Forums
Forums >>> >>>
Lifting The Veil
Lifting The Veil

Ysabel

Director, Operations

Good morning, I'm Ysabel... aka Falore, Lithe, Karenna, Bijoux, Zephyrine, and many more. And this is the beginning of a new way of doing things at Neverendless.

For a long time, the community has often complained of a lack of transparency. Valid concerns have been overwhelmed and lost among the massive waves of harassment of our staff. The staff work to provide YOU with the best WoW private server experience possible, and they will not be harassed. If the community finds it amusing to attempt to uncover our "secrets" and cause us stress this way, we will remove the opportunity.

The staff now have the choice of whether to allow the community to know who they are. If they don't want you to know, then you may not bother them about it. This would be considered harassment and is a banable offense.

Harrassing staff members while on their play toons will also not be tolerated. You may NOT ask a staff member to take care of your issue while they are on a play toon. You may not complain to them about the job they have done. You may not make claims of favoritism, corruption and power abuse without evidence. Any and all complaints about any staff action must be submitted via Report a Staff Member Support Ticket on the website.

To clarify, bans put in place due to Attempted Staff Exposure will NOT be automatically lifted. An appeal must be filed and whether or not the appeal is accepted will depend on whether harassment was also a part of the offense. Decisions on such bans will be made by Blackswann and Ysabel and the decisions will be considered final, not up for any debate, and re-appealable only after 30 days have passed from the last denial (if any).

Thank you for your cooperation in this new stage.

<Hidden>

User

Alene

User

<Hidden>

User

3rd! like a boss

<Hidden>

User

<Hidden>

User

I haven't seen or heard of any Staff harassment... But okay... Do what you want ^^

Wayer

User

Alright then, that's something new to NE

<Hidden>

User

Now this is good. Great step for ne :3.

I hope to be back soon NE maybe another week or so.

<Hidden>

User

What about former staff? I know it was banned before to say in game or on the forums if you used to be staff and to say who you were.

<Hidden>

User

A big change indeed.

Jem

User

@ Mordhaus: Former and current staff are allowed to talk bout being staff BUT they may not use that information to abuse rules or other staff/players.
Please see the new changes in the Community Protection Policies and Procedures

With staff being allowed to decide if they want to reveal their play identities or not it might be hard to tell if someone is an actual staff or not and scammers could easily trick you. For this reason, nobody is allowed to impersonate or claim to be a current or ex-member of the staff, with the purpose of using this information to abuse existing rules or others. If you see anyone doing so please take a screenshot to report the person. Also please note that for your own security you do not say you are a GM, not even for fooling around or joking as it could be perceived that your are trying to trick others and then actions will be taken to your account(s).

I will also remind you of the harassment rules:

Any kind of staff related information, regardless of whether you gained the information while being a member of the staff, from an ex-staff member or from any other source are not to be given further to anyone! This is not because we want to hide things from you but it is important to stop any kind of rumors about false or incomplete information in order to prevent misconceptions.
While we allow our staff to play on the server as well we also allow them to chose to separate their staff and play identities by deciding if they want to reveal their play characters or not and to whom.
So the harassment of players about their actual or possible staff status, or to try to obtain privileges, to complain about staff/server issues or to annoy is unacceptable and will be considered a serious offense which could lead to loss of your character(s) & account(s).

<Hidden>

User

I remember that time when I found out that some guy was a GM and then I said it in global and ADMIN summoned me and bribed me 20k gold to not tell anyone.

Kranith

User

Lol Sab you should have reported him hahahah!!!

Btw gratz NE, I think this is a real step forward for our server.
Just a question, what happens if I meet in a bg or raid or whatever a staff member's character and he/she makes a bad thing and some1 tells that he/she is a noob or similar??
Hahah permaban spam :D

<Hidden>

User

How will you guys deal with Staff Impersonation now? Since now one can only asume anyone who says is staff is probably telling the true

<Hidden>

User

least now I know why I liked falore, lol. hai! :D

<Hidden>

User

This is a great job, indeed. Keep up the good work.

<Hidden>

User

lol read the thread, then read the comments and was like LOL... It doesn't really change anything for the community I think,

There where players claiming to be staff before and also people that believed it even if it wasn't true.
Now it's pretty much the same story. If they could act on people that called them a noob in a bg or something it would have been happening even before this rule change. I highly doubt a staff member that is playing on his normal toon ingame can just log his staff char and ban you only for you calling him noob.

Yes people on staff also play the game like everyone, but then again it's on you to just believe or not believe what another player tells you. The not so smart people will fall for scams by people claiming to be staff but that also happened before this rule change I'm sure lol...

All in all I'll just keep playing and see what happens, I doubt I'll have any trouble with this change since I behave myself and don't break any rules.

The people feeling scared about this are probably trolls or just pushing rules always and are scared to get caught faster now lol.. Staff was always around ingame, they always watched us..

<Hidden>

User

now you just put big bull's eye on your back
if i see you in RBGs ill ignore all other hordes and target only you

Mystique

User

Interesting new change .. Honestly I never got why the players were so intent on finding out who a staff members play toons were. I had several hunt for me in game when I was a Mod but whatever. It is will be nice to see how this plays out and hopefully the staff don't get the harassment in game.

Korfane

User

Me thinks this is a bad idea. Just sayin.

<Hidden>

User

and again the useless "first" comment is posted...

<Hidden>

User

Woah I was in icc once with Falore... Nice dmg :D

BrutalKill

User

It would be nice if people would stop harassing anyone on NE and find something productive to do. I have heard the excuse that people troll cause they are bored or for w/e reason they find acceptable. So harassing the community is your first thought? Really... Personally I think they are many other things to do on NE that are a lot more constructive. I have been back on the server for almost 2 years now and have never been bored to the point that I felt the need to hurt people in the community. Would be nice if we all worked together to make NE a friendly and fun place for all for the benifet of us all. Obviously the staff cares and has taken a step to further help NE... Lets all show the staff our support and work with them to make NE shine.

Caleyan

User

I appreciate you're willingness to be transparent with us. I can only hope that this will not cause strife for you. If it does you probably know the report system for harassment much better than I.

rudmor

User

I see a bad moon rising... I see that trouble's on the way...

<Hidden>

User

It's easy to deal with people claiming to be staff. If someone says "I am on staff" or "I was on staff" you can use a player report ticket and an admin will review it. The admins can see who is or was on staff or not. It'd be a really serious risk for someone to make a false claim like that because it sounds like they will not take kindly to people who violate this rule change.

<Hidden>

User

I agree with some of the players above. I feel this is a bad idea. The sense of mystery from the staff was what made it felt so professional to me. But never-less my trust and cooperation is always with Blackswann and Ysabel's decisions. At least now, we can see the server as a server that is played by the community, run by the community. As what Blackswann would like to call it "One big happy family :)'. So lets see how this plays out.

~

<Hidden>

User

I agree that this is a terrible idea. Good in theory, not in practice. You're basically saying "LOOK AT ME, I'M STAFF, PLEASE BOTHER ME"... no matter how much you tell people they're not allowed to do it, they're going to anyway. Oh well, I guess there's no going back now though...

You need to be logged in to reply.