Forums
Forums >>> >>>
New core cometh...
New core cometh...

Blackswann

Owner/Founder

We are very close to release our new core... We have a few bugs to correct and then the dreaded DB purge. An interesting fact is we have nearly 2 billion items on characters in our Arthas DB. stay tuned as we will post how this will all go down later in the week.

Stay Patient, hate me if you like but we are coming back folks...

Blackswann

Kees

User

Don't worry only very patient ppl remain on NE.

Dragonladie

Head of In-Game Staff

Kranith

User

OH MY GOD I THINK I'M DREAMING! Can't wait!!!!

<3 NEVERENDLESS <3

ironskull

User

<Hidden>

User

<Hidden>

User

I can't wait!!!

:) can't wait to hear your voice, Milady.

Wuu

User

<Hidden>

User

<Hidden>

User

can't belive NE still exists

Nightdevil

User

<Hidden>

User

I'll be back for sure, and I'll be rhumming around again!........... Hic!

<Hidden>

User

Suuuuuuuuuuuuupeeeeeeeer!!!!!!
Ne's the best!

<Hidden>

User

Yay! I'll be playing again too!

<Hidden>

User

/flex

I'm in too!

<Hidden>

User

Data Base Purge? Deleting all characters and items will bring back NE?

Blackswann

Owner/Founder

You, sir, are a bit confused by things of which you do not understand. We have tons of dead and unassociated accounts and characters in the DB. The account could have 10 toons, those ten toons could have thousands of DB entries for things like gear and achievements to raids and so on. So yeah we are gonna purge the DB. Relax and wait and see what happens, mate...

<Hidden>

User

So are we going to lose all our items?

<Hidden>

User

He just said and I quote"We have tons of dead and unassociated accounts and characters in the DB". Accounts that haven't been used in 5 years are bogging down the system. People are free to come and claim those accounts, but really how many do you actually think will? Imagine 7-8 years of people making junk accounts, people being banned etc and the possible amount of characters on each of those accounts. Now add every single item and achievement on each character from each account and more. The servers database has to load all of that and every little bit contributes to server instability. Of course it's all dependent on the hard ware used, but I don't think Blackswann quite has server farms like Blizzard.

Blackswann

Owner/Founder

He just said and I quote"We have tons of dead and unassociated accounts and characters in the DB". Accounts that haven't been used in 5 years are bogging down the system. People are free to come and claim those accounts, but really how many do you actually think will? Imagine 7-8 years of people making junk accounts, people being banned etc and the possible amount of characters on each of those accounts. Now add every single item and achievement on each character from each account and more. The servers database has to load all of that and every little bit contributes to server instability. Of course it's all dependent on the hard ware used, but I don't think Blackswann quite has server farms like Blizzard.

WELL SAID SIR....

passcard

User

Ajde da ga merimo? :)
I am BACK!!!

<Hidden>

User

Gatorraid the immortal

User

so any transmog or anything other then strait downgrades for customs or just screwing the donors?

Profesar

User

ok    

<Hidden>

User

so any transmog or anything other then strait downgrades for customs or just screwing the donors?

Yeah, I'm curious about this as well.

Gotai

User

Gotai

User

Hi Neverendless . Master Gotai Retern Soon .

<Hidden>

User

Brother Gotai <3

Blackswann

Owner/Founder

So the current plan is to purge some junk toons and accounts that have one or both things to follow...

1. Characters less than level 10 that have not been logged in for a period of 5yrs...
2. Accounts not logged in 10 years
3. Accounts with ZERO character ever created

These will be purged completely over this coming weekend August 12th and 13th...

We will look at where we are once this is done and announce the next steps. Now, we are very close to going to the final core update prior to release. The plan will be to do weekly patches after that. They may be small or large no telling really but we will patch on Tuesday mornings my time about 8 AM USA PST

<Hidden>

User

well i suppose it was the best idea to come back now then

You need to be logged in to reply.