Forums
Forums >>> >>>
Community Protection Policies and Procedures (CPPP) Update
Community Protection Policies and Procedures (CPPP) Update

Ysabel

Director, Operations

Please see the newly updated Community Protection Policies and Procedures. Remember: All players are required to be informed of the rules and to follow them; ignorance is not a valid defense to violation!

We have revised our rules to include a change in the Communication section which states that non-English chat is now prohibited in Global.

As explained in the rules, we understand that many of our players are not native speakers of English and may feel more comfortable using their native language--they are free to do so in private chats. Global, for the purposes of balance and fairness in moderation, must now be English-only. This is not a discriminatory action, but one that should on the contrary help prevent discrimination and confusion when non-English chats are more difficult for our staff to properly interpret.

While this rule applies at this time to Global only and not other public chats, if a staff member requests that a player refrain from use of a non-English language in another public chat the request must be followed. (Refusal to comply with the request of a staff member falls under staff disrespect.) At this time, a staff member will only make such a request when non-English chat in a public channel other than Global becomes problematic.

Keep in mind that regardless of language, all players are required to adhere to the chat rules and violations in any language will be handled accordingly.

Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation with this rule change.

<Hidden>

User

Thx Staff! I think it's a great rule!

<Hidden>

User

Yes well done! Great new Law

<Hidden>

User

<Hidden>

User

Why u guys dont hire some spanish Admins and create a new Global for only spanish people?

Most of NE Speak spanish and u know i`m right.

Pd. If someone try to troll me i`m just doing the right.

Kranith

User

Yes!
Great idea NE! Let's spank the noobs who dont /Engrish on Global Chat!! :)

Ysabel

Director, Operations

@ Cleir:

We have staff who speak Spanish. We do not necessarily have staff who speak every language players speak. The official operating language or Neverendless is English, and while we have many players who speak Spanish we also have many who speak Dutch, Italian, Serbian, Croatian, Afrikaans... to name only a few. In the interest of not favoring any particular group we will not be creating any additional official channels for other languages. You may use Spanish in private chats or in your own channels created by normal in-game methods.

Yasuhiko

User

Well done NE, this way when I'm trying to get a group, the odds of geting a Spanish speaker is less...and it's not like people who don't know English can't play, they would now kinda be forced to play with each other

<Hidden>

User

NOT DISCRIMINATORY. It's a lack of respect for those who do not speak English
Is limiting communication between people, we are not individuals who adhere to such inhuman rules only for ease of play. You should study the various languages ​​of our community that would be ideal. This worsening this server. Simply this has a negative ideology for a global game.
TIP: STUDY IS GLOBALIZATION.
The language is part of our culture. NO TO CENSURE.

<Hidden>

User

NOT DISCRIMINATORY. It's a lack of respect for those who do not speak English
Is limiting communication between people, we are not individuals who adhere to such inhuman rules only for ease of play. You should study the various languages ​​of our community that would be ideal. This worsening this server. Simply this has a negative ideology for a global game.
TIP: STUDY IS GLOBALIZATION.
The language is part of our culture. NO TO CENSURE.

You are clearly not aware of what these changes are. First of all, there is no censure as you're still free to use any other language in every channel except for Global.

Compare it to the law book of every country, you won't find anything written in Swahili in the American constitution. Everything in there is English as it's the official language and therefore everything that gets put in there is in English. However people can still write letters to each other in Swahili or speak to each other in Swahili.

I mean, you obviously didn't think this over for more than 5 seconds, or you would've have at least spotted some of the huge mistakes you make in your comment.

On topic then:
I do like the rule as when people start speaking other languages on global it's like those who can't speak the language are left out.

<Hidden>

User

Every person thinks differently that's my opinion on it.

<Hidden>

User

Pfff.. already been kicked for typing in global cuz i forgot to /w -.-
I think this new rule won't be a good one since what will be the limit? 1 word 2 words a whole sentence?

Ysabel

Director, Operations

@ Swiftshadows: On the first offense you will receive a warning via in-game mail and will be kicked from the game. If you persist, you may be muted. Remember that these add to your infraction list, so you may not be so keen to "test the waters." Please consult a staff member via in-game or support ticket, or in Teamspeak if you have questions about this change.

@ Shinna: Hyllas covered it well. This is not intended to be discrimination, it is not to censor you; it is for the better moderation and protection of our Community. Whether or not English is the native language of a player, if he or she chooses to play here common sense dictates that he or she admits a basic knowledge and understanding of English as our server is run primarily in English. This means that players might even expect that our public channels would require English. If you have further questions or concerns please do feel free to address them via Share Feedback & Ideas support ticket. Note that we request such communications be limited to constructive, respectful discussions and will not tolerate staff or server disrespect regardless of medium.

<Hidden>

User

In reponse to Shinna's post and others who might think the same.
As you can see, I'm a Dutchman and that means that English is not my native language.
I do understand that some people have difficulties to understand and/or speak English.
But this rule only applies to global, you're free to speak any language you want outside global.

I had several occasions where I left global, simply because players were talking back and forth in another language and it became really annoying.

Quote of Shinna's post:
''You should study the various languages ​​of our community that would be ideal.''
So that means all players and staff members have to learn and study all languages. (e.g. French, Dutch, German, Spanish, Afrikaans, Serbian, Croatian, Italian, Romanian, etc)
I highly doubt that this is possible ... it's not that easy to learn a language and even more dificult to learn more than 2-3 languages.
I'm only pointing out that the suggestion made by Shinna is almost impossible to achieve.

After all, it only affects global. We still can speak in our native language in any other channel.

<Hidden>

User

<Hidden>

User

Great rule! English is a second language for me but I learned it, so can others...

<Hidden>

User

I think it is a grear rule :D

jaztwo

User

You should have done this earlier!!!!! :D

<Hidden>

User

English is a universal language of business. It is a language that is learnt in most countries because of it. The staff are not try to discriminate but are trying to make it easier to protect the community by making it easier for the staff to moderate the Global channel.
Those who don't know another languages will have to take what you write and throw it into a translator to understand what was said...

I think it is a great idea to have a single language for Global.

If you want to make a channel for your own language. Go ahead, just do /join {channel name} and you can create a channel that is not moderated by staff where you have all the freedom in the planet to say what you want.

Blizzard does not have global channels they only have the localized channels for the area that you are in. We should appreciate that the NE Staff provide us this means of socializing with the server and follow whatever rules that are put in place by the staff.

Paladie

User

Materian

User

Keep in mind that you can always create your own chat channels, so it would be as simple as:

/join Spanish
/join Serbian
/join Italian

This would easily allow you to speak with other players in your language while respecting the new rules that govern /global

felipe12m

User

jajaja is ok, but is Only global chat

<Hidden>

User

Everyone trying to claim this is discriminating against non-English speaking players actually has it backwards. When people speak 12 different languages in Global there is no way for NE to have staff members monitoring that channel at all times that speak all languages. That allowed players who were speaking in other languages to break the rules and get away with it.

People could bash the server or use offensive language and get away with it because the staff did not know what they were saying. It's not fair to the English speaking players to be punished for breaking those rules when other players got away with it by speaking in another language.

They still do it in other public channels and get away with it and that's still unfair to the rest of us. Global is just 1 channel in which you are now being told to follow the same rules as everyone else.

<Hidden>

User

To be quite honest. I totally agree with the previous message from hyllas. Also, it irritates me and im sure many other people to think someone would be so ignorant as to think that staff can do everything. They are only human, and they work their bum's off for this server. SO to ask it of them to learn other languages just for YOU i think is just plainj selfish. Just obey the rules of the server. Its not like you NEED to speak in global anyway. Everything that needs to be said in global can be done in /y, /s, or /trade, or even /general. So i think instead of trying to disobey the rules or say they are outright wrong and saying bad things about the server. I think you should maybe try talking calmly with the staff about something than can be made if you think it is not fair. However you must also remember that this is NOT a democracy. Staff run this thing. So what they say is gonna have to be lived with.

You need to be logged in to reply.