Forums
Forums >>> >>>
New CI System Launch Imminent
New CI System Launch Imminent

Ysabel

Director, Operations

Thank you for your patience as we have been working to complete the system to return customs to the previous, more player-customizeable system we have seen in the past! We are nearly at the finish line and we have some important updates and information for you!

New Item Creation On Hold

Tonight at midnight server (Friday, April 18) all new item creation (for items created from regularly obtained donation shop acquisition for new--not reclaimed--items) will be placed on hold until such time that the new system is up and is assured to be functioning as intended. We apologize for this inconvenience; we hope to prevent any unforeseen problems or errors with new item creation that may result as a result of the new system in order to save players the frustration of such complications. Regular new item creation will resume after testing under the new system is completed (most likely tomorrow or Sunday). This does not mean you cannot donate for new tokens during this time; only that you must hold your tokens until item creation is reopened.

What Will Happen To My Current Items?

All custom items currently in-game will be completely removed from all characters. Unlike with the previous reclaim system, all old items will be viewable in a sub-section (link to be provided) of our Armory. We know your set design is important to you, and we are providing the viewing of old items via the Armory in an effort to allow access to your names, quotes, and designs as they are at the time of system change.

Wait, What!? You're Stealing All My Items? Then What!?

Don't wooooooooooooooooooooorry! In place of each custom item held per character at the time of system change, each player previously holding custom items will receive an equal amount of Character-Bound "Custom Item 2014 Reclaim Tokens" on his/her account on the website. These special tokens will allow for creation of items to replace those removed during this change. These special reclaim tokens will function as new item creation tokens with a few exceptions:

• Custom Item 2014 Reclaim Tokens are character-bound. You will only be able to create items under the new system with these tokens for characters who held custom items at the time of the system change.
  • Each character will be able to reclaim the same number of items as were removed at the time of system change.
  • Each character will be able to create only the same item types as held at time of system change. (For example, if your character has custom chest, leg, and helm pieces at the time of the system change, he/she will be able to use Reclaim Tokens to create chest, leg and helm pieces to replace the removed items ONLY.)
  • Duplicate item names will not be allowed under this system (as with the previous).
  • Apart from item type restrictions as mentioned above, all other details of the new item will be open to customization, including display model, name, quote and choice of stats and spells (from a pre-approved list of stats and spells where stat amounts are previously set by Management).

So When Is This All Going Down?

We will be taking the servers offline at 2pm server time, Saturday April 19 in order to inject and test the new system. While we cannot fully anticipate the time needed to do this, we expect to have the Arthas realm offline for a few hours. Updates will be provided hourly by server alert on the website, and of course you are welcome play on Deathwing or Hellscream, or to hang out in Teamspeak and IRC while we work. We do ask your patience and understanding--while we hate to rob you of any awesome playtime on Neverendless, we need to ensure a smooth transition and this requires some downtime.

Anything Else I Need To Know?

Nope, that's pretty much it. Oh! Of course, if any problems should arise during your reclaim process, please do make a support ticket for further assistance. As we expect the list of reclaims to be done during the first week or two following launch to be quite long, please allow some additional time for your items to be completed and mailed to your characters in-game. We will be giving access to additional staff members to assist in speeding up the reclaim process for all, and we will be carefully monitoring new support tickets for your questions and concerns during this process.

Thank you once again for your anticipated patience as we move forward with this exciting change. We do hope the Community on Arthas will be pleased with this return to our "old-style" Custom Items and we look forward to seeing the results of your creativity! Good luck, and enjoy!

Profesar

User

Apothecy

User

Yay more naked female Draenei. GNOMES APPROVE!

<Hidden>

User

<Hidden>

User

I hope the system will not be as confusing as it was the last time :P

<Hidden>

User

Why do they all have to be offline? Will you send a special NE entertainer to my house while I cant play?

Gatorraid the immortal

User

All hail Buzz Aldrin who fulfilled the prophecy of the old customs.

<Hidden>

User

Any updates on when this is happening??

<Hidden>

User

When we can finally make new customs??? It takes sooo long..

<Hidden>

User

Anyone that knows if we get Gems? cuz currently there are only 2 gems on AH, so will be hard/expensive to gems the new Custom gear. or if they will put gems in the vote shop.

Gatorraid the immortal

User

dont be scrambling for gems just now we've known of this change for weeks

rene lipman

User

can you also get other things with your tokens? of must the by the same

<Hidden>

User

just came back from almost a 8 month break, so havent known about this change for weeks. bet there are more then me that wants to know the same thing...

<Hidden>

User

Rofl its your problem you dont have gems for new customs. I bet, they wont give free gems or something like that. you can still farm them in game if u have mining...

nbe2

User

Or whisper me, and i'll make them! Got a full bag of matts! ;)

<Hidden>

User

Anyone that knows if we get Gems? cuz currently there are only 2 gems on AH, so will be hard/expensive to gems the new Custom gear. or if they will put gems in the vote shop.

Dont worry, I'll try not to sell them for too much :3

<Hidden>

User

My lock will sell buy 1 take 1....

<Hidden>

User

Yay more naked female Draenei. GNOMES APPROVE!

Since when do Gnomes like Dreanei Mating Ritual?

Well, to comment on Ysabel's post...I am glad to have my end game gear. Would be half naked myself if not.

<Hidden>

User

So when is this happening?

<Hidden>

User

@ montgommery

it will happen when all gnomes are GONE :D

will be coming again :D

Kranith

User

OMG GNOMES ARE TOO STRONG FOR YOU ALL!
Wrathful gear and T10 pve full set are so useful right now!

Nicely done NE, gratz once again! ;)

<Hidden>

User

My names Drapsnatt...*Puts on Shades*...Drapsnatt Flores.

Gatorraid the immortal

User

Thanks for the update.

<Hidden>

User

17:53 - Haven't heard much from the outside world, starting to feel a little hungry now, no NE for about an hour, I'm feeling a little dazed and have been hallucinating. Please, if anyone is out there, if anyone can read this, help me.

<Hidden>

User

amg chek mi char in arm0y nooo custom item ? ?? ? ? i swer r u havin a giggle + someting ?

Apothecy

User

He walked out in the gray light and stood and he saw for a brief moment the absolute truth of the world. The cold relentless circling of the intestate earth. Darkness implacable. The blind dogs of the sun in their running. The crushing black vacuum of the universe. And somewhere two hunted animals trembling like ground-foxes in their cover. Borrowed time and borrowed world and borrowed eyes with which to sorrow it...

Apothecy

User

Slowly fading away from this world into the afterlife....the gnome seeks the aid of the Prophet Beanman to guide him into the life beyond...

Upon final request, the gnome wishes to see the server back online but he knows that he won't live to see it happen...

hollow_sk

User

^ That guy makes me come back to NE.
You can't find this kind of funny stupidity on league... you can only find the stupidity there.

<Hidden>

User

drapsnatt flores

<Hidden>

User

Just saw gnomes comments, what a lad
RIP Gnome

You need to be logged in to reply.