Forums
Forums >>> >>>
Vote Points
Vote Points

Development Team Leader

User

Some of you will have noticed today that you got fewer vote points than you were expecting. .

The reason you got fewer points than you were expecting is because we got less votes than we were expecting. I'll give you some numbers in a minute, but the bottom line is that being so low on XtremeTop100 is not acceptable, and as a result no points were awarded for XtremeTop100 this week. If you guys pick up the voting and get us ranked higher on Xtreme then you will get many more points next week.

Lets get down to the numbers. From the time the vote sites reset at the beginning of the month until today it's been 7 days. With the 12 hour cooldown on XtremeTop100 that's a maximum of 14 possible votes per unique IP Address.
18,300 people filled out the captcha here on our Website to go to XtremeTop100.
In those 18,300 votes there were 6,000 Unique IP Addresses, not unreasonable since we not only allow you to vote on multiple accounts from the same IP Address (a 'bonus' which we're seeing less and less reason to allow you to have - we don't get anything from you voting a second time on the same site from the same IP within one cooldown period, but we let you do this anyway because we're nice) and also because within the week each IP can vote up to 14 times.
Heres where the figures get ugly - 6,000 Unique IP Addresses should mean at least 6,000 votes at the absolute minimum.
This week on Xtreme we got 2,200.
We credit 18,300 votes to your accounts here on Neverendless, and you give us 2,200 votes in return. Even assuming that each Unique IP Address only votes once (which we can see happens 3 times on average) then Xtreme should be counting 6,000 Votes.

Similar stats play out for the other two vote sites, although at least there we're only 4th/5th this week instead of 2nd/3rd where we were a few weeks ago.

Pick up your game please ladies and gentlemen. If we rank highly on these vote sites, then you get points, the higher we rank, the more points you get. 5 Minutes of your time, even just once a day or a few times a week, and we'll be in the top 10 where we should be.

There's a guide on how to vote properly here: https://www.neverendless-wow.com/support/kb/article/56-how-to-vote-correctly. Please make sure you read it, and that you understand how to ensure your vote gets counted. Talk to your friends and guild mates, make sure they know, and understand how and why they should vote properly. Don't just say "well why should I bother to vote properly or encourage other people" - it is in your interests as players to make sure that Neverendless gets as many votes as possible on the sites so that you will get as many vote points as possible.

We're hoping later today to bring some changes in to how the Voting system works, but the bottom line is going to stay the same:

Help Neverendless get as many votes as possible, and you will be helping yourself get as many vote points as possible.

<Hidden>

User

NIce job guys will bring some sence into some of those people who dont vote

Xijek

User

Thanks for letting us know. I was wondering why the vote count was so low. NE could and SHOULD be in the top three every single month. Let's get it up NE!

<Hidden>

User

No disrespect intended, but I dont think that just dismissing the points from XtremeTop 100 was a very fair thing to do. Many of us diligently vote as often as we can and look forward to the vote points arrival so that we can gear the characters that we spent many-a-day leveling. This week i was unable to get any rewards that I had been looking forward to, especially since the vote points were delayed several days from before the beginning of the month. I ask you to please find a better alternative than to deprive us of our hard earned vote points.

Xijek

User

No disrespect intended, but I dont think that just dismissing the points from XtremeTop 100 was a very fair thing to do.

It's kind of like being on a sports team. We either win together, or we lose together. I had 35 votes this week. But I understand where they're coming from. We're ranked 20th right now on XtremeTop 100. That's an embarrassment, considering how good this server is. Continue to vote and we'll be rewarded.

<Hidden>

User

I guess Xijek, but surely something can be implemented to reward the people who actually vote regularly and properly but to exclude people who dont do so from getting vote points.

Development Team Leader

User

I guess Xijek, but surely something can be implemented to reward the people who actually vote regularly and properly but to exclude people who dont do so from getting vote points.

If it could have been, it would have been.

<Hidden>

User

But why there is a 1000+ votes difference on XT100 comparing to the other 2 sites? Are they counted from a different point in time or what?

<Hidden>

User

meh that's like :/ :( :'( :| :)

<Hidden>

User

well, seems kinda fair tbh, just hope ppl get up on their feet again and start doing things properly

<Hidden>

User

not voting anynore for this kind of system.... u get the points according the amount u vote not the amount of others.. period..

Development Team Leader

User

not voting anynore for this kind of system.... u get the points according the amount u vote not the amount of others.. period..

If you don't vote, you won't get any points at all and you'll be infinitely worse off.
If you do vote but don't particularly care about whether Neverendless gets lots of votes or not, then you'll get some points, not a huge amount.
If you vote and actively encourage others to do so, and do so correctly then Neverendless gets lots of votes, the players get lots of points, and everybody is happy.

We would love to award you individually for voting properly, but unfortunately the only measure of whether or not Neverendless is actually getting votes is how the community is voting as a whole.
We want votes, you want points, the math seems simple here. We want to give you points, we want votes, you want more points. You give us more votes, we give you more points.

With a system such as the one we have now, the you who aren't voting properly are as much your problem as they are ours. We're trying to encourage you to vote, and to educate them on how to do so properly, any way we can. To quote the film 'Wanted' - What the **** have you done lately?

<Hidden>

User

alls fair in love and war..

voting helps the players, and voting correctly helps the server.

maybe a suggestion like double points week, to get all the lazy ass ppl voting.. compare numbers, and if it worked, cool, if not.. no vote points.

some of the items that arent obtainable ingame (cache loot) should be added to the voteshop. <---up for consideration.

And add cool items, such as ToC hc trinkets.. at a higher cost ofc, that would get alot of votes rolling in. Considering the amount of melee players and the demand for Death's choice / Verdict (Hc)

Use it, dont, just my thought.

<Hidden>

User

Just on a side note , on several occasions when trying to vote for XT100 the captcha code doesnt appear for me . I dnt knw if it is a problem on their side or if my browser doesnt load the captcha's but for some reason it has the vote button but no code to input ...

<Hidden>

User

bleah....if u guys would actualy add ITEMS in VS maybe players will be motivated to vote ..but since i last told u guys to add toc trinkets in VS nothing has been done so ofc there are no votes most ppl are geared and the ppl that arent geared will gear much easier ingame than from VS so ...why vote??? Add gear to VS and rethink the system and the reward system and advertise more or something and im sure ppl will vote more....cutting vote points for ppl that actualy vote isnt a solution at all ...because ppl that vote can get very frustrated and u may actualy loose some important ppl ...they can stop voting ....so on my opinion ur solution is the worst that can be....u guys want votes ...ok i get that ...but u shouldnt express it like that cause its not all about what u want..its also about what WE the players want and NEED... and i think most of us need more players on NE which means BETTER pvp EXPERIENCE...and MORE donations Which MEANS MORE MONEY FOR THE SRV...thats how the prob should be put....BUT THATS JUST WHAT I THINK!!!!

PS: Havent played in a while on NE cause im now playing cata on some other srv but i just w8 for NE to go cata ...as Blackswann sayd it should probably be the best Cata SRV ....so i w8 for that ...i wanna see that ppl care for the NE players>>>LOVE U ALL AND ALL MY BEST REGARDS TO NE PLAYERS AND COMUNITY

<Hidden>

User

Faydeath has a bit of a point regarding the items offered in the vote shop. Most people only use the vote shop to gear their characters to the level of relentless and, once they have 10 characters of different classes, they will just stop voting as they see no reason how it benefits them in any way.

You may argue, "We've told you all MILLIONS of times that it attracts more people to the server" but is that the MAIN thing that people want? It isn't coming from an average players point of view. We don't care if there are only 5 other people on the server, all we want is to be able to KILL them.

If you see that point at which I'm getting at, the staff of Neverendless should be trying to attract people to the server but that shouldn't be their first priority. Their first priority should be to make the people who are already playing on the server happening. If you do that news about how great the server is will spread.

HAPPY PLAYER = A GOOD SERVER

This recent incident DIDNT MAKE US HAPPY

<Hidden>

User

hey guys i agree with what stewart mentioned,and its true with xijek's mentioned too.. we win as a team or lose as a team.

lets help NE to go to the top in EXTREME.

does a minute of your time could be a waste or just a maximum 5 minutes to vote is hard to do?

come on guys!!!!! WAKE UP!!!!!!!

its very simple, if 6000 IP Address (thats minimum and metioned above on this article) will vote even once a day...NE would get 6000 votes per day and for 7 days we (NE Community ofc, includes you and me and everyone playing here) get 42000 votes..

so tell me what is the hardest part of voting for?

hope we could make it.

warbringer

User

hahahaha I loved Development Team's end quote, I've been voting properly recently :D hey Development Team, your name is my last name :D

<Hidden>

User

ever thought about adding the vote shop of the month?? maybe that is one reason for people to vote less since you guys didnt stick to your promises.. just saying.

<Hidden>

User

hahaha...well said stewart. i love the last part as well as xinsc,,,

all those lazy people no votes no points...thats it..come in game and il kik ur ***!

all i can say is do it first before complaining... we get nothing for cmplaining guys.

<Hidden>

User

Maybe we can do like you can only Vote in 1 account and if you don't fill both capchas right the vote doesn't count ? that would actually make people to start voting and to fill capchas

<Hidden>

User

No disrespect or anything but i think alot of why people dont vote or dont vote properly is because things just arnt getting fixed i mean personally for the pvp side of things and customs.....its just not fun anymore i mean nuttin works correctly and its very irritating. People get 2 hit, ArP, Hit, Res are all bugged, people are stacking talents now, alot of main spells and talants arnt working correctly just to name a few things and i just dont find it fun anymore because issues like these (which are the main big issues) just arnt getting fixed. Server is fun and all but i just find that myself and alot of people i play with and are friends with think the same thing.

<Hidden>

User

I tend to vote when I need something for a specific character and when my real life schedule allows for it. I'm satisfied with what's in the vote shop and those items serve their purpose. I could really care less about fixes to the website or spontaneous in game events. I played retail WoW starting with beta and up to Cata 4.1. What I would like to see from this server that would make it "Blizz-like" is fixing things that are broken in game. When I played 3.3.3 and 3.3.5 on retail, my client was patched and the servers were working. Scripted encounters and quests worked. There were a few minor bugs but those got hot fixed by Blizzard and were on the server side not on the client side. In short our clients are patched so NE needs to play some serious catchup or they may continue to be left behind other servers. This is not a threat but its a fact if NE intends to continue competing with other servers. Show us that you can truly BE "Blizz-like"!! The challenge is made NE, now its on you to follow through.

townshend

User

I'll be honest - that system sucks. I've been voting, expecting, hoping to get at least 30+ ... But cuz of other people who dont want to vote - i am getting harmed. Why do i have to suffer cuz of them?

townshend

User

No disrespect or anything but i think alot of why people dont vote or dont vote properly is because things just arnt getting fixed .... dont find it fun anymore because issues like these (which are the main big issues) just arnt getting fixed. Server is fun and all but i just find that myself and alot of people i play with and are friends with think the same thing.

Agree, server is not focusing on fixing stuff. I still cant get why dont we have FoS PoS and even OS? And i am not talking about COMPLETELY bugged ToC10/25 and ToC5men dung.

Why dont we have them? Why cant you fix them?

<Hidden>

User

Thanks for letting us know. I was wondering why the vote count was so low. NE could and SHOULD be in the top three every single month. Let's get it up NE!

Not on ly for top three.. if those 6000 IP address counted we could be the number 1

dont be lazy people...NE counted 18k votes but in return 2200 votes only? do ur job help this site improve not only for better but for best.

<Hidden>

User

The fact is that we would vote if:
1) We can buy things we need in the voteshop
2) The server fixed up the main bugs
3) If the server didnt take away vote points that we earned

<Hidden>

User

I am totally disappointed this time Development Team. I vote regularly, even if I am busy I try to find a way to vote and I vote every single day twice, as you may check my votes - and now received almost nothing. If this continue I officially say that from all the time I vote, if this happen again I will stop voting.

<Hidden>

User

I was waiting with so big patience to receive my points as every week and when I saw what I got I said - What is happening? I am really disappointed, if you continue doing this you'll loose more votes than you can imagine, unfortunately. :(

<Hidden>

User

I got only 29 points this time, I was expecting to get about 40 or 50, because of my activity every single week, but I am thinking now of voting so much next time.

You need to be logged in to reply.