Forums
Forums >>> >>>
So this is taking more time...
So this is taking more time...

Blackswann

Owner/Founder

So this DB conversion is taking FAR longer than we planned, expected or could even imagine. That said it will go live when it is done, and done as close to perfect as we can do it. For the community members that find it necessary to insult us for the timing go play on warmane and suffer the lag and **** they have because frankly, I would rather do without the few idiots that want to insult our efforts.

"Bobby can you tell us what is going on" of course I can fellow community member!

We converted millions of data records that are not optimized or in proper N3 form. There were small data corruptions and errors in the tables. Here is just a portion of the error report.

-- MISSING TABLE INSERT INTO character_login_activity SELECT * from backup_arthas_characters.character_login_activity;
-- MISSING TABLE INSERT INTO character_stats_alt SELECT * from backup_arthas_characters.character_stats_alt;
-- MISSING TABLE INSERT INTO gm_subsurveys SELECT * from backup_arthas_characters.gm_subsurveys;
-- MISSING TABLE INSERT INTO gm_surveys SELECT * from backup_arthas_characters.gm_surveys;
-- MISSING TABLE INSERT INTO gm_tickets SELECT * from backup_arthas_characters.gm_tickets;
-- MISSING TABLE INSERT INTO gm_tickets_messages SELECT * from backup_arthas_characters.gm_tickets_messages;
-- MISSING TABLE INSERT INTO item_instance_invaild_owner SELECT * from backup_arthas_characters.item_instance_invaild_owner;
-- INSERT INTO arena_matches SELECT * from backup_arthas_characters.arena_matches;
-- INSERT INTO arena_member_weekly_stats SELECT * from backup_arthas_characters.arena_member_weekly_stats;
-- INSERT INTO arena_team_stats SELECT * from backup_arthas_characters.arena_team_stats;
-- INSERT INTO armory_queue SELECT * from backup_arthas_characters.armory_queue;

So we are fixing the errors. in anticipation of potential issues, we left the old realm up to enjoy while we are correcting the errors. Now even though I posted the error records do not read anything into it. Viarax, Pastarian, Arch Duke and myself are fixing everything we can! Relax, login and hit each other with snowballs or something and let us do the very best work we can.

We are going to be moving the voice chat system to discord from teamspeak3. It has more feature and people seem to like it better. From my view, it has DDOS protection and that's enough for me. This move will happen probably a few days to a week after the release date of the new realm.

Some folks asked about progression in the raids. Well, we are setting the realm for the proper progression. But if someone has the gear they have the gear we will not be removing that from people and it will be like they just have progressed already.

PLEASE REMEMBER THE NEW FIRST RULE OF NE WILL BE NO CUSTOM TRICKS OR GIMMICKS. We have debated taking out the warp NPC as that's a custom gimmick. I want to leave it in but then again I want this place to be legitimate as possible. Suggestions of transmog from voting and VIP areas and such are CUSTOM. We are no longer a custom realm.

<Hidden>

User

First! :D
This is great Blackswann we're so excited and can't wait for NE to be rocking again with the new core!! :D
Thanks for your hard work

Mystique

User

Thanks for the update Bobby and all the hard work you guys are doing.

Cheers!

<Hidden>

User

Oh yeah!

So instance progression will be blizzlike, starting from Naxxramax and growing up, but we will be able to equip our old (the one we had in the last core) gears? That's good :)
Will ICC and RS work (when released)? I'm mostly referring to the Gunship battle and to Halion.
Will also Val'anir and Shadowmourne quests be working (respectively, when Ulduar and ICC will be released)?

So much hype: seeing neverendless back is so sexy!!

ironskull

User

Perfection takes time . Take all the time u want Bobby .

<Hidden>

User

I cant wait myself , sick of playing warmane .. I am Thankful you are returning..

hollow_sk

User

For the community members that find it necessary to insult us for the timing go play on warmane and suffer the lag and **** they have

lmao

We are going to be moving the voice chat system to discord from teamspeak3

Thank God, lol! I was talking with Dragon about that like 2 days ago.
TS3 is extremely past its time

We have debated taking out the warp NPC as that's a custom gimmick.

I don't know about this one.Personally I don't mind it, but the amount of hackers will go way up

<Hidden>

User

Most of us appreciate you and your staffs hard work, Bobby. Take your time. It is good that you focus on making the launch as smooth as possible.

Crackbone

User

Hahah Blondwen still exists

<Hidden>

User

Hahah Crackbone still exists.

<Hidden>

User

hahha u all even exist

<Hidden>

User

We definitely need the warp Npc I mean it is one of the key features that has kept the server alive. You're saying no custom stuff but most people donated just to have some of these features like having a custom appearance. Keeping it 100% legitimate is just boring. If you want people to come back you need to offer them something new. I believe people, who kept this server alive for as long as they could by supporting with their donations should have a say in this matter. Put out a column on the website where people can vote some things in or out, It'd save you the stress of making decisions on behalf of every player.

<Hidden>

User

Please leave the warp NPC in haha. But make it Mograine again. If possible.

hollow_sk

User

Hahah Blondwen still exists

questionable

<Hidden>

User

OMG! HYPE HYPE HYPE IS REAL

All legends like Crackbone ,Propingvvin etc. are still alive.

<Hidden>

User

Looking forward to coming back :)

Crackbone

User

Yea, I'd just like to have all bis chars from all classes and specs, because hurr durr muh customs :(

Kranith

User

I'm best and I'm back ;)
Gonna rock ya'll biatcheeeeees :P :D
Crackbone pls get sum gear xD

<Hidden>

User

Yea, I'd just like to have all bis chars from all classes and specs, because hurr durr muh customs :(

SOUP Crackbone :D

Its me Stanley , aka Crackbleu ^^

You need to be logged in to reply.