Forums
Forums >>> >>>
Keeping Your Community Clean
Keeping Your Community Clean

Ysabel

Director, Operations

We are aware that from time to time rumors have surfaced that the Neverendless Staff is less than fair and just; at times the word "corrupt" has been used. It has always been and will continue to be top priority to maintain the highest standards within our Staff as well as in our Community. It is true that despite our efforts, the occasional individual with deceptive intentions will make his or her way into the ranks of Staff. While we have precautions against the potential for any Staff to abuse their powers, it is a fact of this organization as with any that from time to time abuse occurs. Sadly, in any Community the question is not "Will people do harm?" but "When and how will people do harm?" With this knowledge it is not only imperative that we carefully select our candidates but that we monitor them at all times. At this time Blackswann and I extend our sincere apologies to the Community for the corruption and abuse that through our monitoring and with the Community's aid we have discovered these past two days.

We have uncovered a large-scale abuse scheme that involved not only several players and a large guild but a handful of ex-Staff members. The one current Staff member involved has been terminated. All involved Staff current or past have been banned serverwide and involved players have received consequences appropriate for level of involvement. Any benefits gained from these abuses (items, for one example) are being removed from affected characters and any involved characters are subject to permanent ban and/or stripping. It is our goal to prevent the continued presence of illegally obtained items / gold / gear / etc. in our Community.

For the safety of the Community, we will not speak in detail about the nature of this abuse or how it was accomplished. Suffice it to say that the guilty parties have been stopped and any further parties found related to these events or committing similar infractions will be pursued until caught and will be accordingly punished. Not only do we expect and demand that current and former Staff members adhere to all server rules, we believe that they should be held to a higher standard in this regard: having been privy to the ins and outs of the server's functions, any player having served as Staff should be well aware of the importance of the rules and regulations we impose on the Community.

Do keep in mind that we ask ALL players to assist us--be additional eyes and ears--in the protection of the Community. After all, it is YOUR Community: you can help keep it clean and fair! Reports of any violations against our Community Protection Policies and Procedures should be reported via either Report a Player or Report a Staff Member support ticket. Thank you in advance for your assistance!

All this being said, it seems an appropriate time to announce that the structure of Staff is changing. This is a project that has been in the works for many months and will finally be put into action within the next few weeks. This change is not the result of examples of abuse such as the above, but it is worth mentioning here because it will further serve to prevent such occurrences. So as not to spoil too much of the surprise, I encourage you all to keep an eye here on the website as well as our Recruitment section for more information on how Staff is changing and how it will affect YOU.

As always, thank you for your continued support and loyalty, Neverendless! We are an amazing Community because YOU make it so!

<Hidden>

User

FIRS.... no wait SHUT UP

Nice job NE :)

<Hidden>

User

<Hidden>

User

I like this :)) GG NE

<Hidden>

User

<Hidden>

User

Good :D very good

Thorokk

User

this is a great idea gg NE keep it up :D

Gatorraid the immortal

User

so what guild was involved?

ylidiz

User

The 'corrupting' thing will always be there as long as the staff does not have any in-game character..

Caleyan

User

I know how hard it can be get loose staff especially since you get to know them so thoroughly as they are with you. So, thanks you being able to do this and pursue a better community =)

jawir93

User

thats why im a solitary player, no guild and few but good friends :P

nice job Ne <3

<Hidden>

User

Nice done NE. /cheer

<Hidden>

User

<Hidden>

User

A shocking note, but a good solution. I heard about it yesterday when I was in game.....Blew my socks off. NE, you did a great job hunting them down. I shall keep my eyes and long pointy ears open for you!

Xerber

User

and suddenly half of the server diseapere :D
the dark side roaming our lands were strong and large in numbers it seems, gg with that purge

<Hidden>

User

And suddenly the server and website are being very, very slow. Coincidence I hope (although last time(s) we got free t-shirts out of it :P )

<Hidden>

User

i hope there will be less pvp cheaters in Moonglow

+10 Kama to Neverendless Wow
Wow kinda slow now hope were not getting attacked because of the banning of the cheaters :(

<Hidden>

User

Great job, go NE

hollow_sk

User

Too much for me to read.
Good job, NE. I guess...

<Hidden>

User

I would like to add that the staff is by far better than it was in previous months. Keep up the good work!

<Hidden>

User

I told you guys that we needed to pay more :P

... I mean Good Job Neverendless! :D

<Hidden>

User

I have some very nice screenshots you might be interested in concerning this topic. PM me on whereever you want if you want to see them.

<Hidden>

User

rene lipman

User

Augh

User

I understand, that it is the server's policy to keep quiet about current/past exploits/bugs/frauds etc.
However, writing

We have uncovered a large-scale abuse scheme that involved not only several players and a large guild but a handful of ex-Staff members. The one current Staff member involved has been terminated. All involved Staff current or past have been banned serverwide and involved players have received consequences appropriate for level of involvement.

makes at least me very curious what kind of an abuse that may be. I do not want any name-calling or sth. it's just, i think it'll make the whole bug-abuse-thingy a bit more transparent if people at least know what this abuse was all about. That may not include how it's done.

You need to be logged in to reply.