Forums
Forums >>> >>>
Another little surprise
Another little surprise

Development Team Leader

User

Hello everybody.

After tonight's maintenance, I have another little surprise for those of you who frequent the 'global' in-game chat channel.

I was thinking the other day and decided that since we here on Neverendless prefer to use a channel called 'global' rather than one called 'world' or similar, that global really ought to live up to it's name. I therefore went away for a couple of hours this evening and came up with this.

Cross Realm Global
1486x814px 675KiB
Presenting Cross-Realm Global. Two realms, one chat channel. Say it on Arthas and they'll hear you all the way over in Deathwing. This applies ONLY to global and not any of the other chat channels. As demonstrated in this picture of me on both Deathwing and Arthas, but talking from Deathwing.

It's not 100% perfect, there is a small glitch as you may notice, that a person's first message in the channel appears without the realm name. I will continue to look into this and see if it can be corrected although it may just be a quirk of the client.

Anyway, I wanted to share this now, because those of you with Golden Tickets were going to notice it pretty quickly when you got in-game.

Enjoy.

<Hidden>

User

yay cross realm chat

<Hidden>

User

lol.... really awsome :D

Blackswann

Owner/Founder

The hits just keep on coming... Our amazing Development Team has done it yet again... Nobody in the world has this feature nor will they... Cuz they just ain't that good... You know who I am talking to... Pissing you off isn't it... No in your arrogance I am sure you don't even notice you asshole...

<Hidden>

User

You guys will end killing me one of these days

so many awesomeness together :p

Xijek

User

Development Team, I am not even trying to brown nose here. You continue to amaze and your work is truly awe inspiring. You continuously deliver amazing content, and I can't fathom the amount of work you put into Neverendless.. I think I speak for everyone when I say you do a fantastic job and we're all truly thankful to have you here on Neverendless. Keep up the good work.

<Hidden>

User

Development Team is essential on NE

if Development Team decide take a rest someday
NE won't be the same

<Hidden>

User

Neverendless gives new meaning to playing WoW. More than perfect ^^, GZ Development Team

Tsurgoth

User

Nice job :D

NE <3

Soullord

User

Nice Job NE.
Cheers to all dedicated fantastic staff members of NE.
NE = Kinda better than retail. :D

<Hidden>

User

<Hidden>

User

wow great job :d

<Hidden>

User

How the **** is cross realm chat even possible? How did you do this?

paacman

User

Development Team server arthas go to cataclysm later ?

<Hidden>

User

Sweet, can't wait for deathwing to come out, this cross realm chat is going to be a great addition!

<Hidden>

User

Wow! Development Team you are the best administrator in the world!

joshuavb

User

whoa never thought that was even possible good job stewart! :D

<Hidden>

User

I propose make stewart's day in the WOW calendar.... :P
NE Rock's ..... FTW

<Hidden>

User

If I can I'd liek to say some thing about Ne:

• You're awesome
  • You're awesome
  • You're awesome
  • You're awesome
  • You're awesome
  • You're awesome

That is all.

~Tacos

naadrius

User

Thats damn amazing! Development Team FTW!!

Meteorax

User

The Park in Stormwind City. Absolutely :D
Btw, Grats for that improvement ^^

Ceruibast

User

This.. now this is awesome. Keep up the good work, Development Team.

<Hidden>

User

Development Team has anyone told u before you are a fringing Prodigy for this server ?

Kranith

User

epic ideaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

BoSNiaN

User

Cool, but 1 tip, have the name of the realm in square brackets before the persons name instead of their name - realm name.

Sorta like this:

[global] [realm] Name : what they say

Your current setup makes it seem like name-Arthas (for example) is their name...

<Hidden>

User

On retail it is name - realm i believe - altho it can be confusing at times - but when you are trying to find someone in your chat logs it would be easier to see them if it was name first then the other way around. Just my opinion.

<Hidden>

User

..... wow.....

I really want to find the words to express not only my gratitude and admiration for Development Team's endeavors, but also the pride i feel whenever i log in to find amazing frakin news like this. Bobby made a very important post thanking Development Team, it was a very heartfelt and kind message and if you haven't read it yet then you must go read it now. I wish that my name had the clout that bobby's does on this server, so that I too could post a very heartfelt T H A N K Y O U S T E W A R T and it would carry the same resonance as bobby's post, but alas Im a simple community member, (good looking and well hung master of the universe and weekend Ninja Turtle that i may be irl, its hard for you to see that ingame)and i will have to settle for the hope that Development Team gets the chance to read these posts and sees just how grateful we ALL are. Im sure at some point some hater is going to say:
"Gm why you take fix to webpage wen broken spell here no werk and i bog them but it still no werk, and i want this and i want that and like this but with no that and you only care about donors"
Dont listen to these fools, (this goes for mr.bobby too :P pay them no mind) as u can see by the people that posted before me and will post after me, the real NE community members are GREATLY appreciative, wether or not we agree with a particular decision doesnt affect the greater feeling of pride and respect we have for you bro. Ok im gonna stop here before this starts to sound a lil homo.
Great Job once again... I now dub you Sir Development Team of Epiccodinghamsberg.

Dragonmouse

User

Others may try but Ne has succeeded, well done Development Team!

caraii the awsome rouge

User

I have one complaint. But it's a good one. NE needs a "Like" button. I would have pressed it a million times this week.

<Hidden>

User

Lol at Heinz on the screenshot...

You need to be logged in to reply.