think a sexy new web design would be awesome!
We need something that's on epic proportions so that when people click on www.neverendless-wow.com they get blown away by the webdesign and think: "I'm playing here."

We already got that.......

galaton

User

13:13, 06 Apr 2012

hmm maby offer them a pvp set like deadly set with a weapon or something atleast its a start on the pvp path
rofl why giw new pll smt ??what about the old players ?? if pll want to join NE then they will :)but alot of new pll are running away first time they are in BG and get 1/2 hit and die :(no one think´s that´s funny and after they have been in BG like 6/10 times and they see they same 1/2 hit and y´r dead they leave :(sry to say it:(but thats how it is

<Hidden>

User

I agree with Caja above, but also with Angelheart.

It does take 'patience' along with skill and gear for new comers to start pvping 'at' level 80. But deadly gladiator gear is not going to save them one bit from monstrous hits from people hitting like trucks. It's not even quite a start at all.

Maybe instead giving them some honor points to start with, or for the first few hours of their play on level 80, being able to give them more honor per bg, might help, i'm not sure how this can be done. But it's an idea.

Similarly, a few Emblems of Triumph might help if granted as soon as they touch 80. This can help existing players by not seeing complete 'greenies' asking for raid groups as well.

So to cut the long story short, 'EoTs and Honor' being given as soon as any player Hits level 80, could help.

Development Team Leader

User

I agree with Caja above, but also with Angelheart.

It does take 'patience' along with skill and gear for new comers to start pvping 'at' level 80. But deadly gladiator gear is not going to save them one bit from monstrous hits from people hitting like trucks. It's not even quite a start at all.

Maybe instead giving them some honor points to start with, or for the first few hours of their play on level 80, being able to give them more honor per bg, might help, i'm not sure how this can be done. But it's an idea.

Similarly, a few Emblems of Triumph might help if granted as soon as they touch 80. This can help existing players by not seeing complete 'greenies' asking for raid groups as well.

So to cut the long story short, 'EoTs and Honor' being given as soon as any player Hits level 80, could help.

Nice idea, but off topic. I asked in the article about how to make it easier for people to come here and start playing - as in to arrive at the site, figure out how to get sorted, and get in-game, not how to keep their attention after they get in-game, the rest of the paragraph should have given some sort of indication what I was talking about.

modron

User

Torrent added to my torrent list ..... Count on my as a seeder ;)

<Hidden>

User

Sorry Development Team for going off topic :(

But here's another idea - I already realize we have visual aids added to the connection guide, where people can see what's happening step by step.

This is nice, helps a lot, but, try making a video regarding this installation. (Parts can be fast forwarded). Anyone with a video-capture software can do this, check out the trial version of 'Microsoft Expression'. Video instructions make it much simpler than visual aids even.

Once the main video has been set up, various players, who can volunteer for this, can add a voicing to the original instruction video posted, in different languages, well representing the community of NE players. I'm sure this would help a lot.

You need to be logged in to reply.