Forums
Forums >>> >>>
Vote Points
Vote Points

Echnaton

User

I agree with Darkmoshere.
If i vote to HELP the server i want to be sure to get something back.
IMHO giving NO/LESS votepoints will just lead to NO VOTES which
will lead to NO/LESS PLAYERS and NO/LESS MONEY.

I dont see the point in giving less points to make the people vote more.
Wont happen you know? I also understand that the voteshop is only
a 'bonus feature' for us players.

Just my 2 cents.

<Hidden>

User

i sometimes think that the staff members are threatning us to vote.. its like "VOTE OR WE WILL GET ANGRY AND TAKE AWAY ALL YOUR VOTE POINTS"... if you dont want to vote then dont i dont care i cant donate so i vote.. but i dont want to be reminded to vote every time i login it is so damn annoying..

Augh

User

i´d like to know in which amount votepoints help ne (not that i´m not believing it), however, from a player´s pov, i see the lack of need in voting regularily at the moment you´re better equipped than the VS offers. i dunno if those who donor stop voting as they have better gear then; or if those ppl are the real dedicated ones and vote on.
as far as i can judge it, voting needs a stimulus besides the current way.
my suggestion: votepoints are in a minor way exchangeable with chips, with a really crappy ratio.
or sth like 95%-100% of possible votes that week equals an extra in 1 or 2 chips.
besides the great events and random stuff NE offers and brings in a load of fun different to other freeshards - wow is about gear. so if the votes on the three sites help NE that much, that the given chips are still less the value you get from the votes, i´d prefer a solution like this.

another thing is... i doubt if everyone on the server is able to read the news properly, ingame there is a bunch of ppl who seem to understand just their mothers language. maybe some voters coudl be activated if they know that there IS something like voting.

<Hidden>

User

I think the items that you guys give out in VS is 100% fair because you dont want people running around with 6k+ GS that they typed in a few numbers for right? And the taking away of votes is a tad outrageous i think you guys instead should have done sumthing else because we are family right? Shouldnt we work like a big family instead of it being the man taking our rights away for what we did?

bo0by

User

I always make sure that i vote every time i go OL. While I do get Development Team's point, I really can't agree with their decision to cut the vote points off from those that religiously voted. Maybe because I religiously voted

Deathlyangel

User

I try to vote as often as i can which is nearly every day so i can get gear for all my chars, punishing me is not fair cuz of ppl who dnt vote. I wud come on for 5mins just to vote but why should i if my points get cut cuz of other ppl. As was said in another post, fix the server bugs ( more votes ), stop the constant dc's ( more votes ), basically a good server means more votes, which means NE climbs the ladder which means more ppl which means more votes (See a pattern forming ). Also how about introducing something like the 1st 3 days of the month you get double points for voting, it would help ecourage people to vote more...also how about if someone has voted the maximum amount for the month they get a set amount of free vote points as a bonus reward.....These are all idea's of getting ppl to vote, punishing those who do is nt a good or fair way....

PS. why is top 100 areana set for 24hrs when other 2 is 12hrs?

<Hidden>

User

Here's the problem (keep in mind this is only my opinion, and we all know the famous quote for opinions, but I think mine does not stink, lol), I think the serer is too overladen with high geared level 80 characters, and that gear did not come from the vote shop. I know running this server requires $$,and those that contribute are rewarded with gear that would make regular Blizzard players drool with envy. Here in lies the problem, the vote shop offers great gear, gear that will enable you to get a gear score above 5K, but once you get that gear and start raiding, or pvp'ing in the arena, there is no need for the vote shop anymore because there is nothing offered in the vote shop that is worth replacing the high level gear you got in game, thus voting goes down. Now I know you can always start another toon and gear them up as well, but the rate of ascension to 80 is so rapid you can have multiple 80's in a matter of months, sometimes sooner, once they are geared why vote. You can only play with one toon at a time (unless you have a monster computer with two monitors and multiple accounts) thus why waste your time if you have a high level toon already. To sum up all my incoherent ramblings, there is nothing to really strive for on the vote shop. So why vote if you do not need the points. Everyone can talk about server loyalty, but face it the majority of the players here are all about what they can get for nothing! I am a moderate voter, not because I don't care but because I have a life with a wife and kids and I can't adhere to a strict voting schedule. BUT if there were things in the vote shop that made it worth while, ie. ICC Gear, Wrathful Gear around 100 vp, low end custom gear around 500 vp, etc. I might ( and I would bet others as well) bring up my voting to support the great server and staff that enables me to play the game I love without raping my wallet each month (another Blizz reference). I'm not asking for you to give it away, it takes allot of voting to reach 500 points, can you image if everyone was striving for that. Even donors have other toons that are regular and need gear as well! Thank you for all your hard work and I hope you take my comment into consideration.

<Hidden>

User

And please forgive the run on sentences, I just woke up and logged in.. to vote of course!

<Hidden>

User

Another point I forgot, why not upgrade to 3.3.5a, allot of Northrend servers in the top 100 are at 3.3.5a, surely we could get there as well. Why are we stuck at 3.3.3? I know the change is not that significant, but it at least looks like we are "keeping up with the Joneses!"

<Hidden>

User

Here's the problem (keep in mind this is only my opinion, and we all know the famous quote for opinions, but I think mine does not stink, lol), I think the serer is too overladen with high geared level 80 characters, and that gear did not come from the vote shop. I know running this server requires $$,and those that contribute are rewarded with gear that would make regular Blizzard players drool with envy. Here in lies the problem, the vote shop offers great gear, gear that will enable you to get a gear score above 5K, but once you get that gear and start raiding, or pvp'ing in the arena, there is no need for the vote shop anymore because there is nothing offered in the vote shop that is worth replacing the high level gear you got in game, thus voting goes down. Now I know you can always start another toon and gear them up as well, but the rate of ascension to 80 is so rapid you can have multiple 80's in a matter of months, sometimes sooner, once they are geared why vote. You can only play with one toon at a time (unless you have a monster computer with two monitors and multiple accounts) thus why waste your time if you have a high level toon already. To sum up all my incoherent ramblings, there is nothing to really strive for on the vote shop. So why vote if you do not need the points. Everyone can talk about server loyalty, but face it the majority of the players here are all about what they can get for nothing! I am a moderate voter, not because I don't care but because I have a life with a wife and kids and I can't adhere to a strict voting schedule. BUT if there were things in the vote shop that made it worth while, ie. ICC Gear, Wrathful Gear around 100 vp, low end custom gear around 500 vp, etc. I might ( and I would bet others as well) bring up my voting to support the great server and staff that enables me to play the game I love without raping my wallet each month (another Blizz reference). I'm not asking for you to give it away, it takes allot of voting to reach 500 points, can you image if everyone was striving for that. Even donors have other toons that are regular and need gear as well! Thank you for all your hard work and I hope you take my comment into consideration.

U got the point how to make ppl vote more, but the problem is players dont give a f*** on the 2nd captcha they just type false numbers or press the red X on the voting site and the server dont get the votes, but they get the points...

<Hidden>

User

and it would be great if there was a list made for all the items in the VP... categorized properly.. i know many people would vote because of this.. i myself would vote more

Ra's al Ghul

User

Question: Why do you just look at XtremeTop100?? As far as i known we have 2 more sites for vote. Oo
And you just count XtremeTop100, so that sucks

<Hidden>

User

and it would be great if there was a list made for all the items in the VP... categorized properly.. i know many people would vote because of this.. i myself would vote more

Go to the armory and search the item you want and click the button that says in Vote/Donation shop. Easy has that

<Hidden>

User

I totally agree with Moograin. Thumbs up dude! I can see you were a pro debater at school =)

Development Team Leader

User

A lot of you seem to be commenting on how to encourage people to vote, but you are not addressing the underlying problem. Prometherion hit it pretty much on the nose here:

U got the point how to make ppl vote more, but the problem is players dont give a f*** on the 2nd captcha they just type false numbers or press the red X on the voting site and the server dont get the votes, but they get the points...

As stated in the original post, at least 6000 seperate people "voted" at least once during the week, and we only got 2200 votes. If all 6000 had voted properly so their vote was counted, then we'd be up in the top 10, we wouldn't be having this conversation, and you all would be commenting about the large number of vote points you received this week.

<Hidden>

User

VOTE ..for..Andresthecow For Presidaaant!

<Hidden>

User

i'm sorry, but this is bull. i vote as much as possible hoping to get my gladiator armor. meanwhile someone else decides not to vote so i don't get my much "worked for" armor. i strongly disagree with the system and i would like my points.

<Hidden>

User

Maybe someone pointed it out yet, but in some cases when you vote, you are not propperly redirected to the votesite and you get a nice little message that the voteserver is down or can't be reached. In that case you can't vote and if you can't vote, NE won't get rankingpoints and we, the loyal voters, don't get the points.

I am also honest....I hardly voted last two weeks or so. Not that I don't want to, just no time for it. I shall pick it up because, and even it's just a small drop of water on a hot surface, I feel a little responsible for it. I mean, how embarassing it is to vote 1 time in 7 days? Very I must say.

But, let us forget it for now and start voting, because this server deserves it!!

<Hidden>

User

A lot of you seem to be commenting on how to encourage people to vote, but you are not addressing the underlying problem. Prometherion hit it pretty much on the nose here:

As stated in the original post, at least 6000 seperate people "voted" at least once during the week, and we only got 2200 votes. If all 6000 had voted properly so their vote was counted, then we'd be up in the top 10, we wouldn't be having this conversation, and you all would be commenting about the large number of vote points you received this week.

Well, from all the time here you never before made such a harsh decision. I agree that in some sort it is correct to stop the vote points rewards (extra points and etc), but do you really think it will make people Vote. I am sure that it will make more people stop doing it. Maybe it is only my opinion, but I have enough experience with beeing IS and enough experience with people to say what is the risk of doing such thing. You can only cross fingers now that there will be more votes next time.
I personaly won't stop voting, this is obvious, but I am not sure how many people like me, will continue.

*Anyway, If someone read this post, you must notice that if you want your favourite server, NE, to go on top 3 you must Vote. Vote every day once or twice, but just Vote. It really does not take a lot of your time. Voting is important for a lot of reasons, if you do not understand it other way, understand it this way - By Voting for NE you help the team of the server as well. You help for the website, forum and in-game experience, for the spirit of NE. NE need your vote and hand, so NE can give us a hand too. Say thanks like Voting for NE, for all the things and all the great events and prizes NE made, only for you all. ;)

<Hidden>

User

wtb troll faces on this chat

<Hidden>

User

I think the biggest problem is for ppl who do vote properly and dont get all of the VP..... i dont understand why do we have capchas.... allot of other servers have only buttons to click and that is done...... maybe if u make it simple ppl will vote. U need to simplify voting system and everybody will be happy
Thank you....

<Hidden>

User

Lot's of valid points all around o_0
one that struck me as a bullseye as to why people dont vote: lousy gear in vote shop.
one that struck me as to why people dont vote right: most people are lazy and only want something for nothing.

I highly doubt you can fix the latter, and changing the former would, overall, make little difference
yes, people would be voting. incorrectly. just flor a while longer to gear chars.
oh, and not to point any fingers, but some rival competitors set rates at 1x to force people to vote for their server, since they couldn't exactly get gear in-game at those rates...so to all fellow NE players, be glad they aren't doing EVERYTHING they COULD do here...

Shmanoftwman

User

I will say this much, I have been on this server for almost 6 months. In that 6month period there has not been one week where I have voted less that 12-15 times. This past voting period I accumulated 34 total votes and ended up with only 28 vote points. Neverendless is under NO obligation to even allow us to accquire FREE gear! So if you have a complaint, maybe you should help the rest of us pull together and speak your voice "in-game." Remind people, even once a day with /yell, or in the Trade Channels to vote. WE are an online community, and as a whole, if we work together and support one another, there is no reason why NE cant be in the top 5 on EVERY site at a minimum!...work together, support one another, and we will be just fine.

jackzhu3477

User

voting all the time.....wondering y so low.............we should be at the top!!!

<Hidden>

User

I vote on 3 accounts at the very least once a day. I completely understand what the Admins are saying on this one. If we all rolled in on XT100 and pounded them with proper votes not only would we be number one on the list we might crash their cheating vote skimming system. I'm sorry but that's what I think is going on over there honestly. But, that's just my opinion.

poowarrior88

User

Big disappointment for all of us who vote religiously. I might just take a break from all this voting.

jaeger123

User

Guys do you remember that a while ago, when we got top of one of the 6 sites that used to exist for us, Neverendless awarded us 50 vote points. We get the more we vote, you can't play Neverendless for not giving you enough vote points, no matter how much you voted, instead you should point fingers at they people who didn't vote enough to help you get all the vote points you deserved, you realize the more we vote on website the more points we get. I believe it's possible that if you vote every day twice, and EVERYONE does it, I bet it's possible to get 75+ vote points in 7 days, can you imagine that? in a month you'd have 300. If the vote shops rewards aren't good enough for you, you could at least vote for the fact that you are supporting this website, you're playing on it, Neverendless is doing their best to make this server better. All the others servers aren't as diverse, friendly, organised, sophisticated or as enjoyable as this server. Remember that, you chose this server and you're voting because you want more for your characters, which means you obviously want to stick to this server, which means you could at least help by improving it's reputation. I have a tendency to start repeating myself when i'm posting things so i apologize, i'm just saying, Neverendless should be at the top, and if it does go to the top, we will be rewarded.

<Hidden>

User

i don't know about all of you, but the vote site top 100 place was not loading for most of the week. i do vote a lot, and i try to vote on the sites more than just once ever 12hours, but for some reason it wasn't loading. perhaps the never-endless team should take that into consideration. i also do think it was a but unfair to deny the votes. pooh on you guys. that just makes me not want to vote anymore. positive reinforcement works a lot better. ever heard of the saying you get more flies with honey than with vinegar? anywho. thats my two cents. ill be voting as usual. hope this doesn't happen again. that would be very disappointing never-endless ...

mrmaxx86

User

It seems to me that not only have the players become laxxed on voting, but i have been dissapointed with how laxxed the staff have become as well. For the last three weeks vote points have not been disributed on time but rather a day late. The dates are clearly posted on the NE vote page, but are not being abbided by, also it was stated there would be weekly or monthly vote shop specials, which players have not seen in two months. Can they players be held to higher standards then the administration staff ? This should be a team effort if you expect the players to put forth full effort then you must abide by the rules that you have put in place! I vote every chance i get, and have equiped two full accounts of toons mostly from the VS, so yes i vote on a normal basis and always vote correctly. I understand that votes are a lifeline for this server's existance and will continue to vote correctly every chance i get, but can you say that you will step it up to hold your end of the bargain?

<Hidden>

User

XtremeTOP 100 -2701 ins 1240 outs

Top100Arena - 4183 ins 338 outs

Gamesites 200. - 1732 ins 647 out

How the hell is that possible? Top100Arena can be voted only once for 24 hours. How come there is such a big difference? Cause I find it really wierd, considering all three buttons are next to each other.

Didn't anyone thought that the fault maybe lies in the captchas and not people that don't want to vote?

You need to be logged in to reply.