Forums
Forums >>> >>>
Vote Shop Overhaul
Vote Shop Overhaul

Ysabel

Director, Operations

Over the past couple of months, our own Global Moderator Admin, Jem, has undertaken the huge task of completely reviewing and overhauling the Vote Shop. While Management made some suggestions and requests for change, she has done the heavy lifting and has put all these changes together for you.

Thank you, Jem, for all your hard work!

Some of the changes made include the following:

Armor

-Added missing items
-Added missing faction items
-Added T7 Heroes Sets (level 200)
-Added Titan-Forged items (level 200-232)
-Repriced twink items
-Repriced level 213-239 epic items
-Repriced level 146-200 items
-Removed random enchant items
-Removed profession created/specific items
-Removed seasonal items

Weapons

-Added missing items
-Added missing faction items
-Repriced twink items
-Repriced level 213-251 epic items
-Repriced level 145-200 items
-Removed random enchant items
-Removed seasonal items

Containers

-Repriced to account for size and rarity
-Removed excess bags (was 100+ bags-now 20)
-Removed profession created bags
-Removed unique equip bags

Quivers

-Repriced to account for size and rarity

Projectiles

-Increased quantities to be sold in 200 stacks
-Repriced to account for DPS and rarity/twink

Recipes

-Added missing recipes
-Repriced to account for level and item type (epic, etc)
-Removed seasonal items

Trade Goods

-Removed mats
-Removed seasonal items

Consumables

-Fixed/increased quantities to be sold at appropriate amounts
-Removed profession created items
-Removed mats
-Removed seasonal items

Miscellaneous

Junk:
-Removed mats
-Removed seasonal items

Reagents:
-Repriced to account for level

Pet:
-Added missing items
-Repriced to account for rarity and item type (epic, etc)
-Removed seasonal items

Holiday:
-Removed all as they are seasonal items

Other:
-Removed mats
-Removed seasonal items

Mounts:
-Added missing items
-Repriced to account for level, rarity and item type (epic, etc)
-Removed seasonal items

Gems

-Removed all as are profession items

Glyphs

-Removed all as are profession items

Removals have been done primarily due to items being either broken, seasonal (and therefore not usable/obtainable outside the appropriate World Event), or profession related. All profession related items including mats and byproducts have been removed from the Vote Shop in an effort to provide more balance to the in-game economy and to encourage players to make use of the services of those who actually have the professions.

We hope you will enjoy the greater variety now found in the Shop as faction-specific items (mounts, armor, weapons, etc.) are now equally available for both factions, whereas some were missing before. Please take note when choosing items to make sure you select the appropriate item for your faction!

Repricing has been done so that all items of the same quality and item level in a category are available for the same amount of vote points. Yes, some item prices have increased a bit, but this was necessary again to provide balance and to reward those who vote more regularly with better gear options.

Oh, look! *looks at clock* It's time to go vote! ;) Vote, and enjoy your newly revamped Vote Shop!

<Hidden>

User

<Hidden>

User

maybe it's only me, but I do not count the votes :S

tjkromoss

User

we need more VP give some more each week :D

reptiler

User

@Cannonbolt LoL! u want more vp? the server is now in high ranks and we reciving lots of vp,i think this ammount is enough, ah and u should add t9 normal (16 vp) and hc (32 vp) like furious and relentless, because they ahve the same lvl respective

<Hidden>

User

This is terrible. I am really upset at the changes. Everything is more expensive now and I try my hardest to vote every 12 hours. You thought the last change would cause some people to stop voting? I think this change will too.

Borealis

User

@Khati

How can you say that THIS will get people to stop voting? Lol. This is actually a great thing imo. No more profession items in the mall means more demand in game, meaning those of us that actually bothered to try and sell our professions for a fair price might actually sell them now...as they can't be bought in the VS anymore.

Well done, NE! Good move on your parts. It will benefit us in game highly. =)

<Hidden>

User

GREAT JOB NE! KEEP IT UP!!!!

THUMBS UP

necrobia

User

please let us buy schematics with votepoints, I noticed a lot of schematics and patterns have been removed from voteshop. i hate having to frm for schematics. I wanted to buy the schematic for jeeves and Bejeweled Wizard's Bracers, but found out that I can't buy them with votepoints(I have yet to find a tailor who can make Bejeweled Wizard's Bracers or engineers who can make jeeves, i haven't even seen any of those in the AH) Most of the times I buy schematics instead of farming for them 'cause they don't cost much, and I'm ok that I can't buy professions stuff anymore from votepoint 'cause that really screws many people's economy, but to me being able to buy schematics or patterns from voteshop is as important and as much a motivator as buying gear, sometimes I'm more insterested in buying schematics after I've done gearing, so please take my petition into consideration and allow all of us the chance to buy schematics and patterns from voteshop. Sorry for my bad english, I hope I make sense.

<Hidden>

User

I am greatly pleased with profession items being removed -- it will promote the value of in-game professions. I certainly feel the sting of the price hikes. I think it tipped the balance in favor of in-game activity/farming, which leaves little to no use for VP for me, personally.

Voting lands as a matter of loyalty for me, however; which means I'll still be voting, because I believe in Neverendless. I would encourage anyone weighing the effects of these changes to consider the same -- voting still has undying value to the community.

<Hidden>

User

is there any problem in voting? every vote im doing it didnt count?

T1G3R

User

VP aren't counting... Just the 24 hrs page.
Please fix this =/

<Hidden>

User

-Repriced twink items

That is what I'm upset about... I love leveling and twinking my characters but now I won't be able to.

<Hidden>

User

Good work NE and keep it up!!!!
a little sad about the twink items being so expensive but nvm.
One thing though, we are currently first and second on two of the vote sites, why not go to more Vote sites that we have no/low ranking with?

<Hidden>

User

..... Voteshop is too expensive now. Twink items - 14 VPs O.o what the hell? This is leveling. And you cant say anything about "Blizzlike" server when 70% are donors okay?
Now, Why relentless staff level 258, costs 32 VP and PvE Staff more mages/priests/druids also cost 32 VP.

Relentless Gladiator's Light Staff = 32 VPs (level 258 - around 930 GS)
Cold Convergence = 32 VPs as well (level 245 - less to spell power and less GS)

You already make people buy PvP items. However, its not it,
What about PvE weapons. There are heroic 2H axe / 2H swords and etc, HOWEVER, no staffs more mages? Add level 258 heroic staffs then! and they will equal to rele (32 VPs) and demote staffs 245 to 24 VPs a it used to be before

NE, you dont follow your own logic! If you think I cruel - you are right, I am. Because either you help us, players, either you screw us over. Decide once and for all. You cant keep changing your mind. This is ridiculous

Xerber

User

Cant say I like this. Many ppl like me have their chars max'ed and they have no use of vote shop's armors/items, only thing that was worth getting here were those FUN stuff like sesonal items/pets/mounts, and now you removing this? now thers realy nothing to spending vp on...

<Hidden>

User

Agree. If you kept voting, you can save some VPs to obtain some cool stuff - seasonal items and items from world events.. Now, not anymore...

<Hidden>

User

-Guys just don't raise vote points for items.

<Hidden>

User

Not all of this was bad. The removing of the proff items was a good thing but making the twink items 14 a piece? That's pretty shocking seeing as how they were 4.
Pretty bad move seeing as how having twink items doesnt affect the game in any way for all the regular players out there who've hit max level and are doing raids and farming mats.

Shmanoftwman

User

IN response to the people that say their votes arent counting......READ THE NEW VOTING POLICY

Augh

User

@mocuana jeeves drops with first mob, so...

<Hidden>

User

this is...... sad.

mantis445

User

Dissapointed -_-

necrobia

User

@Augh, which ones, the ones from HoL, HoS, in Ulduar, where?

<Hidden>

User

ooooooooooooopsssssssss
we neeed more vote point !!!!

<Hidden>

User

Then vote more, Thanks for the changes Ne-wow Keep the work up! <3

ooooooooooooopsssssssss
we neeed more vote point !!!!

rtk1

User

still no lvl 251 or 258 non pvp damage daggers in the vote shop....not that great of an overhaul....imo....

Shammy

User

-Repriced twink items
This is the only part that I don't care for.

Yes, it's a valid way to get more votes from people making low-level twinks and whatnot (since the items now cost about 4x their previous values), but at least when these items were priced similar to the others it felt like you could be well-rewarded for your votes.

Of course, I'm still going to vote and gather points for a twink. It'll take a bit longer now, but I still plan to do it.

Ysabel

Director, Operations

For those worrying about the prices and the amount of vote points obtainable per week, consider that if you vote every 12 hours on the first and third sites and every 24 on the 2nd site, the max amount of vote points obtainable per week is usually just over 70 points at our current ranks on the vote sites.

Is gear that costs 14 vote points a piece really that expensive if you can get 5 pieces of it in one week by voting the maximum possible?

In response to the seasonal item removal complaints: a lot of these items won't even work out-of-season and/or would disappear from your bags on logout (remember the problem with the Love is In the Air items at the beginning of the season?). We wouldn't want you to waste your points on non-functioning or disappearing items. It is highly likely that those items will be available, and on special, during the appropriate seasons.

Twinking pieces (items without level requirement) were indeed scaled and many pieces are pricier than they were. Most people don't use these items for leveling, but to gear up a character kept at a low level for the benefits that twinking brings. A twink is not just any low level character... they are amazingly powerful if done right. It was not, in our eyes, appropriate for powerful items to be obtained at 1-2 vote points a piece. Those who specialize in twinking and have an interest in the items will be glad that they were not removed entirely, as was discussed previously by Blackswann, as you may remember. Blackswann decided to let you keep your twinks, but the prices were set based on the points possible and the consideration that it should take more than one week of voting to fully gear a powerful character.

Do also remember that the intention of the vote shop is not for you to vote once or twice in a week and get some amazing gear out of it. We NEED your votes to sustain and expand our community. We offer you rewards for providing that support to the server. If you are voting even once a day only, you will get a reasonable amount of points weekly, the server will benefit from your support, and you will be able to reward yourself from the Shop.

Thank you to those who understand our intent and are supportive, and here's hoping the rest of you will see our reasoning as well. ;)

rtk1

User

i understand it....and i vote everyday....when i can....but it would be nice to have some lvl 258 dps daggers in the VS...there's 258 everything else just about for weapons why not dps daggers? i brough this up in a ticket like 8 months ago and was told it would be fixed....guess not....

You need to be logged in to reply.