Forums
Forums >>> >>>
Vote System Revision
Vote System Revision

<Hidden>

In the interest of better serving you -- our members -- we have revised the way we release points. You will find that the system will now be more forgiving, and reward on your personal efforts as well as the community efforts. Many of these features have come from the requests made by you, our members.

The simple version is this: each vote is now worth AT LEAST 1 Vote Point! Each time you vote, you will receive at least 1 point for it, and more points the higher we rank up on the topsites! So, keep voting, and enjoy the fine rewards we provide in the Vote Shop! We hope this change will make it a more enjoyable experience.

Also, since this last week's rewards were a bit disappointing, we will be awarding a few extra Vote Points to everyone that contributed last week, in gratitude of your efforts and an expression of our apology for the light rewards.

Voting is necessary to the survival of this community. We MUST rank high on those topsites to achieve success and stay alive -- that takes your help. For your help, we want you to feel rewarded -- yes, we provide a server free of charge, along with dozens of amenities and regular updates (and we're even working on improving that!) -- but we want you to directly feel rewarded for your contributions in voting.

So, in summary, these are the changes we're making for you:

• Each vote = AT LEAST 1 Vote Point; more the higher we rank.
  • A one-time gift of a handful of points to those that voted last week.
  • Free quest items for most broken quests (coming soon!).

Thank you for being part of all we do, Neverendless. We work hard, day and night, to make this community the best -- and with you, we achieve it.

~ Crescendo

P.S. See my comment on page three of this article for some more information. :)

<Hidden>

User

Ooh, vrrrrrrrrrrrry nice! Thanks a lot, Neverendless staff! I think this will help a lot. We'll get a lot more points, right? Are you raising prices with that, too?

<Hidden>

User

I particularly like the free quest items for the broken quests. :D

<Hidden>

@Spout: You should notice an increase in points, as you will get a minimum of one point for each time you have voted. Prices will not be adjusted due to this change -- you will simply receive more points for each vote.

Lorex

User

This is a very welcome change. I voted about 28+ (Or so) times last week and was very disappointed to find out I only got 14 VP points for that. Very nice to see those that from now on, those that do put forth the effort won't be punished because many players refuse to vote.

Nice going, NE.

<Hidden>

@Sunsoar: I can certainly understand the disappointment. Yes, there will be more points in the future, but not only that -- we're placing a few extra points in your pockets for last week's efforts! Thank you for voting, especially as much as you did!

<Hidden>

User

Thanks Crescendo! It's nice to feel part of a server that listens to its players! You can count on my votes anytime. :D

<Hidden>

User

^ LOL messed up typing earlier. "It's nice to BE part of a server..." not feel.

I'm not into touching servers inappropriately. :P

Thanks again! :D

<Hidden>

User

I dunno why in the last period everyone has been obsessed with this "vote now!", spammin it everywhere, and also all these desperate efforts to make people votin. Server can even reach the top of the lists, but this doesn't mean more players, this just means that someone may come here and test the server for a while. Increasin the players number is another story...

<Hidden>

User

@Harion - More testers = more possible long-term players. I came here "testing" the server myself, liked the experience, and have been playing for more or less half a year. :)

<Hidden>

User

wow that was a very fast response to all the fuzz great job NE, 1VP minimum is great, now i wanna vote more to get more that 1VP per VP :D thanks again for the very fast response and wow no price change, your on fire NE :P
i was very disappointed, i voted 32times perfectly and got 13, but now I'm more encouraged to vote than i was before

<Hidden>

User

Love it! Thank you NE, I will most definitely spread the word about your awesome service to the end-users <3

<Hidden>

User

Thanks guys, this helps. I voted 26x and got 13 points. Really dissappointing, but.....thanks again for this post.

Now, I look forward in getting my pve healing gear going.

And for now...I am going to vote...vote as much as I can to help NE rank high. And to those out there....do the same, because NE deserves it!

<Hidden>

User

@Harion:

When I came from the good old Toxic wow servers, who died and was taken over by someone else and it was terrible, I was looking for a new, good blizzlike server. I came here and I found the server because it was ranked in the top 10. It was, I believe, also a top 3 blizzlike server.

After sending some mails to the team, who responded back, I decided to join. I stopped wow a while a go and now for 8 months I am back...due to private circomstances I needed something to clear my mind. I came back HERE...why?
1. good server
2. not too high rates
3. nice community
4. very friendly staff
5. and players that ARE doing lower level stuff and getting achievmentpoints.
[/i][/b]

So, a high(er) ranked server indeed brings in players and also let them come back when they took a break. Also I must give my compliments to the staff...by far the best and friendliest I have encountered on a private server and sometimes even on retail.

<Hidden>

Hey, guess what I'm doing...? I'm voting. ;) Just as we request of you -- the players -- we require of all staff, so you're not alone.

We like to get the message out there frequently, because the simple truth is that people sometimes forget and need a friendly little reminder. We aren't forcing it down your throat by any means (and we'll work on making sure our announcements in-and-out-of-game convey that properly), but we are providing the reminder for those that could use it.

I hope this helps explain some more things! I appreciate everyone's willingness to jump in and get involved with the voting -- you see, this is a team effort! Again, thanks for all the feedback; you can also share your ideas through the Feedback option in the Support section on the website!

~ Crescendo

<Hidden>

User

@Maanschaduw & @Lunare

I've played also on the dead ToxicWoW, and I'm playing here since over 2 years. Anyway you guys are talkin about the past, I also remember when the server got 4000+ players online, but last time I've seen the counter on web page (magically disappeared after a while) it said 1300. These are facts.

@Crescendo

The server is alive since over 2 years, almost 3, but only in the last few months you remembered to "stimulate" voting, even puttin in the forum signatures that "vote now!"; I ask myself, why?

<Hidden>

User

@Crescendo where's the like button for that post? :3

KizzyBell

User

Im a happy camper and will direct my guild members to this. ^.^ vote.vote.vote. <3

marcosumayaotoo

User

@Harion - Your facts have nothing to do with another fact: In marketing, the best way to convert new customers is to get the attention of as many individuals in your target market as you can. Higher rankings in the sites grab the attention of more players looking for a free server (i.e. the target market) than those ranked lower. It's not just about our individual pasts, but a long-running pattern of advertising and player conversion. (This is Lunare's alt, btw. :P)

Perhaps the drop in players you pointed out is precisely why voting is being pushed more now; in the past three years, more and more private servers have popped up, increasing the competition Neverendless has for players. Since NE can't ask other servers to shut down so we can get our player numbers back up, our server has to work on attracting more players to join in on the fun. One major way to attract more potential players, as has been explained, is to make sure we rank as high as possible on the sites. In order to do that, we need to vote. The staff has been working to make sure we are encouraged enough to vote on a regular basis, so that they can provide even better service due to the influx of new players.

In short, them asking us to vote is their way of saying "Help me to help you."

Hope that makes sense to you! :D

<Hidden>

User

True. I think that we can be happy now that NE still has a large community. Let's hope it rises again.

Cheers and untill we meet somewhere in the world, arena or battleground. (and please, be gentle, ok?)

joshuavb

User

i'm really happy with the news we will get at least 1 vp for each vote since i voted alot last week but only received 12 vote points(i voted for i believe 23 times?) it really sucked i got so less points since i already had 18 points and got in total 30 now to spend but wanted a relentless piece and just missed 2 points >< well gonna vote alot now to get that piece =D

<Hidden>

User

@Schnuppie

I understand what are you saying, it's simple marketin :) But I'll say you this: let's suppose I wanna sell a car, but it has got only 2 wheels out of 4; then I'll made lots of insertions, spots, commercials, etc. Will people buy my car just because of my advertisements, or they'll keep on buyn a 4 wheels car? Hope you get it ;)

marcosumayaotoo

User

@Harion - I get that, but in order for NE to survive long enough to make improvements to the server, they'll need the support of players. It's a tough, circular situation, but I'm willing to bet that there'll be more people willing to tough out the bugs (like you, who have stayed here for 2 years), than there are those willing to not play until a fully bug-free version is out. There will also be new players (like I am, since I've only been here 6 months) who are willing to do the same.

If there's another server out there that IS bug-free, they will still not have the environment/personality that NE has. We choose to stay because we like it here, bugs and all. If we want NE to be bug-free, then we vote to improve the private server we call home. :)

<Hidden>

User

@Schnuppie

Yes it's true, I agree: last thing I want is to see NE fallin in disgrace but like Nightstarr said, many players, and most of all the new ones, can be very discouraged from these characters; I'm also partial customed, so I'm not QQin about donors, but what the druid said it's true

pal0bre

User

So I See You Listen To The Community Finally, Keep Up Guys!

<Hidden>

User

WoW great news :D after a dissapointment on last week . after reading this , it made me happier :D ,

last time i have voted like 30+ times and recieved 15VP btw nvm now :D

a big thanxx again to NE staff's :)

<Hidden>

User

Now that is motivating!!!

<Hidden>

User

"we will be awarding a few extra Vote Points to everyone that contributed last week".... OK but could someone told me when ?

samvid1992

User

That's really good....i did vote 32 times last week and got only 13 vote points + 9 vote points today.......and now 1 point per vote...that's really good..
Thank you NE

<Hidden>

User

@Crescendo
Will the voting hours of "Top 100 Arena" will change for 24 hours to 12 hours??
It will be good if that happens as we can easily get more vote points.....

You need to be logged in to reply.