- Form Status
- Frequently Asked Questions: Voting
- Title List for Token of Title
- How to Vote Correctly
- Neverendless Vote Clock
- Vote Shop Resend / Transfer Policy
- Using the Website Auction House
- Media Section Rules
- TeamSpeak Connection Guide
- How to Get a Guild Channel
- Guild Channel Tutorial Guide
- I have been banned from TeamSpeak
- TeamSpeak Features and FAQs
- Starter Guide to Using the Forums
- How to Upload a Screenshot
- The Forum's Guild Section - How to Use It
- How Do I Make a Forum Account
- Frequently Asked Forum Questions
- I have been banned from the forums
- Forum Password and Email Changing
- Website Chat (IRC)
- Mibbit Widget Guild Website Guide
- ViRC Chat Connection Guide
- IceChat Chat Connection Guide
- Armory Tooltips for Websites
- The JSON REST API Docs
- Server Connection Guide (Arthas)
- Guide to Choosing the Correct Support Ticket
- Game Password Issues
- Game Email Changing
- Stay Connected to Neverendless
- BattleMaster Events
- How to Play in: Hide and Seeks
- How to Play in: Trivias
- How to Play in: Scavenger Hunts
- How to Play in: PvP Events
- How to Play in: Bomb Dodge
- How to Play in: VIPs
- How to Play in: 40v40
- How to Play in: Bounty Hunts
- How to Play in: Mystery Battlegrounds
- How to Play in: Simon Says
- How to Play in: Race
- I tried to join an event by whisper, but it didn't get through.
- I need help and a Battlemaster didn't answer!
- I won an event, but the reward was never mailed.
- A player is harassing me in whispers, what can I do?
- I saw someone advertising, what do I do?
- What is the 'Global' channel?
- What can I do if my Guild Leader has been inactive for a long time?
- I saw a player hacking, what can I do?
- I lost items after a server disconnection!
- Community Protection Policies and Procedures
- Updated Policy on Disciplining Hackers
- Neverendless Game Client Installer
- BattleMaster Events
- Account Security
- What does 'Access to your account has been disabled' mean?
- Authenticator FAQs
- Account Security
- Detaching a Lost Authenticator
- Neverendless Newsletter - May 2012
- Neverendless Newsletter - May 2015
Simply add the following 2 lines of html into your page's <head> section. (You may place the code elsewhere in your html if you prefer, or do not have access to add content to the <head> section.)
If you already use jQuery on your site then you may omit the first line.
Step 2. Set up your links.
The tooltip library has three seperate behaviours:
1. Automatic mode - if you have any links that point to http://armory.neverendless-wow.com/characters/Acharactername or http://armory.neverendless-wow.com/items/arthas/19019 etc then the library will automatically place the appropriate tooltips on these links, you don't need to do anything. See 'Test 1' in the example at the end of this article.
2. Manual mode - if you would like a character or item tooltip on a link that doesn't point to the armory then you may add the following parameters to the <a> element (or in fact any element) to tell the library to apply a tooltip. The data-armory-type parameter can be either "characters" or "items", and the data-armory-id parameter should be either the item ID or the character name. See 'Test 2a' and 'Test 2b' in the example at the end of this article.
3. Custom mode - the library can be used to add completely custom mouse-hover tooltips to any element, similar to the example images in the first paragraph pf this page. This is achieved in a similar manner to the manual tooltips and uses the parameter data-tttitle for the tooltip title (this is optional) and data-tttext for the tooltip text. You may place html in either of these parameters, but be sure to escape characters such as the angled brackets and quotes. PHP's htmlspecialchars function is generally appropriate for this if you are using PHP. See 'Test 3' in the example at the end of this article.
Step 3. (Optional) Apply CSS to Custom Tooltips
The Neverendless websites apply a special dotted-underline to elements which have Custom tooltips, and you may do so as well if you wish though this is completely optional. The following code is used by the Neverendless websites to apply the .tttext_css CSS class to most elements with these tooltips. Please note that this only applies to the 'Custom Tooltips' mentioned above, and not item/character tooltips of any kind.
$("[data-tttext]").not($("#infoToolTip [data-tttext], #globalToolTip [data-tttext], .miscToolTip [data-tttext], img")).addClass("tttext_css");
The end. You may go enjoy your new tooltips.
As promised above, some example code.
The 'Test 1' link demonstrates the automatic application of tooltips to links pointing to the Neverendless Armory.
The 'Test 2a' link demonstrates the manual application of item/character tooltips on links pointing elsewhere.
The 'Test 2b' element demonstrates the manual application of item/character tooltips to non-link elements.
The 'Test 3' element demonstrates the use of custom tooltips.
<a href="http://armory.neverendless-wow.com/characters/Rickondriuzz">Test 1</a>
<a href="http://www.example.com" data-armory-id="Rickondriuzz" data-armory-type="characters">Test 2a</a>
<span data-armory-id="19019" data-armory-type="items">Test 2b</span>
<a href="http://www.example.com" data-tttitle="Test" data-tttext="This is just a test">Test 3</a>
The above HTML will produce a result that looks something like this: