Forums
Forums >>> >>>
Deathwing Character Names
Deathwing Character Names

Ysabel

Director, Operations

There has been some confusion about "ownership" of character names since the Deathwing launch. While we clearly stated that no one would be permitted to sell character names, the information regarding what happens if your long-time name is "stolen" has been a bit mixed.

After discussion with Blackswann, we have come up with the following solution: if you feel that your Arthas character name has been wrongfully stolen on the Deathwing realm, you may put in a general support ticket. For your name to be returned to you, you must meet the following requirements:

• You must currently have a character on the Arthas realm with the requested name on the account from which you are making the support ticket.
  • Your Arthas character with the requested name must have held the name for the past 6 months.
  • You must have been an active player for the past 6 months (activity will be reviewed by and Admin).
  • Tickets submitted for a name reclaim must be submitted by the end of June 9, 2012 (server time applies).

If it is determined that the name will be returned to you, the player currently holding the name will be renamed at an Admin's discretion.

Please note that if you are not granted the requested name, the decision is not appealable and is to be respected. Any negativity, disrespect, or other poor behavior due to disappointment about these decisions can result in actions taken against your account, as always. Fair warning. ;)

All that being said, I am glad to see that the majority of you are enjoying the Deathwing realm and we appreciate your support and patience as we work through the bumps in the road, so to speak! You are an awesome community, Neverendless, and we love you for it!

<Hidden>

User

This is great news.

Does it also apply to Guild names?

<Hidden>

User

Blackswann

Owner/Founder

I agree that should follow for Guild names as well

Kranith

User

I tryed to steal Blackswann's name, but it sayd "name is unavailable" :( :(

Ahahaha nice job NE!!

<Hidden>

User

Ye I saw a lvl 1 dwarf warrior with the name "Unholytaco"

Creative

User

Good plan to carry forward NE CATA!! yayyy

<Hidden>

User

The starting areas are a bit problematic but the rest is extremely smooth!

Quite a few disconnections though.

Meteorax

User

I agree with your solution :)
Btw, where are my cookies?!

BoSNiaN

User

Glad nobody took my name :)

<Hidden>

User

what if some1 took an interest in the name and doesnt plan for selling and really wants to play with it?

<Hidden>

User

Great work NE...i found out someone has taken my name "shadowfear" and my guild name "Defenders Of The Crown"!!
I have been on server for several years now and would like to think during that time ive made a few friends who know me and know my toon and my toons guild .
To lose them now after so many years building up a rapport and trust with everyone else on server just kills me!!
I (like a lot of other people), put a lot of work into building up a respectable reputations for my (our) toons and for someone to come and try to "steal" that by stealing the toons names deserves to have it stripped from them.

I know there will be some genuine people who did not know when they created their toons that they have been held by people for a serious length of time and to those people i apologise but what they lose is nothing compared to what could be years lost building up the reputation of our toons name!!

Those who purposely create toons however with names they know belong to someone else for the sake of "stealing " or causing problems for them because they hold a personal grudge against them should be shown the NE door...we dont need people like that in this community!!

Well done NE..!!!
Ill be making my ticket and hopefully getting the good name Shadowfear back...i just hope i havent spent years with the same toon and toon name just to lose it now!!

<Hidden>

User

@Shadowfear
After a quick investigation, it shows up that an officer of your guild 'Defenders Of The Crown' has made the guild on Deathwing, so you should be able to get the leader rank fairly easy.

<Hidden>

User

shads calis and my self set up dotc on new realm

<Hidden>

User

Thankyou Cursed....i appreciate your help!!
Thats Great bannor thankyou..ive spoken to calis and he says he was having problems promoting to guild leader. Ill wait till i get my name back then ill join you on deathwing and will try then!! thankyou

<Hidden>

User

lol, some jerk tried stealing my warrs name...sowwy, not happening...I locked down -all- my char names...

JamesWoW

User

Hey :)
A Gnome Level 1 Stole my Name ... Legiown

Hope it will be changed ;)

<Hidden>

User

lul, firstdruid has been stolen toooooooooooo

<Hidden>

User

good - tried to make "hldden" some moron has gone and stolen loads of names... its a bit sad tbh.

<Hidden>

User

i still have to finish downloadin cata!!.. hope they can extend the date for submittin the names

<Hidden>

User

Can you continue lvling a char while waiting for support ticket to be actioned?
Will that char's name then be changed to your old name?
I'd hate to have to start over again.

<Hidden>

User

i lost my name -.-

<Hidden>

User

"Tickets submitted for a name reclaim must be submitted by the end of June 9, 2012 (server time applies)."

so...does this mean this post gets locked and comments purged, and the post updated to say "no more tickets"? or are you going to extend the time period? some people might want it extended "indefinitely", with the conditions besides this held in effect ^_^

You need to be logged in to reply.