Forums
Forums >>> >>>
Guild Website Contest Winners!
Guild Website Contest Winners!

Ysabel

Director, Operations

The results are in! Thank you to all who participated in the Guild Website Contest. Development Team has carefully reviewed and judged all the entries. It is clear that a lot of work went into the entries, but of course, only a few can win the available prizes.

1st Place

The Corporation

Comment(s):

• Contains an excellent guides section as well as other features.

2nd Place

Legionaries of Warcraft

Comment(s):

• A good site built from scratch.

3rd Place

Elwynn Shall Burn

Comment(s):

• For exceptional design, if thin on content.

Honorable Mentions

Congratulations to our winners! Please check out these awesome sites, and of course if your guild wants to build a guild website don't forget to make use of the tools Neverendless has provided for you to make your site useful and informative to your guild members.

(Winning guilds will be contacted soon regarding rewards for the contest.)

<Hidden>

User

THE CORPORATION ROCKS !!!

<Hidden>

User

lol what's so special about Elwynn Shall Burm?? they just got few links that lead on NE official site

fhqwhgads

User

yeah i know ours isnt as visually appealing but we can actually use it lol

<Hidden>

User

Aw man, Flawless's site is really deserving of a place up there. We all did a lot of effort making it look good. :)

<Hidden>

User

Awww...
I really thought we had a chance of winning this competition.
Our website has been running for a few years and is used frequently.
Not a website thats been up for a short time and all the posts placed over the last few days before judging to show an active website!! _ (sore Loser part 1!!)
We have loads of extras and unlike some of the others ive looked at is easy to use and easy on the eyes with all links working._(Sore loser part 2!!)
Would be interesting to see just what it is that makes a good website great??
I'll be looking at the others to see just what it is thats makes their website so special and maybe look at incorporating their winning ideas into our website to make ours a winning website.!!
Well done winners,,,,enjoy your success and the prizes that await you!!

<Hidden>

User

<Hidden>

User

Awww...
I really thought we had a chance of winning this competition.
Our website has been running for a few years and is used frequently.
Not a website thats been up for a short time and all the posts placed over the last few days before judging to show an active website!! _ (sore Loser part 1!!)
We have loads of extras and unlike some of the others ive looked at is easy to use and easy on the eyes with all links working._(Sore loser part 2!!)
Would be interesting to see just what it is that makes a good website great??
I'll be looking at the others to see just what it is thats makes their website so special and maybe look at incorporating their winning ideas into our website to make ours a winning website.!!

Shadowfear,
there is no rule mentioning how old the site must be.. And You can not compete with a site that's free hosting vs sites that aren't bound on some platform already.

<Hidden>

User

The judging was based not just on graphic design but features too as per guidelines stated for competition and we have many more features than other websites i have seen!!
Although i do see a few NEWER websites with very SIMILAR ideas to our own LoL!!

Like i said in my previous post i really though we had a chance of winning it or at the very least getting a place in the top 3.
To not get even a place in the top 3 when i look at other websites is a bit hard to swallow considering the length of time the website has been running and the work that has been put into it over the years.

In saying that however...it still does not stop me congradulating the winners.
As i said in the post above

P.s Corporation i love the Vid intro for the guild...nice one there

<Hidden>

User

Just to make sure since I am not sure if I understood what You meant by "SIMILAR ideas to Your own",
our site exists longer than Yours, but when we remade the guild few months ago, I flushed all the posts and members from before.

<Hidden>

User

Just to make sure since I am not sure if I understood what You meant by "SIMILAR ideas to Your own",
our site exists longer than Yours, but when we remade the guild few months ago, I flushed all the posts and members from before.

Does it really??
We could debate that one because i did the same to our website around august 2010..
I guess all you really need to do is look at the forums from each website for the first post?? lol!!
Oh..thats right you flushed them all...sorry LOL!!

I guess thats why all your posts are all newish ones.lol!!
Ha ha ha ha (sorry!!)

Ok seriously...

Deathburn...im not taking anything away from the winners...Im sure they all have reasons why they stand out from the rest..
Im sure you website has something that stands out as being better than the rest of ours and thats why your guild won the competition.
I particulary like the Vid Intro on your home page!!

Im expressing my opinion in which i feel our website deserved more than the position they recieved in the competition.
As i said...i believed with the features we had on our website, its ease of use and easy on the eyes graphically we had a chance of winning trhe competition .
As it stands though Development Team who judged the competition did not think our website merited a position in the top three and although im not happy with it (sore loser part). He made the decision and we have to abide by it!!
Im sure if people look at the differing websites we will have differing opinions on just who deserved to win it and who didnt..
Everyone wants their website to win the competition and if we had won it im sure you would have been in my position now expressing an opinion as to why your website didnt??

Kranith

User

Hahahaha [The Corporation Family] For the win!!!!!!!!! :D

<Hidden>

User

Congratulations to The Corporation for winning! :D Altough they didn't make their site,they just payed for premade stuff , it looks decent enough.

Daygone

User

BooYa, baby !!! LoW rocks on the rocks !!! GO LEGIONARIES !!!

<Hidden>

User

The corporation site does look decent and I like it and I think it deserves 1st place. IMO, Defenders of the Crown is FAR better then Legionaries of Warcraft and Elwynn Shall Burn. Critical navigation, and features are way finer than other sites aswell as populated links like Photos, link, member armory(good job there), and the thing that fascinated me was member list linked with google maps and showing where are they from lol. That suprised me a lot... i would never come up with something like that... Really good job.

<Hidden>

User

Guys, I would like to show some respect in here. Saying I paid someone to make the website for my guild? Do I look that stupid? I am not a kiddo sitting in front of his pc playing WoW all day long.
Better make sure that the thing You are tellin is truth then say something abt other people.
I bet Development Team would have noticed if I paid for the website and customized it a bit and wouldn't let me take
1st place at all.
And I had a very similar site last year but it was on the domain unitedgangstaz.com,
I got a backup from then, and worked on the site from that time.
If anyone thinks that its so easy to work on a vbulletin site, keep that opinion for yourselves and try to make a forum like that.

Shadowfear, the thing that ruined ur marking for the website is http://www.spruz.com/ .
You are doing it on a free host and a platform.

Development Team said:"
In addition, there will be no penalty to guilds using 'Website Services' such as GuildLaunch, Guild-o-matic, Wowstead etc, although any features provided as standard by your platform will not get you any 'bonus points'."

I know that our guild has a lot of haters, but at least try to act nice sometimes.

Regards,
Deathburn

<Hidden>

User

Shadowfear, the thing that ruined ur marking for the website is http://www.spruz.com/ .
You are doing it on a free host and a platform.

Surely then our website is even better than you suggest as unlike other websites we are working with limited resources and do not have the freedom to do with as we please...instead we have to make use and mould what we can or cannot use to make the website as good as it can be.

So what if its free hosting...we worked hard to make the most of what we could use AND ITS NOT A LOT WITH FREE HOSTING unless you pay for it.
No one designed our website for us...we did that alone and added the features ourselves to make the most of what we could get for free.

<Hidden>

User

Good job LoW! :)
Grats to all winners :)

<Hidden>

User

Exactly Shadowfear! You did everything with the little you could get from Spruz... Thats why your special!
LONG LIVE DEFENDERS OF THE CROWN!

<Hidden>

User

The corporation site does look decent and I like it and I think it deserves 1st place. IMO, Defenders of the Crown is FAR better then Legionaries of Warcraft and Elwynn Shall Burn. Critical navigation, and features are way finer than other sites aswell as populated links like Photos, link, member armory(good job there), and the thing that fascinated me was member list linked with google maps and showing where are they from lol. That suprised me a lot... i would never come up with something like that... Really good job.

ABSOLUTELY!

<Hidden>

User

Beatriche
Echoes of Eternal Life

Thankyou for your comments...im only expressing my opinion too.!!
I thought our website would have fared better in the competition thats all!!
Im sure donors and those who could afford custom items would probably have the cash to splash on having someone design a website for them but we do not...the website we made we did ourselves using a free hosting and limited resources and limitations on what we could or couldnt do due to lack of funds...!!

If someone did pay for someone else to make their website for them then good luck to them..i have no quarrel with that...i would still think that our website with its features and and ease of use should still have fared better in my opinion as would other entrants to the guild competition who fared even less think their website should have.

At the end of the day...Development Team made the decision and although i may not agree with it i respect it..
Im sure in his opinion he seen something in those other websites that made them stand out from the rest of us .
The decision was stewarts to make and others may or may not have made a different choice.
Either way we have the results of the competition and as i said earlier posts

<Hidden>

User

The Corporation - rullez. Gratz !!!!

Deadforall97

User

IDK ... i think The Avengers should have won the 2nd or 3rd place but nvm ... GZ to The Wining sites ...

<Hidden>

User

Corporation forever!

<Hidden>

User

Hey Deatburn thnx about spruz site its much i think its much better than other websitemakkers tnx man

<Hidden>

User

For we are The Defenders Of The Crown!!!!

<Hidden>

User

hola nadie abla espaƱol? .....---

You need to be logged in to reply.