Forums
Forums >>> >>>
"Out With the New, In With the Old"

Blackswann

Owner/Founder

We have been considering over some length of time the impact that the most recent "new" custom item system has had on our Community and our players. We have heard the Community's input and have come to believe that though at the time it was implemented we believed to be doing the best possible action for the Community and the server, the "new" custom item system which was designed to be more fair and balanced to donors and non-donors alike has not met the needs of the Community.

While we ask that the Community keep in mind it was an attempt to improve the in-game experience for all our players, we apologize that the reality of the system was that it did not turn out as we had hoped.

With all this in mind and after careful consideration we have decided to return the "old" system (custom items on Arthas as they were prior to the redone system released in within the next week. Players with custom items will have the opportunity to fully redo all custom items on their characters once the system is released. Unfortunately, since item reclaims effectively deleted the old style items, we cannot just "put back" that which you had before; however, this means everyone gets a fresh start with their item designs.

Some details about this process:

• Again, the system is expected to be changed within the next week. Actual date of release is dependent on Developer workload (although we have a dedicated team on this project alone) and of course barring any complications arising during redesign of the system.
  • All current custom items will be available to view as is in a special section of our Armory. While those items will be removed from your characters, you will be able to view their information in the Armory so that your item names and quotes will be preserved for your reference.
  • We will be doing this process differently from last time: no item "reclaims". Instead, each account with custom items will receive an appropriate number of tokens in place of custom items currently held on the account.
  • These special replacement custom tokens WILL be locked to characters as we WILL be honoring the "ownership" each character had of a specific number of customs.
  • Item creation will allow for much more customization than the current system; however, during this initial creation you will be unable to change.

We are excited about this change and hope that the Community will be as well! Spread the word! We know there are a significant amount of players who were displeased enough with the "new" system that now their accounts sit inactive. It's time for everyone to come back and claim what is his/hers, and to have it the way we have come to believe it was preferred.

Thank you for your continued support, your patience, your understanding AND especially your loyalty! Do not consider this a step "back"... as usual, Neverendless strives to remain ONE STEP AHEAD.

Apothecy

User

Watching NE develop and grow over the past few years, I'm proud that they still take pride in everything that they do in order to satisfy the community. After all, we are a very community driven server and generally speaking from past experiences, I'm proud to call NE home. With that said, there WILL be some QQ'in from non donors (as always) but it'll calm after a while. This was a very thought out decision and I'm neither for it or against it. I'm curious how this will all end up turning out in the end and I'm proud of being such an epic server even though others don't see that, it still is a place that I cherish. ;)

P.S. First!!!

<Hidden>

User

why is a gnome got the 1st post grrrrr :P

2nd :D

Kranith

User

Lmao so you're telling us that FDs abuser left 'cause Arthas isn't scripted? What are you talking of LOL??

Anyway, NE YOU'RE GREAT !!!
I supported the new -and more balanced- custom system, but I always thought the old one was way more enjoyable and fun.
I'm sure a lot of old players (and yes, also the used-to-abuse-players) will come back asap after hearing this new change on their home server! :)
If you also think about how good is NE's Mists of Pandaria server going, you will really understand how NE is always one step ahead !! ;)

Oh, and btw, GNOMES are ALWAYS FIRST!!!! :D

<Hidden>

User

Ret Paladin sp stacker, gotta miss those days

<Hidden>

User

Well i for one am excited to see what the new system will bring, custom design, stats, and otherwise. I'm sure this is the first step to addressing a larger base of concerns that the community has held for some time.

I look forward to seeing the result of this system change, and i think it's nice to see that us oldies on Arthas aren't being ignored.

Having said that, i only have one almost FD spriest, and a rogue with three custom items. So this doesn't affect me as much as it would others, though i do get to experience the change. I can certainly sympathize with many of the posters above me, regarding the server bugs. I understand, however, that launching the Hellscream realm has taken up a lot of the available Developer team's attention.

I end this comment in hope that with additional developer staff support we will be able to get the repairs we need.

Love you all! Proud to be a part of this community.

~K.B.B

<Hidden>

User

des slogans be better news than the customs

h291094

User

yayeee !!! supppaaaaa excited :)

also i know this is not the forum to say so but it is the only way to get attention on this topic ..
please get rid of the current bg que system ..... we all might as well have the bg with just 5-7 persons a side rather than waiting for long times at a length for a bg pop ......

u heeded to the public's advice to get back the old customs .... and i know for sure that the public will support this too !!!

Crackbone

User

WHO"S GONNA PAY FOR MY GEMS 2ND TIME ?!>? !??!!?

<Hidden>

User

oooo krakbone :PP

<Hidden>

User

Does that mean that I am gonna return again to my dudu :D ?

Shinkai

User

THANKS GUYS! ;) Keep up the good work!

And Antirock

also i know this is not the forum to say so but it is the only way to get attention on this topic ..
please get rid of the current bg que system ..... we all might as well have the bg with just 5-7 persons a side rather than waiting for long times at a length for a bg pop ......

You can already queue Warsong with 5 players! So give it a go ;)

<Hidden>

User

its boring if no alliance que, it makes me have to log 10 toons just to do it sometimes

THANKS GUYS! ;) Keep up the good work!

And Antirock

You can already queue Warsong with 5 players! So give it a go ;)

<Hidden>

User

<Hidden>

User

Is the Chance on hit: Grants 2 extra attacks on your next swing. Well be Available on the Old CI system btw :3 ?? Keep the Good work Ne<3

Cire

User

Seeing as this is going to happen and the population is low currently, all gems should be added to the vote shop or should be given out with the gear.

With out being able to gem the gear this is going to be totally a waste of all the gold already spent by many on epic gems for their gear. :/

<Hidden>

User

Thank heavens for that. Hate the un-custom custom items. Shadow Priest here I come. Hope we get some gem tokens.

<Hidden>

User

WHOOOO!!!!!!!! I love OLD coustums!!!! More gems, more procs=MORE FUN!!!!
TY NE!

<Hidden>

User

oh wow.. if that happened a year earlier.. i bet it would have changed things enormously

<Hidden>

User

i was a ghost now iam back ty for the changes its supose too be like this :)

<Hidden>

User

This made me want to go back \o/

Bode

User

Now this is interesting indeed...

Gatorraid the immortal

User

Im a very happy Gator, best thing you have done in a long time.

<Hidden>

User

Sabthenoob u have to say u're happy about the change :D

<Hidden>

User

damm Drei.nice seeing ya lol XD

<Hidden>

User

oh so its will be happen , all of you must say bye wow cuz maybe i get back :3 -_- :|

matalol

User

ancient two-handed weapons suck in status

Korfane

User

Hmm...interesting.

<Hidden>

User

Well, allow me to post my thoughts about this situation.

I would definitely agree that this would bring back the much needed population that NE was able to boast about in the days of old. People will complain and complain, but, people will always have something to complain about. As a FD, I liked both systems in several ways. That being said, I also have several non-custom characters. And I feel like that will also make PvP just as competitive as it used to be. No more being able to just face roll against an FD. And also, this will mean we'll see less ArP pallies, which is not a bad thing. At least SP can be used for more than two abilities, unlike ArP.

Anyways, Batman out.

<Hidden>

User

Sorry not coming bak :P

But hopefully my Original Custom Item Calculator on the NE Forum will be useful once more,
if it needs tweaking i may consider updating it for you guys, if that is at all possible.

All the best for the change o/

- Tobby

You need to be logged in to reply.