Forums
Forums >>> >>>
Non-Custom Arena Tournament: The End Is Near!
Non-Custom Arena Tournament: The End Is Near!

Ysabel

Director, Operations

The end is near! We have posted a countdown clock so you know exactly how much time you have left to pwn those above you and take the top ranks in the ladder: the tournament ends at 1am server on April 5 (the time of the point flush on that date).

Note that the clock automatically pulls the top 3 rated teams, and is a bit more up-to-date than the Armory's ladder pages (which update weekly). The clock's rankings are only about 15 minutes behind in-game status.

Remember that 50 USD or 50 chips are at stake for each member of the #1 team in each bracket. Now, what are you doing reading this? Time is short! Get back in the arena, and GOOD LUCK!

<Hidden>

User

you guys should make a branch that is no customs and 1 that allows people to have them that way people can still have a fighting chance rather than run into someone with full custom and get wrecked

<Hidden>

User

yeah i wanted that too, but then i realised if that happened, all the non-customs will obviously pick the non-custom branch. Which makes less competitors for the donors. If theres no one queuing for the donor branch, then donating will drop incredibly cause no one would want donor gear if they cant use it.

that also brings me to another question, why are donors queuing in arena, they don't need arena points! xD we non-donors however do D:

<Hidden>

User

:/ i was in the rank 1 5vs5 team but they kick me that shows what friends are for

<Hidden>

User

It goes on until March 5th? I thought Blackswann said it was going to last 30 days.

<Hidden>

User

yeah i agree with python... i thought it was going to be 31th of march... the last day of arena events..
:/ it sucks :/

<Hidden>

User

i really don't get why donors are so miffed with donor items arena!.. Is is that you don't have skills once your items are off!.. and .if you got skills you should not be worried.

Yes you donated and that's a good thing..now dont loose your value QQ ing like kids; and you can use your superior gear in the whole of NE-WOW world..just not arena!

I think you guys are big enough to leave it fair and balanced to every one[including yourself]!.atlease NE staff and blackswan is and i respect that.

Having 2 branches is actually a nice idea..then donors can spar with donors!! and then hopefully there will be less of this QQ...[hopefully]

<Hidden>

User

:/ i was in the rank 1 5vs5 team but they kick me that shows what friends are for

thats why i dont wanna do arenas now.........

<Hidden>

User

@Imarej and Angelheart

Always do arenas with those people who u can trust , who no matter what wont kick or abandon you.
I never kick any1 from my team cuz i always choose to be with friends win loose doesnt matter then.
and evn if some1 has to leave its kind of a curtsey to let ur team mates know for some reason u have to kick or leave the team.
So just pick the right people..cuz idk abt u guys but me and few of my frnz we have been doin arenas from more thn an year and we nvr kick each other lol.

Unni

User

Angelheart before you complain let's tell the things how they really are ok? We have a total of 82 matches and from all of thouse you were active at 7 of them ! So i don't know you but i preffer someone in team that is active and deserves the rewards. "you were in the rank 1 5vs5 team " - yea, thanks for the help to arrive at rank 1 with 7 matches that you played.. and don't put friendship on this subject ok?

<Hidden>

User

unni i dident get the chance to play mush becouse they dident ask me if i wanna play they allways pick others before me i was one of the players online mostly half of the team was offline all the time

soo not my problem if they never gave me the chance to help alote more becouse i was allways there mostly when the rest of the mates was offline

Unni

User

i think that the fact we have 82 matches played shows how much we are online or offline... and to be honest i saw you barely 2 times online, but that doesn't matter.

stenmaster

User

I don't want it to end! :-( And yeah making 2 branches sounds good but wont the donor branch not get very low on population? Cus in my opinion Donors are still afraid to go to other donors...

ironskull

User

WILL I GET MY OLD ARENA TEAM /PERSONAL RATING BACK AFTER THE COMP ?

poowarrior88

User

Many people have full PvP customs because they hate losing to others with moar skill than them. I donated for a few customs to try and even out the playing field against FD's (there's still a sizeable difference in gearscore). This is just my opinion, but I feel that the arena should be a place where true skill shines. I think everyone should have a fair shot at wrathful, using gear easily obtainable in-game or even from the vote shop. Also, I never understood why FD's need to farm arenas... for worse gear? Not everyone can afford customs. Anyway, this is just my two cents. I'm sure our awesome staff will make the best decisions for the community. Stay thirsty my friends

priestesskaori

User

Sure thing is Ne knows whats the best for the server ^ ^ ..

<Hidden>

User

Many people have full PvP customs because they hate losing to others with moar skill than them. I donated for a few customs to try and even out the playing field against FD's (there's still a sizeable difference in gearscore). This is just my opinion, but I feel that the arena should be a place where true skill shines. I think everyone should have a fair shot at wrathful, using gear easily obtainable in-game or even from the vote shop. Also, I never understood why FD's need to farm arenas... for worse gear? Not everyone can afford customs. Anyway, this is just my two cents. I'm sure our awesome staff will make the best decisions for the community. Stay thirsty my friends

well i cant talk for all but.... i only do arena to help a friend of mine get his wrath. after this event we will make a team again and inv a irl friend also. im just gonna help them get the wrath and get some achievs in the meanwhile and when they got it then we dont do arena anymore since we got what we wanted. why others farm arena? well maybe for same reason as me. maybe to get gear for non custom tournaments. maybe they are just bored and want to pvp in a arena setting. all are options and it differs depending on the player(s)

<Hidden>

User

Your donating to help the server your not donating for gear.

<Hidden>

User

^ behold the new GodHammer

<Hidden>

User

i guess according to python every1 here has eyesight problem like him :

and sorry to be in ur face but "donating" does mean ur buying gears.ur solo motive is not to just help server thts mere an excuse(for most of the people m not counting every1 in this),
if thy stop giving customs for donation not evn 20% of the total population will bother to donate.
Its quite simple marketing technique.
But m just glad its working out :P .

<Hidden>

User

lol Python, you are wrong. all ppl donate for pwn items, helping server is just a side effect
i have few customs too, but they are all for pve, in pvp i am going with ingame items :)

You need to be logged in to reply.