Forums
Forums >>> >>>
E-Mail Confirmation
E-Mail Confirmation

Development Team Leader

User

As those of you who have logged in will have noticed - this new website has a mechanism for confirming the e-mail address on your account. Having a confirmed e-mail address will become MANDATORY as of Midnight on the evening of the 14th. There's 2 reasons why we are doing this:

1. Improved Account Security - If your e-mail address is correct and confirmed on your account then you can recover your password if you lose it, and somebody trying to steal your account will be unable to change the address without having access to your e-mail account.

2. Improved Communication - if we know your e-mail address is yours we can send you warnings about Account Purges, or if your CI goes on hold, or if you get banned and so on. (We don't do any of these yet, but it's a possiblity).

We test the e-mail system regularly and it will consistantly deliver to the 4 'Big' mail providers - GMail, Hotmail, Yahoo and AOL. If you're having problems receiving the confirmation e-mail then make sure that noreply@neverendless-wow.com is on your 'Safe Senders' list. If that doesn't work, then try using one of the above e-mail providers, or let us know in a support ticket and we'll see if we can find out what's wrong.

After midnight (Server time) on the evening of the 14th, if you haven't verified your e-mail address, you will get an error attempting to log in to the game - "Access to your account has been temporarily disabled. Please contact support for more information". Verifying your e-mail address will IMMEDIATELY remove this lock. (This will not prevent you from logging into the website however)

Keep in mind that if your e-mail is NOT verified then anybody who logs into your account can change your e-mail address (including you by the way, if you put in a fake addrress when you registered) and if it's someone malicious they can verify their address on your accuont and prevent you from changing it back. So you should do this as soon as possible anyway.

xxtp826

User

oh this is sad :(
Cuz i really didnt remembered e-mail id & pass :'(

Development Team Leader

User

@Shredderr: So change your account to a different e-mail address.

xxtp826

User

Thank you very much ....
I did it :D

<Hidden>

User

oh...snap........... i better get mine done!!!!

<Hidden>

User

this is really great :D a friend of mine who got his account stolen a few months ago finally retrieved his account back because if this woohoo. Nice one NE!!!! :D

<Hidden>

User

My Cuzons account was scammed so i used "password Recovery" but i don't receive the confirmation in my e-mail.What to do now.

Please help.

<Hidden>

User

So, if I understand, from the 14th 00.00hrs servertime we have to login using our email? Or just using the accountlogin?

Greetings,

the proud, blue haired and so much wanted
Maanschaduw

<Hidden>

User

hey uhm,. well i got 6 Acc here.. and i only got 2 emails.. which i put the other 3 acc to my gmail.. and my other 3 acc to my yahho mail. its okay right?

<Hidden>

User

hmm i think i will lose all my 5 accounts cuz when i created them i just typed some random email :( could anyone confirm this?

<Hidden>

User

deamn im not shure if i remember the deamn email....QQ

<Hidden>

User

I have received the email for the verification and I tried to confirm the email but when I write the code and click "Confirm e-mail" it says me "Invalid code".
What have I to do?

Please help me. Thanks. :)

Dimples

User

@ Shelynea: You can use the same email-address for as many accounts as you want. All you have to do is fill in the verification number that you receive from NE.

(Check the spam/unwanted if the email doesn't appear in the inbox)

@ Kungson & Affroman: That shouldn't be a problem. Right now, if you have not yet registered an email, you basically don't have one. This means that you can now use a valid email-address for all the accounts.

@ Evilfox: Try copy/pasting the code instead of typing it over by hand. Also make sure there isn't a space before or after the code.

<Hidden>

User

hi,i have the same problem than evilfox, and i copy/paste the code

<Hidden>

User

Hi I didnt recive the mail in my inbox or somewhere what I should do anbody can help please write it here!!??

<Hidden>

User

@ Dimples: I copy/paste the code and I'm sure there isn't any space. But it continues to tell me that the code is invalid.

I don't know what to do and midnight of the 14th is arriving..

<Hidden>

User

I WAnt Change My Email !!

Development Team Leader

User

Just a note, a few hours ago (from the time on this post) we made a change to the mail system that should hopefully improve the number of mails that get delivered. If you have been having problems, try again. If you're still having problems, find a better mail provider.

Also on a completely unrelated note, put your mice over things with dotted underlines, they have hover tooltips.

P.S. To whoever keeps trying to use an email address @example.com, give it up, it's never ever going to work.

<Hidden>

User

Just one question. Where to or how to change the email? And how to use it? Where should I go?

<Hidden>

User

@evilfox
I a had similar issue
just put the cursor after the numbers and hit the backspace to remove spaces.
there are spaces hidden :p

<Hidden>

User

After the code there isn't any space. There is one before the code and I removed it but the result is the same. The code is invalid.
Please help me because I don't know what to do. :(

<Hidden>

User

Hello all, I am old member, Wtfpala if some1 knows me, and I wanted to get back to play again, and saw this... so my point is, that I don;t know e-mail or password, since I totally forgot, I know this account since it was same username and password just... so is there any1 from admins to help me in this situation, I can provide ss of character, my achievements, anything, you wanna know...

Best regards, Wtfpala

<Hidden>

User

Agree... very nice web!

<Hidden>

User

WHERE DO I GO FOR THIS?

<Hidden>

User

im wondering what will happen with those players who are on a break due to real life issues for instance short before the new site came alive and 14th?
they will pretty much loose theyr acc's right?
for instance i recently moved to new island and if i didnt had the time to login i wouldnt know and loose my acc's, ppl leave NE for months verry often what will happen if they simply dont know about this wile they are on a break?

Development Team Leader

User

@Etanielrogue: If you'd read the article, verifying your e-mail address removes the lock.

This isn't an account purge...

<Hidden>

User

Hellfrozen

User

So,when this happens,on 14th of april,the email will no longer be valid(in my case ijust entered a random email ) and that means that after that i can just change it to my valid email address?? without the requirement of the info of the random address?

<Hidden>

User

what the $%*& code are you guys talking about??????????? :( i am sooooo confused, i don't know what to do i don't have an email or anyhting...........?????

Nico666

User

how i can confirmate my adress?

You need to be logged in to reply.