Forums
Forums >>> >>>
New Custom Item System Launch
New Custom Item System Launch

Ysabel

Director, Operations

Your patience has been rewarded! The new CI system is here!

Our apologies for the delay, but of course ensuring that everything is working properly was of great importance. That being said, any problems noted with the new system should be reported to our Bug Reports section. Discussion and questions for Yog-Sothoth are in this thread on the forums.

In case you are in the dark about what's going on, please see Blackswann's forum post about the new system.

Since the restart earlier tonight, you will find that any customs you had (with the exception of special shirts/tabards/etc. from Neverendless special events) are now somewhat changed... (Yes we are aware that some models are looking quite... interesting at the moment!) Fear not! You can reclaim your items via the special link on our brand new Donation page.

This link is ONLY for a one-time-per-item recustomization of items built under previous systems. Once you have recustomized an item to the new system, you will need a recustomization token for any future recustomizations of that item.

For this initial recustomization to the new system you will not be able to change the display model of your item. This will be available in future recustomizations, however. For this initial change, your items will retain the display model they carried prior to the implementation of the new system.

Please do be patient once your forms are submitted and your items are being rebuilt as the Custom Items team will surely be very busy in short order. We will work as quickly as we can to get all items done and sent but as a very high volume of items is expected it will take some time.

A huge thank you to Development Team, Yog-Sothoth, Blackswann and all others who contributed to building this new system! We hope you will find it more balanced and effective. Happy recustomizing, and enjoy!

<Hidden>

User

Just want to let you know, no matter what my disagreements are with the system I love you guys for caring enough to put it together. I do hope it turns out to be wonderful, as you deserve that.

jaztwo

User

LOL guys go check global and trade channels! enjoy the chaos!

<Hidden>

User

This change shouldve been done long ago, if u can't manage to do a good selection of items then u dont deserve to play, spoilt kids...

Love the new system, hope ppl will enjoy PvPin more and more ppl decide to PvE aswell.

Bode

User

It's time to give the CI team some work..muhahahaha

<Hidden>

User

Phylactery of the Nameless Lich
    Heroic
    Binds when picked up
    Unique
    Trinket
    Requires Level 80
    Item Level 277
    Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 172.
    Equip: Each time one of your spells deals periodic damage, you have a chance to gain 1207 spell power for 20 sec.

<Hidden>

User

LOL guys go check global and trade channels! enjoy the chaos!

LOL yea.....epic meltdown!! XD

Thanks for the hard work staff :))

tpe2

User

Yeah. I can't wait to see what the new costum item system involves.
    There are many different opinions about this system, but after all I think we all will be satisfied this day existed :) For sure we have to show some patiency, but it will be worth it!
    Thanks for the amazing job staff of NE!! And keep doing that great!

Ciao, Fat Dwarf Diony

bolgin

User

Rev up the butthurt!

Pamadin

User

Pretty sure I'm spying bugs on my toons with textures not loading... even though I'm not supposed to be wearing a helm/shoulders on a brand new toon: http://i.imgur.com/lNGShfb.png

<Hidden>

User

This will be very interesting. Can't wait to get back ingame within a few weeks. Great job

ironskull

User

The only thing i was looking foward to with this whole custom saga was to change the look of my custom items but now we cant even do that so no joy to recustom so thx for nothing :(

<Hidden>

User

Awesome system :D

<Hidden>

User

well when at least we lost custom items u should have let us change look and quotes and change from 2h in 1h or shield in hands and staff like that i think that will be more feir for ppl who donated.

Thank you, and yes i am bold Draenei like Blackswann which doesnt change the fact i dont like my toon <3. Rofl :)

MrBean

User

Hi
    Would have been nice to get some sort of compensation for the lost gems and enchants do to this custom restructure. Replacing this will be very costly if you don't have enchant or jeweler talents.

Regards,

<Hidden>

User

Awesome ! Now This server will be more fair !

qeenix

User

What happend to my 13 recustom tokens that I had before this day? I would like to have them back.

<Hidden>

User

no understand xD hahahaha but i want to try xD hahaha

<Hidden>

User

so where are the custom tokens?

<Hidden>

User

mmmm
    first error when I want to recustom this item 153742 me appeared this "Appearance item must match item type" and this is the item that I want to use 51449 please look at this.

Sorry for my bad English xD

<Hidden>

User

Pesonaly i was praying for a custom rebalance a long while now.

But i have to say this system is far from perfect.. and seems like a overkill.
    And that can be dangerous for the server

phaedriel

User

so why this weird cap on wordlenght? inappropriate, conversation, ponylicious ... those r just a few words i had to change/misspell...

and why did u have to alter our quotes to that message? i had really thought about them long in some cases... now i kinda have no method of lookin at my old quotes to copy them, or did i miss something there?

and i cant use that icc rep rings as templates, that a bug or should it be that way?

oh ok and all my donor chars, well i didnt look at the other chars appear to have some kind of shirt on, which doesnt show on the character sheet and therefore isnt removable, but apperantly other ppl cant see it on me... will that be gone once the new customs r here, and whats up with that in general?

<Hidden>

User

i dont care about customs or recustoms or less gems or more stats ,im just happy that now all those over confident ret speladins will have to carry vasoline with them to arenas and bgs to ease the pain of being %$%$%$%

LOVE IT !!!!

widowmaker

User

i talked to the gm he said i can recustomize my custom's for free how do i do that

widowmaker

User

i am trying to reclaim my weapons but it is asking me for spells whats it mean and where can i find spells

<Hidden>

User

The only thing i was looking foward to with this whole custom saga was to change the look of my custom items but now we cant even do that so no joy to recustom so thx for nothing :(

Totally agree.

<Hidden>

User

The system sucks, equipment and ID Display errors
    The percentages were incorrect.
    Example: item level 264 is increased by 20% would increase level to 284 not 290.
    Creating of 264-290 would correct increased 26%
    270-290 increased 20%
    277-290 increased 13%
    The percentage should be based on the level of the item, not in fixed percentage of 20%.

Item Level means nothing as far as how good an item is, it's just a way to identify what level content the item drops from. It has no affect on the gear stats. The 20% increase is to the stats on the item, that's it, not the displayed item level. They could give custom items an item level of 20,000 and it would not matter. Stats are not tied to item level.

matalol

User

Example: item level 264 is increased by 20% would increase level to 284 not 290.
    270-290 increased 20%
    277-290 increased 13%
    The percentage should be based on the level of the item, not in fixed percentage of 20%.

Item Level means nothing as far as how good an item is, it's just a way to identify what level content the item drops from. It has no affect on the gear stats. The 20% increase is to the stats on the item, that's it, not the displayed item level. They could give custom items an item level of 20,000 and it would not matter. Stats are not tied to item level.

If it is important for based items in blizzard
    That is, items lvl 264 do not have the same statistics that lvl 277
    Do better by creating a custom base for each character
    Create a pvp base and pve base, to select the favorite

<Hidden>

User

270-290 increased 20%
    277-290 increased 13%

If it is important for based items in blizzard
    That is, items lvl 264 do not have the same statistics that lvl 277
    Do better by creating a custom base for each character
    Create a pvp base and pve base, to select the favorite

That's what you are failing to understand, it's not important. Item with the same item level can have different stats, item level does not mean anything. The 20% bonus on customs is a 20% bonus to the stats, it does not matter what item level they put on them.

I pick an item lvl 200 piece as my template and the custom item would still be item level 291. The 291 item level on customs is a completely arbitrary number. The only people it will matter to are the people who think a higher gear score means someone is a better player.

Picking the piece with the highest item level is a horrible way to choose gear as there are many specs where an item with a lower item level will actually be better for you.

<Hidden>

User

I pick an item lvl 200 piece as my template and the custom item would still be item level 291. The 291 item level on customs is a completely arbitrary number. The only people it will matter to are the people who think a higher gear score means someone is a better player.

Picking the piece with the highest item level is a horrible way to choose gear as there are many specs where an item with a lower item level will actually be better for you.

http://armory.neverendless-wow.com/items/arthas/51381 +20%= http://armory.neverendless-wow.com/items/arthas/50614 +20%

You need to be logged in to reply.