Forums
Forums >>> >>>
Android Authenticators
Android Authenticators

Development Team Leader

User

Thanks to a very good friend of mine, we now have an Android Authenticator available to help protect your accounts.

If you have an Android-powered Cell Phone then you can run this tool to improve your account security.

Once attached to your account, an authenticator generates a new 8 digit code every 30 seconds which will be required in addition to your username and password to log into your account on the website and in-game.

The upside is that nobody can get into your account unless they have your cell phone, the downside is that includes you. If you're anything like me you'll always have your cell phone nearby so this is definately worth using if you're concerned about keeping your account secure.

We're also pushing out a small technical update to the J2ME version of the authenticator for phones that support Java MIDlets.

For more information, and to download either of these authenticator applications, please see the Account Management section for authenticators here

<Hidden>

User

i lose my phone every 5 mins.........but this seems like a brilliant thing for those less scatterbrained

<Hidden>

User

whel i hawe it but im not for it that ore what ewwer i hate messagesn and one ewery 30 sec id lose my head ki .......... but my account is safe at least i think so :P

<Hidden>

User

very nice, question though i've been running the java midlets version on the android, will my serial number change if I change to the android version?

<Hidden>

User

Thankyou!! Thank your friend too. :D

<Hidden>

User

Lolol! The 1st time logging in on my droid 2 theres news neverendless has an athenticator for androi! XD

bibix

User

any authenticator for blackberry????

i will be thanksful if u guys put one... :D

<Hidden>

User

this is great idea :)

thnxx for both ^^

BloodsMan

User

<Hidden>

User

i dont have a phone je je je

<Hidden>

User

I really like it Steward...Its about time the Authenticator came for the Android phone...at last I can sell my old phone and now buy a new android phone...coz my authenticator is on the phone i am using now...And this type of authenticator is useful if you are using multiple computers.

Thanks a lot for the update

pal0bre

User

Will It Run On HoneyComb???

<Hidden>

User

Awesome app, has anyone else downloaded it ?

and spamvote top 100 we're 12th -_-

<Hidden>

User

why android 2.0 :S i have android 1.5 :S

Issenisse

User

Iphone/Ipod Touch??
Maybe an app at App store......
(just thinking :P)

Nob

User

Has anyone gotten the apk version (the one on the market) to provide a valid code? I like the idea, but have so far had no success (the app-generated serial & codes always result in "Invalid Code for that Serial." when I try to set them up with my account via the NE website). :(

Development Team Leader

User

You need to be logged in to reply.