Forums
Forums >>> >>>
Online Harassment and Our Community
Online Harassment and Our Community

Ysabel

Director, Operations

Dear Neverendless Players,

Tonight we removed some players from our Community, permanently.

This was not the first instance of in-game harassment that has been brought to our attention, and it may not be the worst case we have seen; however, we believe it is time to make it abundantly clear our stance on these matters:

Neverendless will not tolerate severe or extreme harassment of the players in this Community. Severe or extreme harassment by our definition includes but is not limited to chat of an unsolicited sexual nature, extreme disrespect of an individual or group (be it based on culture, nationality, religion or other affiliation), and threats of bodily harm or death. This type of harassment is not only against Neverendless's rules but is against the law in many countries.

Do not be mistaken: an online identity does not relieve you of the responsibilities you have as an actual human being. You are not anonymous behind your screen, and you will receive consequences for actions that violate our rules. If and when we find it necessary, Neverendless also reserves the right to take action in an effort to protect those who are victims of extreme harassment by notification of authorities in the appropriate country.

Let's keep it real, people. This is a game. Our server is not a tool for those who seek to abuse others. You will play here if and only if you choose to abide by the server rules as well as the laws of human decency.

We take very seriously the safety and well-being of our players; our players need to take our position seriously as well. If you have evidence of what may be considered extreme harassment, please make an in-game or support ticket to provide your evidence. Rest assured, appropriate action will be taken upon involved parties.

We ask you all to take a moment to review our Community Protection Policies and Procedures (aka our server rules) and if you have any questions about these rules to seek the assistance of a staff member. You are responsible for your actions and for the actions that occur on your accounts, your IP address, and any accounts that may be linked to you.

This is also a good time to point out that Neverendless firmly believes that account sharing leads only to trouble. Protect yourself and your accounts by preventing any link between yourself and your accounts and serious offenses that may lead to infractions, bans and potential deletion of your accounts.

Thank you for your understanding, cooperation and assistance in helping keep Neverendless a safe and enjoyable place for the entire Community.

<Hidden>

User

Thank you to the admins and NE staff for protecting us players :D

<Hidden>

User

I dont actually think that harrassment is against THE LAW

Wayer

User

It isn't against the law sabthenoob, it is against the law in many countries

<Hidden>

User

These are the laws of many states and their respective codes that forbid cyberstalking and cyberharassment. The first one is the law that forbids cyberstalking and the second one is the one that prevents cyberharassment, if one is non-existant, then it's allowed in that state.

Alabama

Ala. Code § 13A-11-8
Alaska
Alaska Stat. §§ 11.41.260, 11.41.270

Arizona
Ariz. Rev. Stat. § 13-2923
Ariz. Rev. Stat. §§ 13-2916, 13-2921
Arkansas
Ark. Code § 5-41-108
Ark. Code § 5-41-108
California
Cal. Civil Code § 1708.7, Cal Penal Code § 646.9
Cal. Penal Code §§ 422, 653.2, 653m
Colorado
Colo. Rev. Stat. §§ 18-602, 18-9-111
Colo. Rev. Stat. § 18-9-111
Connecticut
Conn. Gen. Stat. § 53-181d (2012 Public Act 114), 53a-183 Conn. Gen. Stat. § 53a-182b, 53a-183
Delaware
Del. Code tit. 11 § 1311
Florida
Fla. Stat. § 784.048
Fla. Stat. § 784.048
Georgia
Georgia Code § 16-5-90

Hawaii
Hawaii Rev. Stat. § 711-1106
Idaho Idaho Stat. §§ 18-7905, 18-7906
Illinois
720 ILCS §§ 5/12-7.5, 740 ILCS 21/10
720 ILCS §§ 135/1-2, 135/1-3, 135/2
Indiana
Ind. Code § 35-45-2-2
Iowa
Iowa Code § 708.7
Kansas
Kan. Stat. § 21-3438

Kentucky Ky. Rev. Stat. § 508.130 to .150
Louisiana
La. Rev. Stat. §§ 14:40.2, 14:40.3

Maine
Me. Rev. Stat. tit 17A § 210A (see
2007 Me. Laws, Ch. 685, sec. 3)

Maryland

Md. Code tit. 3 § 3-805
Massachusetts
Mass. Gen. Laws ch. 265 § 43
Mass. Gen. Laws ch. 265 § 43A
Michigan
Mich. Comp. Laws §§ 750.411h, 750.411i
Mich. Comp. Laws § 750.411s
Minnesota
Minn. Stat. § 609.749
Minn. Stat. § 609.795
Mississippi
Miss. Code §§ 97-45-15, 97-45-17, 97-3-107
Miss. Code § 97-29-45
Missouri
Mo. Rev. Stat. § 565.225
Mo. Rev. Stat. § 565.090
Montana
Mont. Code Ann. § 45-5-220
Mont. Code Ann. § 45-8-213
Nebraska* Neb. Rev. Stat.§ 28-311.02 Neb. Rev. Stat.§ 28-311.02
Nevada
Nev. Rev. Stat. § 200.575

New Hampshire
N.H. Rev. Stat. § 644:4
New Jersey N.J. Stat. § 2C:12-10, 2C:12-10.1
New Mexico* N.M. Stat. § 30-3A-3
New York
New York Penal Law § 240.30
North Carolina
N.C. Gen. Stat. §§ 14-196.3
N.C. Gen. Stat. § 14-196(b)
North Dakota

N.D. Cent. Code § 12.1-17-07
Ohio
Ohio Rev. Code § 2903.211
Ohio Rev. Code §§ 2917.21(A), 2913.01(Y)
Oklahoma
Okla. Stat. tit. 21 § 1173
Okla. Stat. tit. 21 § 1172
Oregon
Or. Rev. Stat. §§ 163.730 to 163.732
Or. Rev. Stat. § 166.065
Pennsylvania
Pa. Cons. Stat. tit. § 18 2709.1
Pa. Cons. Stat. tit. 18 § 2709(a), 2709(f)
Rhode Island
R.I. Gen. Laws § 11-52-4.2
R.I. Gen. Laws § 11-52-4.2
South Carolina
S.C. Code §§ 16-3-1700(C), 16-3-1700(F)
S.C. Code §§ 16-3-1700(B), 16-3-1700(C), 16-17-430
South Dakota
S.D. Cod. Laws § 22-19A-1
S.D. Cod. Laws § 49-31-31
Tennessee
Tenn. Code § 39-17-315
Tenn. Code § 39-17-308
Texas
Tx. Penal Code § 33.07
Utah
Utah Code § 76-5-106.5 Utah Code § 76-9-201
Vermont
Vt. Stat. tit. 13 §§ 1061, 1062, 1063
Vt. Stat. tit. 13 § 1027
Virginia
Va. Code § 18.2-60
Va. Code § 18.2-152.7:1
Washington
Wash. Rev. Code §§ 9A.46.110, 9.61.260
Wash. Rev. Code §§ 9A.46.020, 10.14.020
West Virginia

W. Va. Code § 61-3C-14a
Wisconsin

Wis. Stat. § 947.0125
Wyoming
Wyo. Stat. § 6-2-506

So if you still don't believe it's illegal, feel free to look these laws up and see for yourself :) If you're looking into pursing someone, legally, for harassing you, the main problem would be to prove that the thing that he's doing is harassment, because the definition is different in different states, and can be interpreted in many ways, meaning that separate people can have separate opinions on what is harassment and what's not.

<Hidden>

User

Sab and Wayer are dutch, so here is the dutch constitution:

Artikel 1 van de Grondwet

"Allen die zich in Nederland bevinden,
worden in gelijke gevallen gelijk behandeld.
Discriminatie wegens godsdienst, levensovertuiging,
politieke gezindheid, ras, geslacht of op welke grond
dan ook, is niet toegestaan."

I think that pretty much covers it all.

<Hidden>

User

Dear Neverendless Players,

Tonight we removed some players from our Community, permanently.

Who? :o

<Hidden>

User

This is also a good time to point out that Neverendless firmly believes that account sharing leads only to trouble.

I really like this text! ^^
this text also applies to account trading which itself already is forbidden at NE
but if you still trade accounts this still causes problems like 75%(?) of the times ;)

dont share / dont trade

Also good job on banning those people NE :)
idk what exactly happend, but im sure the right choice has been made

<Hidden>

User

What do you mean by dont share account? I do share my account with someone I trust a lot. Sharing account is not so bad provided the person with whom you share it doesn't harass others.
I bet I won't get trouble sharing my account, except maybe some explaining to do at times but nothing more.

<Hidden>

User

Good job! Its great that you are taking care of our players.

<Hidden>

User

And by the minute good job NE :)

<Hidden>

User

Well im not sure what exactly happend here but i think those players who have been banned are banned for right reason :S...Gj NE keep going <3

Jem

User

@ Acrisius - I have seen siblings, partners and even spouses delete things off accounts that they shared with others. Who can or should you trust more then them?

It just takes one bad fight for someone you care about and trust to decide that they can hurt you by deleting something from your account or doing something bad to get you banned. Or for them to have a "stupid" moment and do or say something to get your banned.

Just know that "my xxxxx did it" is not an acceptable excuse to get yourself unbanned or your stuff returned.

<Hidden>

User

I have been following this article since it started. I have notice that anyone who disagrees with NE gets delete. WHY? Do you guys not like your players that dont agree with you? I mean i live in the USA and we have freedom of speech here. I just find it sad that if you post something that isn't in favor of NE you get delete. I am sure this will also get delete but i just had to speak my mind on this.

hollow_sk

User

I was just going to write the same thing as Getsum .It's our opinion and you MUST respect it.Good job with deleting some accounts,but I think that freedom of speech is a must in 21st century.

<Hidden>

User

I shared my account with my entire guild.

<Hidden>

User

Lol indeed ,they deleted my comment as well ......Ne has never been a democracy ....nor it should be i guess ...server is owned by one man and he makes up the rules.

<Hidden>

User

OMG I'm so awesome

Ysabel

Director, Operations

I have been following this article since it started. I have notice that anyone who disagrees with NE gets delete. WHY? Do you guys not like your players that dont agree with you? I mean i live in the USA and we have freedom of speech here. I just find it sad that if you post something that isn't in favor of NE you get delete. I am sure this will also get delete but i just had to speak my mind on this.

Blackswann has stated many times that this is not a democracy. It is in our rules that we do not tolerate negativity. By playing here, you agree to these rules and if you choose not to abide by them there will be consequences. Consequences can range from removal of content (deleted posts, for example) to infractions and bans.

It may not seem "fair"--but when is life fair? :P You make the choice to play here or not play here. We make the choice to maintain a community of supporters, not antagonists. Neverendless is interested in protecting the Community from unnecessary negativity. We do not believe that it is to our benefit or to the benefit of the Community to allow the predominant voice on our server one that is against the server. Just as you would not allow someone into your home who only has hateful and disrespectful things to say to or about you, neither will we.

<Hidden>

User

@ Jem I get your point...

<Hidden>

User

Although, it would be nice to hear the "other side" talk, that way the community can hear the reasoning behind their unhappiness (does this word exist? :D) and who knows, maybe some things can get changed to make the rules more widely accepted....

<Hidden>

User

Come on guys, enough with the harassment.

Grow up.

I for one am taking a stand against any negative talk. I'll report anyone who says anything that may offend anyone in any way.

<Hidden>

User

Come on guys, enough with the harassment.

Grow up.

I for one am taking a stand against any negative talk. I'll report anyone who says anything that may offend anyone in any way.

My hero!

<Hidden>

User

Ignorance of the law excuse no one, and no individual is higher than the law, you must pay for what you did, let us just try to respect each one of us,, try to accept defeat in battles, i think this is the main cause of misunderstanding ,, if you dont want to loss then do not go on PVP,,

<Hidden>

User

what happen if u are banned ? becouse i cant log my acc it goest to authenticating and then DC ..

<Hidden>

User

@Mythsar
Oh phew so it's not just me!

/First post
//Just found the forums

<Hidden>

User

accounts as they are eliminated?

<Hidden>

User

I beleive the previouse people saying that they have freedom of speech on this topics because they live in the United States are totally wrong. You have freedoms, and rights, as a United States citizen, that will always be protected unless they impeed on another citizens rights. Then your right is no longer a right. Just because hurting people makes you happy, (Right of the pursuit of happiness), Does not mean you can go around hurting people. Come on, seriously these people were seriouslyharrassing somebody. NE isnt some super power thats trying to make ur lives miserable. Just deal with it and stop complaining please.

hollow_sk

User

@Staten
Seems like some people can't read at all.I was talking about the freedom of speech couse someone deleted people posts,not cuz of "hurting people" with words.I'm 100% agreed with the punishments.

Jem

User

@ Blodwen - I would ask you to re-read Ysabel's post and also consider what Staten said.

I would remind you that this is Neverendless and as such, Blackswann and his staff have the right to determine if your comments are either hurting someone (staff or players) or the Neverendless community. If we feel that is the case then we will remove those comments and then determine if further action is required. It is our opinion that negative comments hurt Neverendless...they hurt the hardworking staff and they hurt the potential growth of NE if new or potential new people see them.

As has always been said: NE is not a democracy...everyone including staff are here at the 'pleasure' of Blackswann and the other owners. If they or their representatives (staff) feel that you are effecting their 'pleasure' or the positive growth of NE and its community - which includes how your comments effect the community - then you will have your comments or actions dealt with and if that doesn't work then bans - permanent or temporary will be applied.

Neverendless is not out to curb anyone's freedom of speech, but neither will we allow those freedoms to give anyone the right to harass others or the right to be negative both of which harms Neverendless. It is our right to deny people access to do the things we feel are unacceptable as defined in our various community rules and policies.

If you have any further questions or concerns about this or other policies please put in a FeedBack Support ticket.

You need to be logged in to reply.