Forums
Forums >>> >>>
Armory-Related Complaints
Armory-Related Complaints

Development Team Leader

User

Due to recent complaints we've had about people looking up characters in the Armory, and a general desire from players to be able to remove their characters from the Armory, we've created a new custom item - [Tinfoil Hat].

This mystical item is rumoured to prevent your character from showing up in the armory. (This I heard from the first player to find one - Catharxis.

Catharxis says that this item is extremely hard to find, having been entrusted to a single individual hiding somewhere. If you can find him perhaps you can use this awesome item for yourself.

Happy Hunting.

<Hidden>

User

hmm... Tinfoil Hat?

<Hidden>

User

The only reason I can think of that someone would not want another person from seeing their armory page is because they have something to hide. When you come across potential rule violators in game, as in people using unapproved enchants on Custom Items or Custom Items with stacked stats or spells, it can be difficult to get a screen shot of the offending person.

So your only other resource is to consult the armory and inspect their gear there. The armory is 100% public on retail, so why should it be any different here? Except again when someone has something to hide.

<Hidden>

User

And the Hunt is on xD!!! Any hints???????

<Hidden>

User

how can i get the item?

<Hidden>

User

How do we get it ?

<Hidden>

User

*cracks up laughing* This is hilarious and just plain... great. ;)

<Hidden>

User

why would anyone want to hide their armory page?
========
============
======
===blatantly obvious========
=======
===========
===
======
oh that's why.....
If i see you using this you're shady in my book.....haha

<Hidden>

User

Prima aprilis for 10000%

<Hidden>

User

I kind of agree, but obviously the Admins have thought of that stuff so I'll leave it at that.

<Hidden>

User

If players were not needed to help catch the rule breakers we wouldn't have things like the Custom Item Complaint or Report a Player forms. Allowing people to hide their Armory page only helps the rule breakers. There is no personal or private information associated with a character's Armory Page. I don't hack/exploit so I won't put up with people who do. Last I heard the server does not allow hackers/exploiters either. This change is nothing but a bad thing that protects the wrong people.

<Hidden>

what a wonderful new way to troll. hihi

Littlebabygurl

User

If players were not needed to help catch the rule breakers we wouldn't have things like the Custom Item Complaint or Report a Player forms. Allowing people to hide their Armory page only helps the rule breakers. There is no personal or private information associated with a character's Armory Page. I don't hack/exploit so I won't put up with people who do. Last I heard the server does not allow hackers/exploiters either. This change is nothing but a bad thing that protects the wrong people.

yeah...right.. i agree with your statement.

LurtZ

User

I think this is a bad idea...

<Hidden>

User

this is very bad idea

Elune

User

yea have to agree. I have found a few unbalanced custom items which needed to be repaired due to rule violations. The only individuals who really would benefit from this item are those who are using these unbalanced items.

<Hidden>

User

For all you hackers out there... take the hint ^_^

<Hidden>

User

...I love April Fools Day too.

<Hidden>

User

hi there is this the 1st of April joke or, what.

If not i don't agree with this idea !!!!!!!!

Wanfu

User

Yellin Plz Don't Add It....

<Hidden>

User

Yeah not too sure about this item It sounds a bit shady to be able to hide your char in armoury

<Hidden>

User

uahauhauah, surely this is better than last year, at the least people won't waste their votepoints abusin a VS "bug" (who said April Fool's?)

<Hidden>

User

First was like wtf, why have a armory and then get ppl to hide themselves in it,

The realised its 1 April 2011.

I bought 6 relentless items for 1vp each 1 April last year. :D

<Hidden>

User

lol since it looks to be a April fools joke, people wanting one in earlier posts seems reeeaaalllll shady......

better watch yourself, April fools joke with a hidden agenda hehe...

Fearfactoryy

User

LEIFey

User

Looks like April Fools to me.

<Hidden>

User

april fools.. lol

<Hidden>

User

Only problem is this wasn't posted April first. So if this is some prank it's a really bad one.

<Hidden>

User

kael

User

Lmao aprilfoolsissoawsm :D

You need to be logged in to reply.