Forums
Forums >>> >>>
Vote Points
Vote Points

<Hidden>

User

i said the same... and i agree with ur idea... but well seems they all care in other things instead of ppl opinions and constructive criticism

<Hidden>

User

You guys all have horrible ideas. They're stupid and you're only thinking in your own intrest, rather than the intrest of the server.
This method was obviously thought out. I don't know why I argue with people whose biggest helper in life would be SPELLCHECK.

<Hidden>

User

Says the spell checker God only in the interest <-- of the server.

Sure this method was thought out and thought through thoroughly, but they should also take in account that the happier the people and/or clients are, the more they would 'promote' this site and obviously with the chain reaction more voting will occur. But like Nerion also said that there are a lot of bugs on the system (personal experience as well) The least they can promise is a promising stable server that doesn't kick you every half an hour or less.

But, back to the situation at hand, I am not saying these ideas are horrible or not relevant, but it's seriously annoying to wait a week for 1 VP to come through so that you can receive the item you have been wishing to own for quite a while.

I believe that Neverendless is able of creating a awesome system and we as end-user are already very grateful for how far they have come with this service, I have only been on here for a few months, 4 at the most and I do like it. It does have it glitches sometimes and its bugs but that will be sorted out.

All that I'm saying is that they should maybe think about the end-users because after all, we are what keeps this server alive.

<Hidden>

User

"Why are you getting less points now, than in the old vote system?

The 'value' of 1 vote point has changed, each vote point is now much more valuable than it used to be. 1 Vote doesn't equate to 1 vote point, and as a result, items are much much cheaper in the new vote shop.

32 Vote points used to buy you a Green item, maybe a low-end blue, now it buys you Relentless Gladiator's Gear and other top-end epics. In other words, you can do more with less points now.
This is also part of the reason that the points were reset at the beginning of April - people who had saved up say 200 vote points would be able to buy most of the Relentless Gear in the shop." ~its on the post up top.

lemme do my formula here, this is what they posted, sure they got relentless now, but lets use other epic for example.
Dual-Blade butcher Heroic = 32vp, same as the relentless stuff,.

~on the old Voting System: Dual-Blade butcher heroic = 100vp, wont take u 2 weeks to get it for sure.

~on the NEW voting system: Dual-Blade butcher heroic = 32vp, it will take u 3 WEEKS to get it, when u get 13 vp a week.

looking at this will explain everything. you're basically forcing us to be lazy voting, by discouraging us on the rewards. and that doesnt help anyone..

KizzyBell

User

Id be perfectly happy with the new voting system if you are awarded 1 vote point per 1 vote you put in, then I would feel the incentive to have others voting as well because we would all love to receive bonus's.

Sure I would love to have more people on this server, but I don't feel the need to try and get people into a place where things feel unfair. Word of mouth travels fast... When things are good people will vote and tell their friends to vote, I've personally always had a link on my guild website to remind guildies to vote every 12 hours. Now, I don't blame a single one of them for not wanting to vote. Studies have in fact shown that when people are dissatisfied with something they will tell no less then 7 people, those 7 people in turn relay that message to another 7, were now at 58 people and it will continue to grow and multiply reaching numbers you don't want to imagine. Base line, it could potentially and eventually destroy all that you guys have worked to create.

This is why I believe that extra vote points should be rewarded as a bonus, like as if it was a job, since technically it is "working for the server," the players come in and vote, essentially putting forth the effort to assist the server in getting more players and are rewarded with vote points. This resembles "Base Pay" in a job. The hours you work, by the amount that you make. So why not have the Voter be able to get 1 point for each vote, they don't vote, they don't get the points. I like the whole weekly reward system, its a very good idea. No, its not "instant gratification" its actually earned, even in game you wouldn't be able to walk up to a vendor and instantly get your Relentless gear without having to work for it first. Now, the Incentive to increase votes would be like a weekly goal, put up a figure for them. "This week we need to reach this point, if this happens then you will get bonus Vote points." Theres the incentive, Knowing that more people will be willing to put forth more effort in knowing they may receive a bonus, If they don;t receive said bonus, then it gives them more reason to ask others to vote and use that word of mouth. Post the goal, and a tracker throughout the week so people can see where they are standing and what they need to do in order to succeed. They can't be blindly led by a promise of "oh you will get paid more if you vote, and I know you voted the ideal number, but you are only going to get paid a small portion.. so tell others to vote too." Thats what cause the riot over the entire voting system yesterday, and even myself to be irritated enough to try and say something about it.

I understand it's all numbers and business, so work it like an actual business.. I really hope my input isn't ignored. Thanks for at least taking the time to read it. <3

<Hidden>

User

I'd like to add a few things to Alerion's excellent points. Here's another way to look at it:

Old system:
To get a 100-point item, you could earn it by voting perfectly for 10 days. (11 max votes per day + instant gratification)

New system:
To get a 32-point item, you could earn it by voting perfectly for 7-21 days. (depending on the server's performance on the 3 ranking sites)

A month of perfect voting on the old system could earn a player:
1. 3 100-point epics plus change
2. 2 100-point epics, a good trinket, plus change
3. 1 100-point epic, 2-3 good trinkets, plus change

A month of perfect voting on the new system could earn a player (barring discounts):
1. 4 32-point epics and change
2. 3 32-point epics, a good trinket, plus change
3. 2 32-point epics, 2 good trinkets, plus change
4. 1 32-point epic, 3-4 good trinkets, plus change
5. 2 32-point epics, plus change
6. 1 32-point epic, 1 or 2 good trinkets, plus change
7. 1 32-point epic and 1 good trinket, plus change
8. 1 32-point epic, plus change

In the new system, cases 1-4 are indeed better than the old system, but they require high ranking in all 3 vote sites. This is not the case at the moment, as for one reason or another, a portion of the players just won't vote. They can't be convinced to care about voting, either.

One key difference between the two systems is that the rate of reward is variable. In the old system, players could predict when they could get their desired items. This is not the case in the new system. While variable reward schedules do work in promoting behavior (which is why people get addicted to slot machines), this is tied to the condition that the players will not reach a satiety point with the vote shop.

Slot machines work because people can't get enough money; they'll keep playing as long as they earn. The vote shop, on the other hand, offers rewards that have higher alternatives elsewhere; most people will only vote until they'e geared up for ICC or reached full Relentless. Once a player reaches that satiety point, he will see no need to keep voting. The "sense of community" that seems to drive the vote shop can only go so far, since maxed-out individuals will be making an effort for zero rewards. In fact, continuing to vote will only help others match your levels and possibly beat you.

Reaching that satiety point will also effectively decrease the number of votes coming in, unless the server is constantly replenished with new players. If rankings drop due to player disinterest in voting, the rate at which the server gets new player will drop, further lowering the value of votes at the vote shop.

One way to work around this worst-case scenario is to address player satisfaction directly. Players who are happy with the server are more likely to recommend it, thus increasing the rate at which the server gets new players.

I understand that bug-fixing and other permanent improvements are difficult to implement, but one way to increase player satisfaction is to make rewards more predictable. Predictable reward schedules spike the rate at which desired behaviors are exhibited by a significant amount. By offering real-time conversion of votes to points or by offering fixed bonuses to regular voters, players will feel like they're headed somewhere, that they aren't being ripped off for the effort they put into voting. This, in turn, increases player satisfaction and will hopefully increase recommendations long enough for the server to implement more permanent improvements.

Thanks for reading! :D

KizzyBell

User

I like the way you think Lunare :D
Glad somebody is on the same level with this as I am!

You need to be logged in to reply.