Forums
Forums >>> >>>
Time is here!!!!!
Time is here!!!!!

Blackswann

Owner/Founder

So here is the dish on what is gonna happen this coming Saturday, August 19th, 2017... Neverendless will no longer be a custom gear realm. You will keep banks, guild banks, reps, all historic values, and achievements. But you will no longer have custom gear. Viarax will be shutting the server off at some point on Friday evening London time. We purged about 10gb of our 30gb database this past weekend of dead data. When the server goes down this time it will be to update the core to our new GEN2 version of 3.3.5 Wrath of the Lich King.
We will be keeping the old customs realm as a fun realm for a little bit but it will be going away very soon. Once we are done with all the backend work we will go live on Sunday afternoon or evening London time and we will be fully converted. We are going to be posting the policy of how we will be doing the gear replacement. Now, think about it. We are only able to replace with in-game gear. If you already have that gear we can't add it again. Professions will not be changed so that is not going to be a factor. I plan on just adding gear, equal to what you had so if you had a full custom set we will give you a full PVP or PvE set. We may also (doing the math on this one atm) add a specific amount of chips to account for donors.
There are so many variables it is going to take me a bit to figure this part out. It will not be a full refund of all chip. Look at it as I do, you all donated and we used the donations to pay developers, servers, storage, and expenses. That money was spent, you got to use the items for a very long time so I feel they have been a pretty fair trade off for all concerned. I am willing to consider replacing some chips and how we will do it is still under discussion. Please don't make silly assed suggestions and jokes or insults for that matter.
As this is currently a team of about 6 people we are short handed and what ever I decide to do will be out of the kindness of my heart not required regardless of what everyone thinks I am a fair and honorable person. Some of this stuff will take time. I will tell you that insults and jabs in the game and in the forums or Facebook will simply get deleted. If you have a gripe come to me directly. I am easy to contact and although I am back in college full time getting my masters degree and PhD. in computer science I am going to be online for hours in game daily US time.
Some of you already want to take shots at me and that's fine. I won't tolerate insults and attacks as in the past I didn't. Remember, the rules are mine, my staffs and you have to follow them. I can be very accommodating if treated fairly by players. I can also be a flaming asshat if treated poorly. I won't make excuses for that as I want everyone to have fun and if I think you are ruining that then I will act accordingly. Let us all come together and make NE a fun place to enjoy WOW again.
-Blackswann

ironskull

User

first ! I will be online . Thanks Blackswann !

Brickbreaker

User

Nice to hear we will have a more balanced server! Can't wait to get back online!

zalkiux

User

Nice to hear about this! Hopefully NE will be with people again.

Kranith

User

I'm the best. And I'm here ready to play again ;)
Thank you Blackswann

Zelron

User

I hope this will work.

<Hidden>

User

I don't mind the customs going if I get end game. I know quite a few people who feel the same. Playing on poor high latency servers is bothersome.

I get SM right? XD

Should we clear out bags out if we have NE bags or is there going to be some equivalent given?

<Hidden>

User

Why rhum always ends so fast?!

<Hidden>

User

I'm so excited! :o

Blackswann

Owner/Founder

"I don't mind the customs going if I get end game. I know quite a few people who feel the same. Playing on poor high latency servers is bothersome.

I get SM right? XD

Should we clear out bags out if we have NE bags or is there going to be some equivalent given?"

Yes, the plan atm is to let you give us a list of items you want and for the GM to add them... Which as I warned will be a fairly slow process...

Blackswann

Owner/Founder

I'm the best. And I'm here ready to play again ;)
Thank you Blackswann

You are welcome sir Kranith!

<Hidden>

User

Let it return 50% donated chips per acc who donate

<Hidden>

User

I figured it would take a little while to sort a lot of stuff out.

Looking forward to seeing what's what.

<Hidden>

User

Hey , how i get all that Money back what i spend? I want to refund that in euros or chips because its More then 2k euros maybe some end game gear champs or. Alot of chips .
Thx
Blackswann.

<Hidden>

User

Okay i read alot now , Thanks :)

<Hidden>

User

Hey , how i get all that Money back what i spend? I want to refund that in euros or chips because its More then 2k euros maybe some end game gear champs or. Alot of chips .
Thx
Blackswann.

Lel, retard :D <3

<Hidden>

User

I feel chips would be the best bet as far as compensation. I can understand why you don't want to go that route however.

I think a more important issue as well though would be rebuilding the community, perhaps another town meeting to discuss the state of things and have players ask questions. Provoke and start a conversation between veterans of both staff and players on Neverendless.

I know for a fact there are people looking for a stable, well scripted pve/pvp private server SPECIFICALLY for WoTLK.
In tradition to NE I think we should push marketing and advertising as hard as possible and show us being a top tier pvp realm focus on pvp events and competitions. Arena ladders and live streams etc.

Current servers are flooded with Vanilla and BC realms, so many wrath realms just don't exist. I have noticed in the last few months from the various private server communities I frequent, that people do want a good wrath server. No customs, even a cash shop is iffy as players usually don't take kindly to people buying full bis gear while progression is taking place, but that's more for a fresh server which opens raids over time (which isn't a bad idea btw, most people love the feeling of progression).

I understand the server needs money to survive like any other.
I will be as active as I can here, and once this new core launches I will do my best to help rebuild the experience we used to have as a server and community. I only hope that the others here will do the same.

Blackswann

Owner/Founder

Let it return 50% donated chips per acc who donate

Can you give me one good reason to do that?

Blackswann

Owner/Founder

I feel chips would be the best bet as far as compensation. I can understand why you don't want to go that route however.

I think a more important issue as well though would be rebuilding the community, perhaps another town meeting to discuss the state of things and have players ask questions. Provoke and start a conversation between veterans of both staff and players on Neverendless.

I know for a fact there are people looking for a stable, well scripted pve/pvp private server SPECIFICALLY for WoTLK.
In tradition to NE I think we should push marketing and advertising as hard as possible and show us being a top tier pvp realm focus on pvp events and competitions. Arena ladders and live streams etc.

Current servers are flooded with Vanilla and BC realms, so many wrath realms just don't exist. I have noticed in the last few months from the various private server communities I frequent, that people do want a good wrath server. No customs, even a cash shop is iffy as players usually don't take kindly to people buying full bis gear while progression is taking place, but that's more for a fresh server which opens raids over time (which isn't a bad idea btw, most people love the feeling of progression).

I understand the server needs money to survive like any other.
I will be as active as I can here, and once this new core launches I will do my best to help rebuild the experience we used to have as a server and community. I only hope that the others here will do the same.

Thank you for the support... IDK what will happen with the change but we are going to go balls to the walls and try to do our best...

<Hidden>

User

i think the greatest thing that can be done is removing the customs, as they were fun for us for many years, but they outgrew their purpose.

Like Taco said, a progression release realm is a very nice way to relaunch for old and new community members to all be on the same page.

It allows for achievement hunting to be done, as well as older members who will already be geared to help out new community members. It also allows the developers to work on content and test it, while "older" content is being cleared.

I played on a realm, that had "buffed content" to make the pve more challenging which is very enjoyable if done right, and might be something to think about.

One of the most boring things on private servers (in my opinion) is being on farm status on end game content (ICC 25hc and RS25hc), so slowing down, give the pve community a slight challenge on progression released content could bring the community together from the start.

PS: if all that i said was just a moot points, well then at least thank you for reading.

Solete.

<Hidden>

User

Solete!!! <3 Nice to see you're here too!!! :)

<Hidden>

User

So you're handing out gear to those who donated but does that mean end game BiS gear or is the server going to be progressive with emblems etc disabled?

<Hidden>

User

I think progression for PVE is an excellent idea. I have mixed feelings about the donor gear i have several toons that have donation gear some date back to 2010 and I have logged many hours with them but i have two toons that I donated in 2014 after the server basically died and i wasn't able to fully get the benefit out of them. That being said the older donated toons i would be alright with Tier 9.5. I want the experience of raiding and earning gear on a regular basis. The newer toons i would be alright with Tier 10 but this is just an opinion. Whatever Blackswann and his team have in store I'll back it.

Taco said that PVP needed to be marketed and thats true but for us non PVP players i think that PVE content should be marketed also. Raiding is what i play WOW for its the only reason i log into game. and with that not being a part of Neverendless strategy would be a blow to me.

But again this is MY OPINION and and I'm just voicing it so the community knows where i stand.

gallarron

User

What will happen with CI Reclaim tokens and CI tokens? On my account/ toons I have 46 unused CI Reclaim Tokens and 34 unused CI Tokens. So I had custom items just not necessarily being worn right now on them.

Blackswann

Owner/Founder

What will happen with CI Reclaim tokens and CI tokens? On my account/ toons I have 46 unused CI Reclaim Tokens and 34 unused CI Tokens. So I had custom items just not necessarily being worn right now on them.

Tokens were for gear... We will just replace what you need man... Simple...

Blackswann

Owner/Founder

The progressive realm is great... Does 3.3.5 have that element built into it? IDK gotta check with Viarax. I actually wanted to do this conversion very differently but we decided to try to make it easier on the community. I wanted to basically restart everyone at level 1 with money and starter gear and wipe all but the toon names and accounts. Really do a clean sweep of things so to speak. Well, I realized how much that would piss people off and decided not to do it. Anyway, you do realize somebody is gonna be pissed we all know that, right? So let me look into the progression aspect because that sounds fun. I am actually going to be playing along side of you all as a player for the first few months actively anyhow. Hope this answers any questions as I am trying to juggle a lot of balls atm with the server, life, moving to a new city, Pokemon go raids, School, and my new work... I am doing everything I can folks please try to be patient.

<Hidden>

User

People will get pissed. As for me i have to say things that you have said are looking good and i hope it will improve the server and community.

Thanks Blackswann for all you have done over the last 9 or so years..

<Hidden>

User

Progression IMO is about the only way to regrow the population as everyone would have to work together to progress through the content again. So we just basically keep our chars, but just start the progression with Naxx and OS, then EoE, then Ulduar, then ToC, then ICC, then RS.

For progression, it's basically you just lock raids so people can't zone in for "X amount of time" while ppl progress through what's open.

I don't have a clue if it's even possible to "lock out gear" from being used in certain raids.... for example.......
If you decide a progression release is the way to let the community new and old to grow together to not allow any gear over item level 213 to be used in Naxx until the final boss in 25 naxx is killed then allow 226 item level to be used in Naxx, and so on through progresson.

This is just my opinion, and this way people can keep their in game gear BiS or other wise, and just let it sit in the bank until ICC / RS would be open. OR if it would be easier to remove ALL gear, but reward ppl's accounts with chips so they can use those chips to replace what "equal quality gear" they'd be losing now for later on, as the end game content gets released.

As for pvp gear, maybe give equal chips to accounts so ppl can just purchase their wrathful items agian when that level of content gets released.

I don't know if people would go for the "current gear to progression" idea, so just another thing to think about.

I have no clue if this reads out like I'm thinking it but I hope it does =)

Solete.

Sushin

User

I am a bit late to the party(as usual) but i agree a progression realm sounds nice.

Personally i am not so worried about how compensation will work as to how the realm itself will function and grow but that may be because i don't know if i will be able to play too much. :)

Glad to see some familiar faces, hope to see you all in the near future!

--Sushin

<Hidden>

User

If you decide a progression release is the way to let the community new and old to grow together to not allow any gear over item level 213 to be used in Naxx until the final boss in 25 naxx is killed then allow 226 item level to be used in Naxx, and so on through progresson.

This would be ideal, but more complicated, the best way to do this would just to lock raids from anything above nax, and remove accessibility to any gear higher than whats available in Naxx and so fourth.
Every new vanilla and bc server does this without an issue, and players love it. Doing it with WotLK would be awesome.

It's up to you guys ultimately of course, and what ever happens I'll be here to play with every one.

You need to be logged in to reply.