Forums
Forums >>> >>>
Vote Points
Vote Points

<Hidden>

User

no offence NE but u got to face the truth i mean how long can we ignore its actually the population decline that decreased the votes and the whole reason for the population decline is Catacalysm

cat

User

I will say this much, I have been on this server for almost 6 months. In that 6month period there has not been one week where I have voted less that 12-15 times. This past voting period I accumulated 34 total votes and ended up with only 28 vote points. Neverendless is under NO obligation to even allow us to accquire FREE gear! So if you have a complaint, maybe you should help the rest of us pull together and speak your voice "in-game." Remind people, even once a day with /yell, or in the Trade Channels to vote. WE are an online community, and as a whole, if we work together and support one another, there is no reason why NE cant be in the top 5 on EVERY site at a minimum!...work together, support one another, and we will be just fine.

we are under no obligation to vote. they offer us items in exchange for getting the server advertised, seems like a good deal, yes?
it is a good deal when we get the right amount of votes, but when they go and punish everybody like that, taking the people who voted hard, then i call BS.

<Hidden>

User

1 honest clear fact

Majority of the population is now following donation system...since thy already are gettin almost everything by donating thy dont feel the need to evn use the vote shop.

<Hidden>

User

thos who vote keep on voting and those who donate keep on donating.. and the NE STAFF pliz warn us before u do this kind of thing again.. keep in mind that we are the ones who raise ur rank.. NOW LET ME VOTE IN PEACE...

<Hidden>

User

It's kind of like being on a sports team. We either win together, or we lose together. I had 35 votes this week. But I understand where they're coming from. We're ranked 20th right now on XtremeTop 100. That's an embarrassment, considering how good this server is. Continue to vote and we'll be rewarded.

I like this guy :).
Now stop bickering players and show a little pride in the server.
Stop being greedy and vote properly.
It was explained clearly why we did not get points for that site, "WE" as a community failed, so please stop with the "I" as it does not matter even 1% in the grand scheme of things.
To the ones who vote properly I want to thank you personally.

Dimples

User

Another point I forgot, why not upgrade to 3.3.5a, allot of Northrend servers in the top 100 are at 3.3.5a, surely we could get there as well. Why are we stuck at 3.3.3? I know the change is not that significant, but it at least looks like we are "keeping up with the Joneses!"

We have been on patch 3.3.5 (12340) for quite some time now, if I remember right since last year, actually. So perhaps it's time for you to catch up with the rest of us who are playing on this patch ;)

Now as for the current argument. I think you all missed the point that Neverendless tried to make when they withheld the Vote Points from Xtreme. There is not enough correct voting going on! Meaning; actually filling out both Captchas.

Sure there are a bunch of you that have been voting correctly and we do appreciate that, but the point we are now trying to make is for everyone who didn't, because really the last few months they have been rewarded for the correct voting you all have been doing. How is that fair?
This is not a punishment for you loyal voters, but a wake-up-call for the ones who have not been voting correctly.

The VotePoints are a token of Gratitude from Neverendless, a reward for voting for the server, but why should we reward everyone if there is currently nothing to be grateful for? The 20st place, that's just ridiculous, we should be a lot higher.

Hopefully you will all stop finding reasons of why there is no voting going on, because honestly that's just nonsense. You get to play for free every day and all we ask in return is a few minutes of everyone's time for which we also reward you.

So instead of arguing a fair decission start encouraging your fellow players to vote correctly, because in the end it is you, the players, who decide how many votes you get at the end of the week.

<Hidden>

User

Honestly and im sorry for saying this but with all the buggs crashes and roll backs, i myself have cutback on Proxy voteing for NE... ins and outs it's allmost kind of sad PRIME example in http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv228/xtreamchaos/WoWScrnShot_101011_112946.jpg you can CLEARLY see i have the item still linked on my HUD on the bottom right, however the trinket spot's now empty... it cost me 50 triumph... aka 10 VH runs10 minns a run = 100mins well over an hour that takes a week to earn.. what a waste.. i'm not wrighting this for a debate im meerly explaining my absence on the voteing sites. I refuse to do it for NE anymore in hopes they will reconsider there Policy on returning lost items Especialy in circumstances like this...i know im one of the manny over 3yr players here and ive come to realise our cash is worth refunding but not our Time.. even back when customs were Cheap 8-/ want my votes back it's item=48724. I know it may be one of the cheaper items but throughout my time here ive lost 100's of items and it's geting to the point it's not the worth that counts it's the fact that this is Clearly a problem for alot of people

<Hidden>

User

Another point I forgot, why not upgrade to 3.3.5a, allot of Northrend servers in the top 100 are at 3.3.5a, surely we could get there as well. Why are we stuck at 3.3.3? I know the change is not that significant, but it at least looks like we are "keeping up with the Joneses!"

We have been on patch 3.3.5 (12340) for quite some time now, if I remember right since last year, actually. So perhaps it's time for you to catch up with the rest of us who are playing on this patch ;)

Oh, please. You're staff and you don't know that we don't actually HAVE what 3.3.5a does. We do /NOT/ have Ruby Sanctum.

I do agree that people don't fill in both the captchas. Hell, even I don't. I'll vote when I see that the server deserves it.

Shmanoftwman

User

I will say this much, I have been on this server for almost 6 months. In that 6month period there has not been one week where I have voted less that 12-15 times. This past voting period I accumulated 34 total votes and ended up with only 28 vote points. Neverendless is under NO obligation to even allow us to accquire FREE gear! So if you have a complaint, maybe you should help the rest of us pull together and speak your voice "in-game." Remind people, even once a day with /yell, or in the Trade Channels to vote. WE are an online community, and as a whole, if we work together and support one another, there is no reason why NE cant be in the top 5 on EVERY site at a minimum!...work together, support one another, and we will be just fine.

we are under no obligation to vote. they offer us items in exchange for getting the server advertised, seems like a good deal, yes?

it is a good deal when we get the right amount of votes, but when they go and punish everybody like that, taking the people who voted hard, then i call BS.

I understand whre you are coming from my friend, but as u said "we are under no obligation to vote." Well sir, NE is under NO obligation to award vote points or free gear either. The vote shop gear and vote points are our INCENTIVE to vote and support our server. WE win together and WE lose together. No server or game is going to be perfect ya know? Just remember, you play for FREE. Free sir, Free, nuff said

Hell-fire

User

I did my best and get rewarded whit less points.
So all, vote please the right way !

poowarrior88

User

The people who don't vote are the ones who DON'T CARE about vote points, so by giving out less vote points, you're only punishing the VOTERS, and that's NOT GONNA HELP YOU. Just a brotip... don't bite the hands that feed you votes...

Dimples

User

Oh, please. You're staff and you don't know that we don't actually HAVE what 3.3.5a does. We do /NOT/ have Ruby Sanctum.

I do agree that people don't fill in both the captchas. Hell, even I don't. I'll vote when I see that the server deserves it.

Read the first quote and read my reply, I was informing him/her that we are already on the patch he/she mentioned. I never said anything about the content so do not make assumptions about what I do and do not know.

Thank you.

THEMADHA773R

User

What's the incentive to vote though, after you get relentless gear there isn't a lot in the Vote Shop worth buying once you level cap. Make certain custom items available in the VS but make them cost ridiculously high VP's and that would cause more people to vote.

Development Team Leader

User

You all can debate the relative attractiveness of the vote shop until the cows come home, but the bottom line is that the real problem is not the number of people voting, it is the number of peopl who are pretending to vote in order to get the points, and not actually voting.

As the article said, 6,000 seperate people "voted", 18,300 "votes", and Neverendless actually gets a mere 2,200.

If any anybody has any reasonable ideas about how to deal with THIS problem, NOT the one you have all been debating about what could be added to the vote shop to make more people vote, then feel free to submit it here.

If you are running into problems after you leave the Neverendless Website, then that's not something we can do anything about but please contact the vote site to report the problem.

Otherwise, we come back to what was said in the article - the best thing you can do to ensure that you get the vote points you deserve is to make sure that you, your friends and Guild Mates understand how to vote PROPERLY so that your vote counts. Read the guide linked in the article, check that you're doing things properly and read the advice given, then make sure your friends all read and understand it too.

Help us to educate other players about how to vote correctly and/or why it's important and in everyone's best interest that they vote correctly. If people weren't scamming the system (deliberately or accidentally) then we'd have got a reasonable amount of votes for the number of people who had 'pretended' to vote. We wouldn't be having this conversation, you would all have more vote points than you know what to do with, and everybody would be happy.

As I said, if anybody has any ideas on how to actually solve the REAL problem, then tell us about it.
Besides that, I don't believe further discussion along the current lines will serve any useful purpose and I am therefore locking this thread.

FrankJScott

Banned

You need to be logged in to reply.