Forums
Forums >>> >>>
Item Returns
Item Returns

<Hidden>

User

I also lost everything, all I had returned were some useless grey and green items which I could not use in the first place. Not one bag, not one Item I was wearing was returned.
Now as I had spent the entire week telling people "its going to be ok, they will fix it" and generally trying my best to keep people to STAY it feels like a violation.
The penance tickets are a mighty fine idea however for people in the situation of Asura and Moopower and myself we are now at a missive dis-advantage. Hell Ive had a ticket for my custom items in as requested for a week and one of them still hasn't been returned.
I am aware of what the party line will be "too many items and we have no way for tracing whats lost...so sad" And yes I aware you fear some people will take advantage and claim that they lost things they didn't.
However I would like it noted that there are a substantial number of people who now feel slighted and dare I say cheated by this situation, one a lot of they have in their own small, un-official way tried to keep calm and contained.
We did not cut and run, we stayed and tried to keep as many people here as we could for the good of the community and the server as a whole.

Jem

User

Let me tell you of an experience that happened to me. I had my account taken on Retail and 8 characters were striped of items and it still took Blizzard, with their teams of people, huge data storage banks, one whole week to get me back my stuff. Even when I retrieved my items from my mailbox things were missing still. Now here i'm thinking if this is all Blizzard can do with all their resources I wonder how private servers would cope with something like this on a large scale.

Well I found out soon. I worked on another private server before this one and they had a large rollback. It was for 14days. Now before you think but NE's was for one month, this one was everything for those 14days. Characters ceased to exist, levels were gone, items, skills, reputation, etc. EVERYTHING for those 14days. The servers answer was "Oh well get over it this is a high rate server and oh if you have donation items come here and we will give them back"

So when it happened here, I waited patiently to see how the staff would deal with the crisis. Would they tell everyone to get over it? Would they give back only Donation items? What would they do? Much to my shock and pleasure they worked hard to send back as many items as they could. They offered events with bigger prizes then usual. They sent out compensation tokens. The staff worked long and hard to do as much as was possible to make the players happy with the available skills and resources they had.

In a perfect world we would have been able to return everything and make all the players happy but sadly this isnt a perfect world and we did the best we could to return as much as possible and make as many people as possible happy.

The devs worked incredibly hard, doing many long hours with little sleep and managed to recover about 2,000,000 items. They worked quickly to get those items back as fast as possible along with the 150 penance tickets. But despite those valient efforts people are still upset. As there is never a solution to make everyone happy. Although after the first few days, most of the players had calmed down and were extremely patient and supportive to the staff and Neverendless, which as been a wonderful pleasure to see.

I thought I would like to share some of the fun and surprising things I have seen and heard over the last few days.

"OMG Neverendless has stolen my gear"

"you did this on purpose to mess with me"

"While we wait for the items let's go make some new toons"

"OMG you are giving us 150 tickets it is only supposed to be 100"

"you find out whom your true friends and supporters are in a crisis"

"lets have a naked party in Stormwind"

"what will i do now my character is ruined"

and the funniest:
"NE is lying bout what happened we were actually hacked by professional hackers" - Seriously??

But enough of me talking. The last thing I want to do is to thank all the people that worked hard to make this unfortunate situation easier and to thank the players for being patient and understanding.

<Hidden>

User

GOOOOOOOOOOD job N.e!!!!!

<Hidden>

User

thx 4 all the werk u guys did,...neverendless is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!hx staff,,dev's and all the ppl werk'd really hard
to get this great server fixed and i cant remember the gm's name but grats ont he grandchild!!!

<Hidden>

User

I find it hilarious on how some people say 'I've worked hard for my items and I didn't get them back', "oh woe is me" , QQQQQ.

When I know for a fact they didn't work hard for their gear at all. Most of you slugs hack ICC to get your supposed 'blood sweat and tears' gear, so shut yer yap, eat your penance tickets and be grateful.

To the Staff, great job. :)

<Hidden>

User

I find it hilarious on how some people say 'I've worked hard for my items and I didn't get them back', "oh woe is me" , QQQQQ.

When I know for a fact they didn't work hard for their gear at all. Most of you slugs hack ICC to get your supposed 'blood sweat and tears' gear, so shut yer yap, eat your penance tickets and be grateful.

To the Staff, great job. :)

ooh that's rude..

<Hidden>

User

hi i have a deathknight the name is xknightsword but hi dont get that tickets can u that tickets sent to shootofdead ?? thnx for help.

Lehka

User

Thanks for hard work! :)
It sure was worth it to wait after that maintenance :)
Keep up the good work!

<Hidden>

User

i didn't got anything :S

even50

User

its not hard to see the validity of either side to the arguement. Its an impossible win situation, thats what an accident is. Fact is this is a game, and a free one for that matter. The staff works hard to resolve things and always comes up with a reasonable solution. Yes its true the for the well geared players the vouchers are less than impacting. Then agian I bet you cashed them in all the same, if nothing else for mats to put on the AH for a hefty profit. Donors and customs are guarenteed a return even if it involves some time and proving. Its a game... play it, have fun. You lost a little gear here and there, mind you it sucks... but what did you use the vouchers on that were sent to your level 10 alt? The solution isnt perfect for every single player, but as a whole its a pretty solid compensation.

<Hidden>

User

I back Jem fully.

Even though I didn't got everything back on one character, I don't complaint. In fact I HAIL the team of NE for doing a hell of a great job.

I hope the devs will get a week off to get some well deserved rest. I thank again all of you. Keep it up!

I could start talking about those who still are upset and unhappy, but I won't. Why? It's not that I am scared, it's just a waste of time. I only point out to all who didn't got everything back: start farming again, run the isntances and vote....vote for Never Endless WOW.

Now, my gaming friends......go and have FUN! It's a game and it will remain a game.

<Hidden>

User

I personally like the idea for some sort of a prize for the waiting,but unfortunately the wrathfull and relentless main set,wrathfull off-parts were depreciated. Everyone can relentless gear and almost every character has 3v3 or 5v5 team that has 1.4k+ rate,which means they can 2-3 wrathfulls for the main set without problems and,of course,weapon,relic,off hand. But I like the idea because now gear won't be an equivalent for skill . :)

Hellfrozen

User

GOOD JOB GUYS!! keep up the good work :)

<Hidden>

User

Respect and appreciation to the NE devs! Awesome job!

And excuse me for spamming that our items won't be back. I was very pissed off that day but should have had more patience.

Didn't thought you guys can do it but seems I was very wrong.

Once again, awesome job devs! Awesome job, you rock!

<Hidden>

User

I honestly new that NE would get over this crisis. I really appreciate this!
Thanks allot Devs for your hard work, and for anyone who lost their items, just say thank god others got theirs. Ne !! m /

<Hidden>

User

on one side i think this is awesome, but on the other side i think it sux, because now even noobs are geared full relentless if their a bit smart. I have geared 8 of my 80ers better and 2 with completely new gear. i thought you said you would make it able for noobs to get full gear? well, you dont hear me complaining anymore because i love the new gear.
Thanks alot N.E. Staff!

<Hidden>

User

i have to say, NE developers did a really great job... The bad thing is that one of my characters didnt got all hes stuff back... I already clean my bags (are empty) clean my cache and WTF folders... i already change bags from my bank and reloged like 30 times and nothing yet...

<Hidden>

User

la verda gracias por todo el trabajo hecho que aguante neverendless

Meteorax

User

Good job Neverendless! I belive that was a hard work... ;DDDDD

<Hidden>

User

Deathwill

User

NE staff thx : ) That was a hard work . : )

diamantina

User

Thank you very much,neverendless!!!! :D

<Hidden>

User

I want my stuff back...

evilbail

User

YEAHOOO! i knew you guys would do it!

<Hidden>

User

aWsome boiizzzss!

<Hidden>

User

Thank you very much...all my items is bak...:)

<Hidden>

User

I didnt get tickets on this acc and it mail wasnt confirmed,can i somehow get them now?

Jem

User

Im sorry if you didnt meet the requirements you didnt get the tickets and all the tickets have been sent out now.

<Hidden>

User

Wht good I Lost My 3 Heroic items Nd Alll Honor point Iteamsss Nd I dnt Get them Back Huhhhhhh........... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

<Hidden>

User

My Gearr Score Wasss 6000 Bt Now just 3800 BeCuSee Of Thisss :(((((((((((((((((((( Plzzz I WAnTt My All items BAckkkkk .......... :(((((((((((((((9

You need to be logged in to reply.