Forums
Forums >>> >>>
Talents, Professions, and Skills
Talents, Professions, and Skills

Ysabel

Director, Operations

As many of you are aware by now, an error caused the need for server maintenance at approximately 19:00 on 12/20.

While we were able to restore much of the affected data, some players may experience a rollback of acquired spells to our last backup of the spells table, which was taken on 12/19.

Spells, mounts, companions, etc. you had gained in the time between the last backup and 19:00, 12/20, were lost.

Talents were also reset to fix a problem that caused some players to have too few or too many talent points. We apologize for this inconvenience and encourage you to check the armory prior to logging your character in and out, should you need a reminder of how your talents are laid out.

Please make an in-game ticket for assitance from a GM for the following problems:

• Professions reduced to 1/450 (previously at 450/450).
  • Riding skill (for which you have an achievement).
  • Achievement rewards lost for which you have the achievement.

If you have weapon skills that were returned to 1/400, you may reclaim your max skill via GM ticket if your [Master of Arms] or [Did Somebody Order a Knuckle Sandwich?] shows that you previously had the max for the skill in question. If you do not have these achievements, you can visit the training dummies in your main cities to relevel your weapon skills.

Thank you, Neverendless, for your patience and as always, your unending support!

<Hidden>

User

Gonna take some work re-specing all my characters but at least its good to know NE staff is maintaining the server.

<Hidden>

User

Yet again staff is incompetent to do maintenance, thus making a rollback and forcing players to redo talents and spells all over again and give players only we are sorry for this. Please don't do maintenance if you don't know how to do it. Every maintenance you guys do something happens. It is beginning to be lame.

Thats my 2 sents
Regards Astralni

Crackbone

User

Good thing's that I wasn't here :P I always hit the right time...

Development Team Leader

User

Yet again staff is incompetent to do maintenance, thus making a rollback and forcing players to redo talents and spells all over again and give players only we are sorry for this. Please don't do maintenance if you don't know how to do it. Every maintenance you guys do something happens. It is beginning to be lame.

Thats my 2 sents
Regards Astralni

Maintenance periods like this are BECAUSE a problem happens, it doesn't cause the problem - something goes wrong so we take the server down to stop things from getting any worse while we try to deal with the problem.

Also - quit complaining about having to re-do your talents, it's not like you actually lost anything beyond the 2 minutes of your life it takes you to put them back in.

MrBean

User

I agree...things happen, and sometimes beyond control. It's just ridiculous to hear the complaining...new server, new update...there will be bumps in the road.

Thanks NE for what you are doing.....and have a Merry Christmas!

Regards

<Hidden>

User

wow complaining to do your talents again, it takes less than a minute and be happy they refund any missing achievement, skill lost and other things. stop complaining when you play for free here. they are all volunteers doing all what they can to give you a free wow experience

<Hidden>

User

Thats my 2 sents
Regards Astralni

No one likes roll backs or redoing their talents but its not exactly a difficult thing to do, not as difficult as maintaining a server anyway. You shouldn't be so rude you don't know the staff situation or anything about them.

Flipsta

User

The only thing I'm noticing is that a good number of characters of mine and my friends' are talent bugged, in that the game shows them having all of their previously filled talent trees filled out, yet still have 1-71 talent points available for distribution.

Trying to reset the talents does nothing because the game system has it registered that no talent points are spent at all.

When I made a ticket about this, the only solutions I received were:

"Delete your WTF and Cache folders and restart your client."

And when that didn't work:

"I'm sorry, but you'll just have to restart your character."

I mean... yeah, I was a DK, so it's no thing to me, but the other players who were affected by the same problem had been leveling their characters for a week and were terribly furious when I told them the final solution. There has simply got to be a better fix for this than "Oops, we messed up, guess you get to suffer through remaking your character and re-gearing."

<Hidden>

User

Thats my 2 sents
Regards Astralni

Maintenance periods like this are BECAUSE a problem happens, it doesn't cause the problem - something goes wrong so we take the server down to stop things from getting any worse while we try to deal with the problem.

Also - quit complaining about having to re-do your talents, it's not like you actually lost anything beyond the 2 minutes of your life it takes you to put them back in.

Ok I was staff on other P server and it goes like this. You receive patches every day for core, every new patch will make some things work better and will brake some things. Bottom line was we made test server to test new patch, before we applied it to core on main server. That way PROBLEMS WONT HAPPEN ON SERVER AND PLAYERS WONT SUFFER ROLLBACKS since we are writing with caps.

Also this time we didn't lose anything, but i remember times when players lost a lot, and that time it was also sorry for the inconvenience :)

Hellfrozen

User

I kind of have to agree with Astralni,this server really does have a lot of rollbacks and problems with lost gear.Starting to get annoying,but I hope it gets better in the future

<Hidden>

User

Good thing of this I didnt lost anything :D

<Hidden>

User

Thats my 2 sents

Regards Astralni

Ok I was staff on other P server and it goes like this. You receive patches every day for core, every new patch will make some things work better and will brake some things. Bottom line was we made test server to test new patch, before we applied it to core on main server. That way PROBLEMS WONT HAPPEN ON SERVER AND PLAYERS WONT SUFFER ROLLBACKS since we are writing with caps.

Also this time we didn't lose anything, but i remember times when players lost a lot, and that time it was also sorry for the inconvenience :)

they did test all this and i can know since i was 1 of them testing the new core with the new patch. if u were really part of the staff of another server then u should know that not all problems will be found (would be fun though) and also the staff is trying to make sure they can help as much as they can but pls remember that if u need to regear well sorry for that then but still it is impossible to go ask for the gear since alot of ppl would abuse that.

back on topic^^

if u ask me it is good that u inform us on the matter. ofc it sux when this kinda stuff happens but we are only human we cant make sure that no problems occur since we all make mistakes. so i will simply go redo my talents using the armory and then im done in half a minute or so and then see if i lost anything. anyway way to go staff that u support us i really appreciate it.

LcSullivan

User

Guys this is a FREE Server!!!

So be thankful that you can play WoW for Free, or go and pay alot of money to pay with the normal Server.

The Staff is doing great Work, trying to update things, and when something goes wrong they always help you and try to fix it as fast as possible.

Stop complaining all the time on every single problem that shows up.

Staff does in my opinion great work for all of us!

MrBean

User

I was researching and recently read that another free server (one of those top 20 servers) had a server fail a lost many, and I mean meany players accounts. So this made many of their members pissed that they had to recreate there lost toon's...re-adjusting talent points is so much better than recovering from a complete character loss.

These updates are a fact of running a server and necessary for the continued life of this server. But I would like to suggest that NE consider the talent snapshot choice that was done months back to make this type issue go smoother. (Or I should just remember to take a screen shot of my points...but I keep forgetting to do this.)

Edit.....sorry the talent point snapshot is already there (so if you want to set up your talents as it was before the reset just go to the armory look at your talents to set up your toon,....easy as that..)

<Hidden>

User

<Hidden>

User

well gotta check my toons now....

those who always complain..go make your own server and play there alone.

damn!!!

=)

<Hidden>

User

i talked with a GM about losing my JC recipes and he said they can't do anything about it because i have learned them this week and something got lost whatever guys if u continue like this u are going to loose more people :(((

Paracelsus

User

i talked with a GM about losing my JC recipes and he said they can't do anything about it because i have learned them this week and something got lost whatever guys if u continue like this u are going to loose more people :(((

This is probably the biggest issue here, when there is an issue like this the in-game staff is powerless to fix anything. They can not restore lost recipes, fix any sort of quest issues, or anything else. The only thing they tell you to do is make a bug report which you can never view again and have no clue if the issue has been fixed or even looked at.

MrBean

User

This is probably the biggest issue here, when there is an issue like this the in-game staff is powerless to fix anything. They can not restore lost recipes, fix any sort of quest issues, or anything else. The only thing they tell you to do is make a bug report which you can never view again and have no clue if the issue has been fixed or even looked at.

True.... making the bugs visible would save time on both sides (support and user), when trying to address an issue of its resolution status.

<Hidden>

User

Here's my problem:

The armory seems to already register the talent reset without me logging in or out a single character or even connecting to the server.

Reallocating talents when I have a recording of what I did is easy and takes two minutes. Unfortunately, WoW is not my life so I haven't bothered to commit my talents to memory. Gonna take a lot more than two minutes.

<Hidden>

User

hey comes my 2 cents...

again BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP

i was on a TBC server that everyday at a certains time the realm would go down for a backup.. and obviously the integrity of the backups... so whoever is incharge of that... lol l2do ur job.. u are more then welcome to contact me directly as i do this for a living... have a super day

PS. talent resets suck but gives ppl the oppurtunity to play with sepcs as most things are working on the server.. just a thought.. some silver lining..

<Hidden>

User

ps I think that when agan the maintenance Asher actualis or have more precision in restarting the server of the talents that I do not complain pudedo is easy to order ... that is if I can not complain of professions and skills, but if you solve ps when bacan

Ysabel

Director, Operations

A few comments in response to the previous:

It was not a patch or an update that caused this. It was an unanticipated problem.

We did have a recent backup. As stated, only a few tables needed to be restored from a backup approximately 24 hours old.

What was gained in the way of spells, mounts, companions, and anything else considered by the game to be a "spell" between the backup of 12/19 and the time of the fix is lost. While we are sorry that we cannot restore those losses, the only alternative to provide an even shorter rollback would be to make backups every few hours, which would severely interrupt players' game-play.

While inconvenient, a rollback of 24 hours for only a PORTION of your characters gains is MUCH better than as someone said, total character loss, or for example what would have been lost if we hadn't had the backup at all.

As I've said in my original post, the in-game staff are in fact able to help you in several ways. Those ways are listed in the original post.

If you have a severe problem not addressed by this post please feel free to open an in-game ticket for a GameMaster or a general support ticket so an Admin can look into the problem.

As always if you have lost something purchased from the donation shop or the vote shop, you can fill out the appropriate support tickets to retrieve your lost purchase.

While we are not offering "compensation" for these inconveniences, the staff ARE here to do everything possible to make this situation less painful. We cannot just hand out everything everyone claims was lost due to the rollback as this would lead to claims of missing things that were not earned in the first place. We are able to fix verifiable losses. Please consider again all the possible fixes in place, and realize that while yes, you may need some staff assistance to get things back, you have lost relatively little.

Thank you once again to those supportive player who understand that at times the unexpected occurs and that the staff are only human. ;)

hurte

User

i lost a mount that cost me 1800 gold and i lost my talents an an exalted status.
they fixed exalted status, and redid the talents.
but the GM couldnt give my mount back :((((((((

<Hidden>

User

and for those who lost items, we have to earn another look, to recover the server's fault?

<Hidden>

User

Hello

My friend lost the chopper that was bought for 62k :P

I hope it's the last Time This Happens lords

<Hidden>

User

So why did I loose all my talents and spells on my toons when I haven't respecced or learned any new talents on any toons since October?

Jem

User

So why did I loose all my talents and spells on my toons when I haven't respecced or learned any new talents on any toons since October?

Please take the time to read the Posts by Ysabel to get answers for your question and instructions as to how to get things fixed.

Hello

My friend lost the chopper that was bought for 62k :P

I hope it's the last Time This Happens lords

As Ysabel said this was an unexpected occurance. Which means we didnt expect it. We endeavor to not have issues happen but sometimes things we can not control or do not expect happen. With each issue we learn things that help us either prevent other such things from happening or that help us to recover from such types of incidents quicker and with less consequences.
Although we never want issues to happen we can not promise unexpected/unpredictable things will not happen but we can promise that we will do whatever we can to prevent them and to lessen their impact on the community.

Daygone

User

Development Team, Ysabel, Jem, don't mind that hater Astralni. I've been arround on this server for years and I can only say you're doing a fantastic job. People will always have opinnions that won't always be pleasant but remember there are those of ous which cincerely enjoy your work efford and we enjoy it for free. All i can say for the RB is - pity, but hey. Sh*t happens :)

Everyone else. Quit complaining. The loss is not that big. How about a one week backup when you lose 20 EoFs and sufficient reputations, honor, arena points, VS items, awesome drops and etc. Think about it before you start spitting on the people that grant you a wonderful free and well-developed blizz-like server !!!

You need to be logged in to reply.