Forums
Forums >>> >>>
Battlemasters Announce the Return of 1v1 and a Change of Rules
Battlemasters Announce the Return of 1v1 and a Change of Rules

Ysabel

Director, Operations

As of now, there will no longer be any all-out healers allowed in any of the 1v1 PvP Events held by the Battlemasters.

Why, you may ask?

First of all, healers are group assist players, not DPS. That is why they are necessary in 2v2+ PVP Events.

Second of all, it's a 1v1 PvP battle, and if you're an all-out healer then you're doing too much healing and not enough PvPing. It's not fair to the rest of the participants and honestly it's not even a fight.

To make it more balanced for everyone, we are only allowing a maximum of 20 talent points in any of the following healing specs: Restoration druids, Restoration shamans, Discipline priests, Holy priests, and Holy paladins. If you have any more than 20 talent points in any of these specs during a 1v1 PvP Event, you will be disqualified from the event. The posted rules for the event will be changed accordingly.

Furthermore, although this has already been mentioned in the 1v1 PvP events, we will emphasize it again here: During the event, regardless of what spec you are, all competitors are required to cast a damage spell at least every 30 seconds. That does not mean an instant cast spell. It must be a spell that has some cast time.

Now that we have resolved this issue with the healers, we’re happy to say that the Battlemasters will resume hosting the 1v1 PvP Events. Hopefully, everyone can abide by these rules. Let’s keep it clean and fun, and happy hosting to the Battlemasters!

<Hidden>

User

rudmor

User

At long last we will see some nice pvp and no stupid healers... well ret pala will still use holy wep and shield ; /

<Hidden>

User

About time, but i guess it's better to be late than never.

dr1ttz

User

Thank Odin. I hate stupid healers and their stupid heals. Hrmph

hollow_sk

User

LOL.. bye bye 10 min battles.Good job NE :3

jaztwo

User

Enter the Cyclone+Healing touch Balance Druid. Well sounds cool this would make 1v1 tournaments actually worth of watching.

<Hidden>

User

:) It is as it should be.

Thank you NE

Caleyan

User

Although I'm not much of one for PvP, I can see how this will benefit the PvP community here =)

<Hidden>

User

lol bye kolvan.....XD

hollow_sk

User

lol bye kolvan.....XD

...and hello FD warriors winning every event.

<Hidden>

User

lol bye kolvan.....XD

...and hello FD warriors winning every event.

Death Knights**

Hell-fire

User

Nice good too do!

townshend

User

I think its stupid. Wait, paladins dont cast spells?

all competitors are required to cast a damage spell at least every 30 seconds. That does not mean an instant cast spell. It must be a spell that has some cast time.

So, no DKs, no Warriors, no Retri paladins.! Sweet!

Later on, BMs will just predict the winners!

<Hidden>

User

I think that it is kind of obviouse that the rule

all competitors are required to cast a damage spell at least every 30 seconds. That does not mean an instant cast spell. It must be a spell that has some cast time.
is not going to be applied to classes without many cast time spells. What is meant by this rule is that a druid cant run around healing then every 29 seconds cast a instant. Stop being so negative and just enjoy this new fix of the 1v1 pvp system. If you want to all out heal a 1v1, why not go to the duel area!. Great job Neverendless.

Lauranna

User

precisely what vankal said! that rule is so obviously about casters and not melee classes. don't be such a negative nancy. if you think the rules mean ret pallys can't play, then don't play.

awesome rule change. one day i might work up the courage and the talent to join one of these events. :3

townshend

User

precisely what vankal said! that rule is so obviously about casters and not melee classes. don't be such a negative nancy. if you think the rules mean ret pallys can't play, then don't play.

awesome rule change. one day i might work up the courage and the talent to join one of these events. :3

I think that it is kind of obviouse that the rule
is not going to be applied to classes without many cast time spells. What is meant by this rule is that a druid cant run around healing then every 29 seconds cast a instant. Stop being so negative and just enjoy this new fix of the 1v1 pvp system. If you want to all out heal a 1v1, why not go to the duel area!. Great job Neverendless.

You guys got no sense of humor whatsoever >.> It is just excluding specs from the event. I think it is unfair. As fw holy paladin I did have a chance winning vs FDs (customs) for a reason that they couldn't kill me. Now, non-fd got no chances vs customs.

<Hidden>

User

Mmm....sounds good.
Let the tanking begin!

Iznutrica

User

rene lipman

User

cry always the healer have don it

<Hidden>

User

oh this new is awesome ... i need comng. play Lk... lvl 90 and 85 no is so cool .........

You need to be logged in to reply.