Forums
Forums >>> >>>
CORE CHANGE
CORE CHANGE

Blackswann

Owner/Founder

UPDATE: We are in the process of actually testing the conversion script. This is done offline before we start the actual conversion. But in my view we should hold off today and not do the conversion in a rush. So we will delay for a day or two. Further updates to follow. I just do not want to make a single mistake here and until I am 100% sure we have no issues we will not move over. Sorry for the delay but it is in the best interest of all to be patient and make sure we are 100%.

B

fhqwhgads

User

Sound good to me! No need to rush this

jackzhu3477

User

good, good,..nice j0bz!!

jaeger123

User

I thought it would be today! >:C

nahh i'm just messin, take as long as you need :D

<Hidden>

User

Cant Wait!! >:] but ill try xD

yallbiscuitheads

User

This is gonna be awesome!!! >:D

<Hidden>

User

Best of Luck Bobby Navel Core FTW!

yallbiscuitheads

User

My bleed strategy will finally work xD And people in full raid gear won't be able to pwn PvP gears anymore :) No more OP Dodge/Deflect/Parry Prot warrs

Hellfrozen

User

Take all the time you need Bobby :) you guys really did a great job over the past 2 months :D

<Hidden>

User

I wholly agree with Bobby's decision.
the way I see it, there's nothing more foolish than rushing in, with something this big,
for any major conversions, regardless of what it may apply to the best decision is -always- something like this:

1) get the script ready best as possible
2) make a complete and total backup of everything
3) in a safe, secure, isolated environment test the conversion script
4) go through in the new environment testing to a high degree to make sure nothing was lost or damaged
5) if everything is working, store the backup in a safe place as well as a backup of the state after the conversion, in case of any unforeseen errors in the future

Amirite?
Personally, I believe so, as I once made a similar mistake...the result was a disaster and I lost every bit of progress I had.
It was a couple years worth of work too :(
*grumbles about idiots designing mod construction sets*

<Hidden>

User

nice work NE take yur time and do a great job... :)

Kranith

User

yay!! Nice news mr.Bobby!!! And nice decision too!! Take the time that you and all NE staff needs to get the new core fully working, then set it online and ne will be best place in the world again!! :) (i didnt really understand if this new core will FIX EVERYTHING or what else, but i really cant wait to play on it!! :D) thx for all your work, go on with bugg/crash/lag/unfixed things warr!! :D

<Hidden>

User

awesome cant w8 :D

herokiller

User

YEAH! I'm just as exited as I was when the Orange Core was updated. GGAHA! xD

<Hidden>

User

sorry if i might sounds Noob here, but what does "New Core" means? maybe a detail please?

<Hidden>

User

<Hidden>

User

But why VAELTHOR said that about prot warriors??? O.o

JSPT

User

I WANT IT HARDCORE!

<Hidden>

User

Keep up the good work MENZ!

<Hidden>

User

what's this update?

<Hidden>

User

But why VAELTHOR said that about prot warriors??? O.o

<3

<Hidden>

User

My bleed strategy will finally work xD And people in full raid gear won't be able to pwn PvP gears anymore :) No more OP Dodge/Deflect/Parry Prot warrs

i dont think so. if all will work as it should there will be no more ppl that resist dmg like they have 3k resi, and if my Rune strike will work as addon says, some of rogues, warriors, and others avoiders will find they are out of line :p

<Hidden>

User

y nice guys
Take ur time no rush

Staguh

User

Take as long as you need NE. At last rogues wont drop a paladin in one ambush, locks wont hit 10k conflagerates in all blues, Spell power wont be abused by ret paladins, the list goes on and on, but good work NE. P.S Free Towels for all of NE's staff!

<Hidden>

User

IDK when prot warrios were OP, if you wanna talk about op in this old core talk about Palas and locks, not prot warriors, if you think that not being able to hit more then 4k is OP you need a serious fix, and BTW PvE gear in prot will always pwn PVP gear, cuz PvE gear prot is not made to be hitted... Anyways that are great news! Good job ^^ No more Charge/Intercept fall tru the ground bugs yay!

DeathKnight17

User

cool we will wait to see the changes, and hope to be again in the top :)

<Hidden>

User

<Hidden>

User

i dont think so. if all will work as it should there will be no more ppl that resist dmg like they have 3k resi, and if my Rune strike will work as addon says, some of rogues, warriors, and others avoiders will find they are out of line :p

Rune Strike it's totally working, and PvE geared ppl will stand no chance against Fully PvP geared, Resilence actually reduces way less dmg than what it should making it almost useless at the moment, you will notice that going arround PvPing in PvE gears will just be silly if this aspect of PvP is working as it should in the new core.

<Hidden>

User

Rune Strike all of time is doing less dmg or not so much more than my white. you call it fully working? and rogues/hunters dodging, prots blocking, DKas parying RS you call fully working? and 2k Crit with DS with 13k AP with 100% Arp in guy with max HP 15k(green+some pvp) you call... erm... what ever.

Why PVE stand no chance against PVP?

<Hidden>

User

I have never had a Rune Strike, Parried/Blocked/Dodged. I don't even believe the Death Strike crap so i'm not even going to start all i'm going to say it's that my Death Strikes are always 5k+; and about PvE V.S PvP can't you just tell by the names ? Resilence not only decreases damage taken from Players it also decreases the chance other players have to get a critical hit on you, and in this case Melee classes damage depends on many things, Resilience, Armor, Absorb DMG shields and your Weapon Damage and Armor Penetration Rating, while droping alot of offensive stats with Full PvP gear you get resilience which is the stat you NEED to PvP, going arround in PvE gears will only get you kill *Unless you ran to someone who has no idea what is doing*, Yes PvE gears have better stats but no resilience = You will get tons of DMG probably more DMG than the one you'll cause.
Ok maybe PvE gear won't be uselss in PvP ,but you won't ve as good at it as you're now, because at the moment resilence it's NOT properly working neither resilience, so you WILL see a drop on your damage to players properly geared if this things get fixed in the new Core.
But anyways it's not worth to discuss for i could test in the new Core DKs are awesome =) can't wait for it, Thank you to all the Developers well all the Staff really and Bobby for the new Core =).

You need to be logged in to reply.