Forums
Forums >>> >>>
Ok the winds are going the right direction... Lets do this thing!
Ok the winds are going the right direction... Lets do this thing!

Blackswann

Owner/Founder

So I am hearing a lot of trepidation on the part of the core. I am going to speak to Viarax and Crogge to see if we can have a 3 day core test for you all to try. It would probably be an insta 80 realm for the 3 days with toons having endgame gear thus allowing all to raid, instance and PVP... Let me check with the powers that be and see if it is possible. although it goes without saying the DB would be deleted after...

<Hidden>

User

that would be cool Blackswann

<Hidden>

User

Earlier last cores have been checked with Ysabel and peoples for a week to 2 week but result is in front of us , how would we find in 3 days if the core has any kind of bug issue or not ?

Actually speaking what we mean is a dedicated developer would resolve such issue upon time. Other server i have seen when calling developer in global channel they would appear soon and within 5 to 15 minute resolved the bug.
while currently we have ticket system that answered in a week and get it resolved in a 1 month to many years !!

so Bug tracker-bug resolved things in our server takes a Huge and Lots of time was the reason to have good developer

rene lipman

User

Rip donor lets all start naked

Bode

User

Now this is interesting...

<Hidden>

User

Finally no more custom gear. That's gonna bring me back for sure!!!

Muji

User

what we w8ing for?
let's start ......
Kruijs Where R U buddy?

Wayer

User

Wayer will be back asap.. In any "way"er huehuehue

Blackswann

Owner/Founder

hmmm just think out loud but what if we just started from scratch...

<Hidden>

User

Coming in a point of view from someone who has never donated and has played for 5+ years.

Customs are OP, whatever balance was attempted.

What made me want to quit?
1. Customs - see above
2. OP bugs - lots of it, but the worst one was the talent stacking. I believe lots of people knew it (maybe a few before me) but I am pretty sure I was the first one that "perfected" it. That is stacking 142 talent points.
I am personally guilty of exploiting and enjoying it for few months before reporting and even demonstrating the steps to Bobby. 1 year forward, it was never fixed and everyone is doing it already.

Real reason that made me quit?
1. Player base - w/ custom or not, what's the purpose of playing if there's no one to play with?

There are these left and right reasons why I wanted to quit, but never did until player base sank to 2 digits.

Now you might wonder why NE had high player base even with the customs, personally I think it's because:
1. Custom donors may be OP but still tolerable - just avoid PVPing with them.
2. There's no other stable server until THAT server opened.

What happens when another server opens that solves those two issues? Player base slowly but steadily sank - server dead.

Again, this is just a non-donor point of view that hopes this post could help the revival of NE.

Kranith

User

Coming in a point of view from someone who has never donated and has played for 5+ years.

Customs are OP, whatever balance was attempted.

What made me want to quit?
1. Customs - see above
2. OP bugs - lots of it, but the worst one was the talent stacking. I believe lots of people knew it (maybe a few before me) but I am pretty sure I was the first one that "perfected" it. That is stacking 142 talent points.
I am personally guilty of exploiting and enjoying it for few months before reporting and even demonstrating the steps to Bobby. 1 year forward, it was never fixed and everyone is doing it already.

Real reason that made me quit?
1. Player base - w/ custom or not, what's the purpose of playing if there's no one to play with?

There are these left and right reasons why I wanted to quit, but never did until player base sank to 2 digits.

Now you might wonder why NE had high player base even with the customs, personally I think it's because:
1. Custom donors may be OP but still tolerable - just avoid PVPing with them.
2. There's no other stable server until THAT server opened.

What happens when another server opens that solves those two issues? Player base slowly but steadily sank - server dead.

Again, this is just a non-donor point of view that hopes this post could help the revival of NE.

Sorry bro but I must tell you something:
1) custom gear actually CAN be defeated, you just need to learn how to PvP. xD
2) Talent stacking has been fixed LONG time ago.
3) the other server you're talking about totally sucks: it has an incredibly high ping, **** staff and idiot owner, riddicolous shop prices and after all nothing else than a nice amount of players. They also have A LOT of bugs in pvp and pve.
4) seriously, how can someone even think that the solution to a particular problem may be "avoiding that problem" ?! xD Ofc a full pve pala can't beat a FD shadow priest, but all can be done with the right way. (maybe anticlasses, in example ;) )

hollow_sk

User

@Bobby, I literally have 36 lvl 80s ,most of them with end game gear, so I'd be kind of upset if you reset everything, lol.

also, s/o to WNWA. Looking forward to seeing you again :)

Erocco

User

If this server get's reset I am saying bye bye. There so many times people can re-level characters, re-learn professions etc. I've done it in retail and two private servers including this one. There is no way I want to do it again.

<Hidden>

User

Reset is terrible idea.
Customs are not bad, I just think we need new customs and more content.

Kranith

User

Reset is terrible idea.
Customs are not bad, I just think we need new customs and more content.

Diggory's right :D /agree /clap

Wuu

User

A reset? No! ooh hell noo! Sorry but it's a bad idea!

dragonkiller007

User

Reset is a terrible idea.
also I already used my Votepoints :(

#noresetpls

rudmor

User

Wait reset? What reset? We have to start from lvl 1 again? In that case bb NE! Just take away customs and so on.

Muji

User

Unban all part.
Change Core.
Get new admins and developers.
about reset we can do that in next step.
Smousyyyyyy<3
i miss U niqqa<3
Kraaaaaa Fatest Gnome ever!

rudmor

User

Muji please do us all a fav and DON'T get banned again!

<3

Sushin

User

hmmm just think out loud but what if we just started from scratch...

Realistically that may be required depending what it is you and the team are trying to achieve and what is being reset. I honestly don't know how active i will be but i think i would still be around as long as the people i play with are around, i could always remake a new character. Here are some of my thoughts on that matter..

If everything is reset (levels, gear, gold, guilds/names?) I think the response from the players of NE is fairly evident in the replies to your comment above. Starting from scratch has the risk of potentially driving veteran players away..

However... a full reset is probably one of the better options for the server as a whole; all players would be on an 'even' playing field with no massive gear gap between veterans and newer players, a fresh economy to boot.
(Hell in theory could this involve a full progression through the Wotlk patches too or is that thought going too far? :p)

To really bring this server back it will need more than just the veterans commenting on this post, it will need new players, and they will need a reason to stay here. To me it is reasonable the likelihood of new players staying is increased if potential issues like the economy and gear gaps are removed from the get go.

And with all that said lets see what everyone else thinks...

<Hidden>

User

Sorry bro but I must tell you something:
1) custom gear actually CAN be defeated, you just need to learn how to PvP. xD
2) Talent stacking has been fixed LONG time ago.
3) the other server you're talking about totally sucks: it has an incredibly high ping, **** staff and idiot owner, riddicolous shop prices and after all nothing else than a nice amount of players. They also have A LOT of bugs in pvp and pve.
4) seriously, how can someone even think that the solution to a particular problem may be "avoiding that problem" ?! xD Ofc a full pve pala can't beat a FD shadow priest, but all can be done with the right way. (maybe anticlasses, in example ;) )

That logic only applies if the donor is a newbie or has no good experience in PVP.
1. An FD paladin is always > than a full wrath paladin given the same good skills and pvp experience anytime of the day. Don't give me that BS l2p.
2. I was referring to talent stacking like LONG time ago.
3. nothing else than a nice amount of players <- this is what a server needs to stay alive, it's not just "nothing else". Have you asked yourself what's the difference between these two servers feature/content wise? Go figure.
4. Please tell me the anti class for FD disc :)

jawir93

User

Well i dont like the idea about the reset, but theres something true that Sushin said..."the economy". Right now there are players and guilds with more than 200k gold, A gem can cost you 4k gold (really????), this is a big problem. New players will watch this kind of things in Ne's market and the will just say, byebye. I dont like the idea but i think it is necessary

rudmor

User

My opinion: Gear and level reset is a no-go for me. I hate arena more than anything else on WoW. I have done it once just because I had to. If NE requires me to arena again for gear (which I earned previously via hard-fought vs full donors (I was relentless back then)... no way). In that case it's bye-bye from me. I am all up for the non custom part, but not for the level and gear reset. Gold... I don't care about that at all.

<Hidden>

User

I'm with Smous on this one All though i don't have PVP gear i have tons of time in my characters and i already did it once really don't want to do it again and how would u compensate to all the professions donors i'm sure there isn't any record of that to justify that they got it. I personally donated like 5 chars to have professions.
Gold rest is OK with me but Not Characters.

hollow_sk

User

My opinion: Gear and level reset is a no-go for me. I hate arena more than anything else on WoW. I have done it once just because I had to. If NE requires me to arena again for gear (which I earned previously via hard-fought vs full donors (I was relentless back then)... no way). In that case it's bye-bye from me. I am all up for the non custom part, but not for the level and gear reset. Gold... I don't care about that at all.

It felt good when we could beat FDs with relentless gear though :D

<Hidden>

User

I'm in for gold reset.
As for gear reset, just make sure these are not one time quest/achievement reward or better yet not have any reset regarding items.

<Hidden>

User

Here's my idea for new content:

* Make a new type of customs : Call it Custom Items tier 2 (More powerful)
* Old customs will stay and still be available for purchase through the donor shop.

* Battlemaster Normal events (Heroic gear) (Gs restriction to avoid donors)
* Battlemaster Tier 1 events (invitation required) / (Customs Tier1 rewards)
* Battlemaster Tier 2 events (invitation required) / (Gear Score required) / (Customs Tier2 rewards)
* Customs Tier 2 won't be available for puchase through the donor shop.

* New type of currency dropped (Like Ne doublons)
- Drops on Raids/Dungeons
- Drops on Normal old events
- Purchasable through Arena points
- Every 50 amount of new currency will grant you a Battlemaster Tier 1 event invitation
- Every 100 amount of new currency will grant you a Battlemaster Tier 2 event invitation (Gs still required to participate)

*NOTE that invitation doesn't guarantee the custom reward, player must also win the event.

I think you can do the math that with these kind of system, everyone would have something new to aim for (NEW CONTENT) w/o getting in each other way (QQ about donors) simply cause the content for a donor and a non donor is now different, therefore they don't compete for it anymore.

But that's just my idea...

caraii the awsome rouge

User

I would be a fan of the gold reset, I myself am capped on 2 or 3 characters I believe..

If as a whole the server didn't want to reset the gold completely we could knock it down by a certain percentage..?
Idea: Knock it down 85% and leaves roughly 32.1k at gold cap.. I might personally take it down even lower if that is how we go about it.. But I am not sure how difficult this would be to do..

As for an entire reset of the server, I do not like that idea. That would take away most, if not all, of the reason for me to come back to NE.. I have a lot of play time, achievements, mounts, etc. on many of my characters. And to go back and do it all again would not make me want to come back..

See you all soon.

Wayer

User

I try re-installing again through the connection guide, but the torrent links doesn't work, with one link the torrent doesn't start because of 0 seeds or something.. I don't know.. and at the 2nd link the website doesn't exist anymore.. :(

You need to be logged in to reply.