Forums
Forums >>> >>>
Account purge and stuff...
Account purge and stuff...

Blackswann

Owner/Founder

Account and Character clean up…

On Tuesday September 17th at 8pm server time we will be doing an account and character cleanup for data not used in the last 12 months. This will mean that players will need to login to every account and character you want to keep. We are doing this to prepare to move to the Marine Core as soon as possible.

The new Marine core will go into production within a week after the purge. The new updated 3.3.5 core has nearly 99% of spells and talents working as well as better PVE scripts for things such as ICC and 5 man instances. We will of course find issues as with any update but I firmly believe that this will be a huge upgrade for the community.

Once we are solidly stable on the new core we will be focusing on the 4.3.4 upgrade for the Deathwing realm and our upcoming October PVP Arena ladder tournament. This combine with the festivities of the Halloween events will get us thru October of 2013.

<Hidden>

User

Thanks for the pre-warning. Have to re-download, but got enough of a warning. Excited by seeing the numbers "4.3.4" in a news post!

Sackrot

User

Thanks NE, ive kinda busy since months ago, thanks for the warning, also, theres anyway i can recustom? my objects doesnt have their stats.

<Hidden>

User

Good idea, in our Guild out of 620 players about 400 have not been online for more than 12 months i think its about time we clean up the dead wood (so to speak).

Kranith

User

Really Good NE!! Keep the good work going! ;)

<Hidden>

User

nice one...so ineed to log all my 16 accounts starting today..hehehehe

hollow_sk

User

Oh, God!I have 32 characters to login...

Augh

User

Just to make it clear to me: The purge affects Arthas only, or even Deathwing?

<Hidden>

User

lol i have nothing to worry about :)

<Hidden>

User

<Hidden>

User

Thanks NE, ive kinda busy since months ago, thanks for the warning, also, theres anyway i can recustom? my objects doesnt have their stats.

https://www.neverendless-wow.com/donate/custom2/new/reclaim/

thx NE for the warn, and im happy we get another character clean up. lets see if I can finaly take the name I always wanted ^^

<Hidden>

User

Good job, Neverendless-wow!!!! you are the best and one of greatest server!!!!!!!!!!

Archmaiden

User

Holy great news NE!!! That is awesome :)

Wayer

User

What if you won't be online on tuesday, like when you CAN'T be online :o?

<Hidden>

User

I have to take a moment to commend and thank all of you for the outstanding work you do here at NE. After a long hiatus resulting from my old private server closing down, I have found nothing but solid professionalism and good spirited staff here. Thank you all for your hard work and giving me another home.

<Hidden>

User

is this means i will get
http://armory.neverendless-wow.com/items/arthas/189590

lol maybe you should delete whole DEATHWING realm
yesterday i log on all of mine deathwing accounts and i was the onlyone online
i had entire server for myself
but there was nobody to play with :(

shame for all those accounts that will be deleted
so many hours going for good
maybe you should put those accounts on auction????
if not for vote points then for chips
someone (not me) might want to buy second hand rearly used accont in mint condition

<Hidden>

User

Hmm account for Auction would be a good idea actually ....Bobby could make some money and we could get some toons we never had before.

I agree ,want not ,waste not

Caleyan

User

Ah, it's nice to be informed about these things! I look forward to seeing the upcoming changes =) I also hope I will be able to participate in some of the Halloween events if I am not overburdened with homework.

<Hidden>

User

Just to confirm, all we need to do is to log into each character correct? That will be enough to show they are active still?

Dune

Head Moderator

The account purge will affect all accounts and characters* not logged in for the past 12 months. This will include characters on the Deathwing realm. To ensure your characters are not deleted you should log in to ALL characters you wish to keep. You have roughly 24 hours from the time of this post to log in your characters before the purge is scheduled to start.
* We reserve the right to change the requirements to prevent a character from being deleted however established and active characters will not be affected.

thesoldier

User

yo juego wow todos los dias dejando la familia y los estudios de lado, tambien me afecta la purga

thesoldier

User

hay algun cambio en el realmist ?
y si la hay me lo puede decir para cambiarlo

Crogge

Administrator

The purge has been executed as planned today, we deleted only characters with the following criteria:

"Below level 80 + Less than 2h playtime + Last login 1 year ago + Less than 100g"

We deleted only characters which matched all points, so no "Important characters" got deleted even if you didn't login since years.

<Hidden>

User

the purge was great but only 2 days notice was bad, I was able to save my chars but others won't be able to. I like the last purge cause alot more time was given a min of a week should be given, It would also save staff time on the amount of tickets made about lost chars/accounts.

<Hidden>

User

Any further purge beyond that 4 criteria later on?

<Hidden>

User

<Hidden>

User

Why doing a purge if they have to announce it weeks before it happens?!

The meaning of a purge is exactly "purging" people that are not active ;)

GOOD JOB NEVERENDLESS !!

Augh

User

The purge has been executed as planned today, we deleted only characters with the following criteria:

"Below level 80 + Less than 2h playtime + Last login 1 year ago + Less than 100g"

We deleted only characters which matched all points, so no "Important characters" got deleted even if you didn't login since years.

thank god ;) ty!

<Hidden>

User

the purge was great but only 2 days notice was bad, I was able to save my chars but others won't be able to. I like the last purge cause alot more time was given a min of a week should be given, It would also save staff time on the amount of tickets made about lost chars/accounts.

Post was made on the 14th and the purge was done on the 18th. That's 4 days, not 2. They have also announced and then cancelled a purge at least once with in the last year and it may have even been twice. So this was a long time coming.

Plus the criteria they applied was very, very generous. There is no way a significant character was lost if it met all those terms.

<Hidden>

User

Post was made on the 14th and the purge was done on the 18th. That's 4 days, not 2. They have also announced and then cancelled a purge at least once with in the last year and it may have even been twice. So this was a long time coming.

Plus the criteria they applied was very, very generous. There is no way a significant character was lost if it met all those terms.

I do agree the criteria saved alot of chars.

by my time it was posted 00:23, 15 Sep 2013 and the purge was 19:00, 17 Sep 2013 so it was closer to 3 days really time zone can make it seem like 4. it was about 64 hours.

I have a few chars that I have not played in a bit that I am going to lvl that have gotten items from events that I would not like to lose, and items that I used alot of vote points for twink gear. I have about 40 chars so some sit for a bit without me playing them.

I have a life so I can't play everyday, if I went less then 3 days without playing I would have lost chars I put time and effort in to making.

If a week notice was given it would allow people that still play here say once a week to make sure all their chars are safe. and people that are really inactive would still be deleted.

You need to be logged in to reply.